Would You Trade Your Car For Lifetime Free Public Transport?

Would You Trade Your Car in Exchange of Lifetime Free Public Transport?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Think if you were given an opportunity by the Government of India to trade your car for a life time free public transport facility – would you accept or refuse? Although, while we are only discussing here about this, it has been already brought into action in one of the cities of Spain through Murcia Car-free campaign. Of course, if ever considered to be implied in India, it will involve a lot of thought process and more advanced public transport facilities throughout the country. But for now, what's your take on this?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Being a driving enthusiast I dont think I will trade my car with public transport.
I probably will keep it for weekend trips to satisfy my urge for driving but use the public transport for daily commute, like what people do in London.

Well,although I am a driving enthusiast and really love to drive hard but still I feel that fuel and roads are now getting shortened and hence i feel that I can compromise on my enthusiasm for the sake of our roads*.
I AM HAPPIER TO TRAVEL IN A BUS AT 80 KPH INSTEAD OF DRIVING MY CAR AT 20 KPH IN A TRAFFIC MESS.

* T&C applied.

I like my car I will never give it up. Yes for office use I will consider bus
I share the same opinion. I may use Public transport to get to my destination sooner, but giving up my car is something i can never think of.

I cannot even think of giving my car.[shock]
Agreeing with Vipul.But only partially.I'll not give any car even if I've a spare one.[:D]

I voted NO. I never cannot trade my car for free lifetime public transport. To be frank i use public transport very rarely. I use only my bike and car always.

Call me wicked!

if taxi is a public transport and allowed for free ride , then my choice is yes.

i will get a badge asap once announced , and befriend taxi drivers/owners for the rides.

The real thing is No. i loose my only happiness!![evil]

Would You Trade Your Car For Lifetime Free Public Transport?
This is like asking "will you trade your home for free public dormitories ?

There used to be life time incoming free schemes in mobile phone for a ransom amount. after an year the company would be closed and sold to different field.All commitments and efforts on rocks.

Nobody knows what happens next, change in government,war,natural calamities or any other issues. long time investments never works considering present world.

There used to be life time incoming free schemes in mobile phone for a ransom amount. after an year the company would be closed and sold to different field.All commitments and efforts on rocks.

Nobody knows what happens next, change in government,war,natural calamities or any other issues. long time investments never works considering present world.
While going thru the thread I was thinking that I might give it away for free public transport but after reading the last post from Jayadev. I have changed my mind and now my statement would be a BIG NO.

100% in agreement with Jayadev [cheers]

ilango[speed thirst];92985 said:
The real thing is No. i loose my only happiness!![evil]
You wrote my mind buddy[clap]. We petrolheads dont drive to reach from point a to point b, but driving is the medium to feed our soul. Thats why giving up rides for public transport is next to impossible for most of us.

Nicely said indeed. Some things are there to give you happiness and driving is one [glasses]

NO.
My car is the very reason I am here at TAI. Parting with her is like a knife stabbed across my heart. The sheer pleasure it gives everytime i take her out. The pain I feel when she rubs her lips on other cars..ahhhhh. No way she is going. She lives with me.

freakdude.

Top Bottom