Windshield Wash Wipe Maintenance

When was the last time you changed your wiper blades? I am pretty sure that it is the damaged blade thats leading to these scratches. Chane them ASAP to avoid further scratches.

PS: Do post the pics of the blades if possible.

Thread Starter #17
When was the last time you changed your wiper blades? I am pretty sure that it is the damaged blade thats leading to these scratches. Chane them ASAP to avoid further scratches.

PS: Do post the pics of the blades if possible.
Read the first page.I have written there that the blades are just 5 months old n i cant get their pic so i have made this picture through paint.

Attachments

Last edited:
Windshield doesn't necessarily need to be years old to develop scratches. Improper use of wipers often leads to such scratches. IMO get the wiper blades inspected during the next service.

Wiper blades have very less life dude.
Check it and get it changed if necessary. [:)]

BTW!!! people who used to steal wife's safety pins, be afraid of... Be very afraid of raid!!! [lol]

Thread Starter #21
Windshield doesn't necessarily need to be years old to develop scratches. Improper use of wipers often leads to such scratches. IMO get the wiper blades inspected during the next service.
I never used it improperly.I never run the wipers dry.I often clean the screen with wiper in stead of a duster.Can it be due to a lot of use of the wipers?

I use only normal water to clean and the wipers do a good job of cleaning the windscreen effectively in both my cars.

I suggest you get your wiper blades checked and leave the job to A.S.S if you cant adjust the windshield nozzle properly again , they will do it in no time.

Thread Starter #24
BTW how much dirt can be allowed on the windscreen so that wipe n wash can effectively clean it in 2 to 3 cycles?I have seen that with heavy dirt only soapy water can give a full clean but normal water still leave dirt marks.

I would say if its heavy dirt , first wash it with a soft cloth and then use your wipers , atleast dust off the dirt before you use the wipers.

Thread Starter #26
BTW there should be system in which the whole screen can be cleaned with the wipers and not leave any corner of it with dirt, as is there in the normal wiping system.

Hi Alok, I think you can use the windscreen solution from Maruti (MGP) it costs you 16 rs for an pouch, just put 1/4 of it with the water in the tank, then it goes.
Its good, I am also using this with my 800..

I agree...I took the delivery of my new swift dzire and could already see scratches on the windshield. I have reported this Maruti Customer Care and will be takingmy car to the dealer

Wagon R Wiper Spray not working - Need Help !!

Hi,

It seems like my car has ran out of it's Wiper Fluid. I have hardly used it 5-6 times till this date from delivery and its already finished. I checked the container under bonnet and there was no fluid.

I believe the same would have been filled completely before delivering the same to me or may be the capacity is so less? What should i do, Should I fill it up with water or really we need to have some sort of shampoo in it? Can it do it myself or get a service guy do it?

Please suggest.

Re: Wagon R Wiper Spray not working - Need Help !!

Fill it up with water again and tighten the fluid reservoir cap properly. Mark the water level with a pen and don't use the wiper spray for two days while you use the car. Check the water level after two days. If its substantially less than the mark put by you, then there is some leakage from.somewhere. Check for leakages from the reservoir and along the pipeline and then get back to the thread with the result. There is no need of adding shampoo, though there is no harm if you do so.

Your thread title is misleading. Please get is changed to "windshield washer reservoir running out of washing fluid despite less use".

Last edited:

Top Bottom