Wonder Wash: Iron Remover Solution

Thread Starter #1
Being an avid DIY detailing enthusiast I enjoy keeping my vehicles in good shape inside and out at all times .
its a known fact the external paint is exposed to lot of road films ,brake dust and other pollutants that can embed into the clear coat and cause dulling of paint and roughness .
In the sequence of thorough paint decontamination prior to correction, chemical decontamination precedes mechanical decontamination (using clay bar /clay mitts).
I have been on the lookout for a reasonably affordable iron removal as most iron removal solution are imported from well known brands .I chanced upon this Indian product from WONDERWASH brand called converting cleaner and iron remover .Its priced reasonably at INR 650 for 1 Litre and comes with a free spray bottle .
Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

The label on the bottle claims the formula is pH neutral and safe for use on coated rims and clear coats of vehicles .
The consistency is quite liquid similar to diesel and clings on well when sprayed on the paint.The need for dilution or whether its pre-diluted is not mentioned and I used it undiluted by filling up around 200ml in the spray bottle .
I urge you to strictly to use chemical resistant gloves and eye wear when using such chemicals as mentioned in the label .A mouth mask also is useful as the odor in pungent .
Always work on a cool panel in shade and make sure the paint is sprayed of from gross contamination like mud from wheels and wheel wells before using the product for better contact .
I then sprayed the entire exterior of the vehicle including the wheels and waited for the purple color change to start .It takes around 3-4 minutes to start showing the reaction and your paint appears to dramatically "bleed ".
Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

maximum bleeding effect was noticed from the wheels and the horizontal panels like bonnet and roof .
The sides especially behind the wheel arch showed mild purple color .Probably because my car has a bulging wheel arch cladding protecting the paint from brake dust and owing to recent decontamination and application of ceramic wet wax 3 months ago .
The rear boot hatch also showed lot of bleeding probably due to the tail -end vortices .
I used my pressure washer then to completely rinse off the Iron remover which to my surprise had a mild foaming action .The solution rinsed of fairly easily with high pressure washer
After this i used snow foam to cover the car in shampoo suds and did the routine contact wash to finish of the process .
Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

you can see the water beading effect still persistent which indicated that the iron remover solution does not affect the paint protection /sealant drastically
Slide8.JPG

Overall i was happy that there was relative decontamination of the paint since the time I have owned the vehicle which may contribute to overall upkeep of the paint .This being 10 year old paint has been doing really well .
The act of chemical decontamination of paint can vary depending on the exposure to contaminants and my limited knowledge of paint care suggests maybe once a year paint decontamination should suffice in most conditions .
Thanks for reading through !Drive safe drive right
DISCLAIMER :I am not associated with the manufacturer or seller of this product .Please use the product at your own risk

Thread Starter #3
Hi,yes very much it has rinsed off completely with no dramas as i had mentioned in my review .The surface of paint shows no visible defects or spotting after use.Never allow product to dryout and in case it dries of spray more product to the surface and rinse off .Most iron removers recommend the same .

Top Bottom