Wiring Harness and Ceramic Plugs for My Ride

Thread Starter #1
Folks,

I own Vista and have upgraded OEM headlights 55/60 W bulbs to Philips Essential Power 80/100 W. Vista ships with H1 & H7 bulbs. I am looking out for wiring harness (high quality wires & relay) along with ceramic plugs which are plug-gable and I don't wish to cut any wires as car is in Extended Warranty.

I enquired few of shops for these but unfortunately no own stocks them. One of the option available for me is to get these ordered via eBay.

Appreciate your help on this.

Re: Wiring harness & ceramic plugs for my ride

hey friend did u fix ur philips 100w bulb ,did u put a relay,wont it void warranty. i have vista wanted to get more light as headlight throw even in high beam is poor doesnt light the far off road just scatters in front of car

Thread Starter #3

hey friend did u fix ur philips 100w bulb ,did u put a relay,wont it void warranty. i have vista wanted to get more light as headlight throw even in high beam is poor doesnt light the far off road just scatters in front of car
My car is already out of warranty and if not mistaken extended warranty does not covers headlamps etc. Currently I have restored original bulbs as I am not able to locate relay, fuse and ceramic holders, need to look out for them at Sion. Also electrician told me only relay should suffice as OEM wires are of higher gauge and would be able to pick up that extra load but would require wire cutting. I would be going only for plug-n-play kit that does not involve any wiring cutting.

My higher wattage bulbs were fitted by TASS guys as they know it is not covered under warranty.

Mate in case if you are upgrading the bulbs please ensure that you also get the motor checked if it is connected properly (this is from my experience).

If upgrading to 90/110 watt bulbs, then please make sure you have relay in place or you'll be blowing fuses every now and then. Minda makes quite satisfactory quality relays and wiring harness and comes as a package. Cost wise should be around 500 bucks.

freakdude.

Headlight connector kit wont be easy to get for vista. On option for you is to get a pair of blank connector and use them to connect the relay. It'll make it plug and play. OEM Wires will suffice that kind of amperage.

Thread Starter #6

Top Bottom