"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD

Thread Starter #31
One more issue has cropped up in my XUV yesterday. The left front passenger door fails to open from inside as well as from out side. I can manage with the other niggles but this one has me [frustration]. On top of this i am in Mangalore with no official XUV service center. My only hope is that the local M&M service center may be able to sort out this issue.

One more issue has cropped up in my XUV yesterday. The left front passenger door fails to open from inside as well as from out side. I can manage with the other niggles but this one has me [frustration]. On top of this i am in Mangalore with no official XUV service center. My only hope is that the local M&M service center may be able to sort out this issue.
Hi
This is not an issue, its just the alignment of the door due to which the lock refuse to open or close.
It is present in almost all the XUVs since its launch and it will get rectified by adjusting the door alignment and lock adjustment.

Just a minor job and your local service centre can do this after having a telecon with Banagalore people.

Thread Starter #34
The front left door issues has cropped up in many XUVs and still remains unsolved.
Hi
This is not an issue, its just the alignment of the door due to which the lock refuse to open or close.

Update to the above after a couple of minutes of brisk locking unlocking and pulling on the door lock unlock and open levers by 2 to 3 service personnel at the local M&M service center at Mangalore- Karnataka Agencies the front passenger door opened finally and the problem seems to have gone away.I am so relived because otherwise i would have had to go to Bangalore for the rectifying the problem immediately or i would have to manage with the door locked till i go for 1st service to Bangalore.

Update to the above after a couple of minutes of brisk locking unlocking and pulling on the door lock unlock and open levers by 2 to 3 service personnel at the local M&M service center at Mangalore- Karnataka Agencies the front passenger door opened finally and the problem seems to have gone away.I am so relived because otherwise i would have had to go to Bangalore for the rectifying the problem immediately or i would have to manage with the door locked till i go for 1st service to Bangalore.
Great saved a trip to bangalore. Rest all fine with wolverine ?

Hi Wolverine and other XUV friends, I have booked an XUV W8 and the delivery is due next week. After reading all the forums on XUV, I understand there are major quality problems with the vehicle. I am now having second thoughts on buying it and am planning to cancell. However before I cancell, would appreciate if you can share your experiences. Is it worth investing the 15 lakhs and then running after Mahindra to fix the problems.

Hi Wolverine and other XUV friends, I have booked an XUV W8 and the delivery is due next week. After reading all the forums on XUV, I understand there are major quality problems with the vehicle. I am now having second thoughts on buying it and am planning to cancell. However before I cancell, would appreciate if you can share your experiences. Is it worth investing the 15 lakhs and then running after Mahindra to fix the problems.
Iron rock and dockap are right people to communicate with they are unbaised and helpfull guys they will guide you in a right direction and they are owners of the xuv so will be in better position to guide you pls send pm and clarify your doubts.
Here is iron rocks thread about his xuv http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-dark-knight-buying-ownership-experience.html

Thread Starter #41
Hi Wolverine and other XUV friends, I have booked an XUV W8. Is it worth investing the 15 lakhs and then running after Mahindra to fix the problems.
Hi, congrats on your AWD XUV. If there is an authorized XUV service center in your city to sort out any initial niggles i would advice you to go ahead with the purchase of the XUV. It is totally worth the 15 lakhs you pay for it and some more.

The results of 2 major Indian off road rallies 2012

The Future of the Indian Automobile Industry: Mahindra XUV 500 wins Dakshin Dare 2012

Mahindra XUV500 bags title at Desert Storm Rally 2012 (Photos) | Rush Lane

Off topic i had been to Manipal today to attend my cousin brothers wedding ceremony and had some spare time to explore so drove down to Siddivinayak temple on the banks of river Swarna where i clicked the below photos with my phone camera.

Attachments

Thanks dockap and Raja for your valuable suggestion. Both dockap and Iron Rock have given an excellent review. Hats off to you guys. Tomorrow itself I will be going and intiating the delivery process of my XUV

Thanks dockap and Raja for your valuable suggestion. Both dockap and Iron Rock have given an excellent review. Hats off to you guys. Tomorrow itself I will be going and intiating the delivery process of my XUV
Congrats [clap] we need a treat from you in form of a nice ownership Review and loads of pics of your ride [:D]

Hi dockap, how is your Wolverine doing now?

Was the 1st service carried out , how was your experience.

As XUV has been released all over India, hope the next service you can get it done at Karnataka Agencies.

Btw how is the weather in Mangalore currently?

Thread Starter #45
Hi dockap, how is your Wolverine doing now?
Was the 1st service carried out , how was your experience.
As XUV has been released all over India, hope the next service you can get it done at Karnataka Agencies.
Btw how is the weather in Mangalore currently?
Wolverine is doing fine (crossed 6.5k on the odo)except for a small indentation in the plastic part of the rear bumper which is the result of a chevy spark rear ending the XUV ( the elderly gents in the spark were distracted by the young urban scenery i guess[;)])
I have removed the 3M sunfilms from the XUV myself and it does not make much of a difference since the XUV AC is pretty powerful
The mileage calculated by tankful to tankful is now 10 kpl with 50/50 city/highway driving

1st service was carried out at sireesh auto bangalore in may and total cost was Rs 2311/- only but i had to spend Rs 23000/- for 2 days stay and shopping in bangalore for family[anger]. Some of the niggles were fixed and software updated.
The alarm getting activated spontaneously has stopped
The entertainment system does not hang now
The doors are all fine now(no unlocking problems)
The right orvm hitting the window beading in closed position has been fixed
The remote control for the Entertainment system given with the XUV at the time of delivery never worked even after changing the battery and on complaining they found out that i was given the remote of a W6 system.It was replaced with the W8 remote at the time of 1st service. No wonder it did not work.
Niggles not/cannot be fixed
The remote for lock/unlock has a very short range and sometimes need to be pressed 3 to 4 times even when standing next to the XUV. problem not rectified even on complaint at 1st service
Had complained of the bad ride quality over rough roads and was told that all XUVs are like that

Thankfully now that the XUV has been launched all over india i can get the future servicing done at Karnataka Agencies Mangalore itself.
The Rain God is playing hide and seek in Mangalore. Just the occasional drizzle during daytime and brief downpour during the night here in Mangalore so far.

Found out that M&M are trying to pull a fast one with the 3 days 2 nights stay at club mahindra which was given to XUV owners as part of purple club. I tried to register the code of the holiday voucher and got the message that it is no longer valid so called up club mahindra helpline and was told that the voucher has to be registered within 1 month of date of issue which is the date of purchase of XUV.Since I( and many other XUV owners) received the Purple club package more than a month after purchase of XUV this was not possible. I did not purchase the XUV for the sake of a 2 day vacation but i feel that mahindra should not have issued the holiday vouchers if they had no intention of honoring them[anger].

Last edited:

Top Bottom