Windshield Wash Wipe Maintenance

Re: Wagon R Wiper Spray not working - Need Help !!

I believe the same would have been filled completely before delivering the same to me or may be the capacity is so less? What should i do, Should I fill it up with water or really we need to have some sort of shampoo in it? Can it do it myself or get a service guy do it?
Who knows? They might not have filled it completely. Fill it up this time with water/windshield washer fluid (whichever you prefer) and notice how long you are able to go with it. Dont worry, this is hardly an issue worth worrying.
And please, do this as DIY. Fluid refilling is not a big deal.

Re: Wagon R Wiper Spray not working - Need Help !!

Fill it up with water again and tighten the fluid reservoir cap properly. Mark the water level with a pen and don't use the wiper spray for two days while you use the car. Check the water level after two days. If its substantially less than the mark put by you, then there is some leakage from.somewhere. Check for leakages from the reservoir and along the pipeline and then get back to the thread with the result. There is no need of adding shampoo, though there is no harm if you do so.

Your thread title is misleading. Please get is changed to "windshield washer reservoir running out of washing fluid despite less use".
Thanks for correcting me for the thread name, I shall take care of it. On your suggestion I shall fill with water and test for leakage. However I believe in my case it might not be leakage but evaporation that would have resulted in loss as I parked by car in sun for 4-5 days continuously.

I shall fill it, check it and come to you and forum with results.

Who knows? They might not have filled it completely. Fill it up this time with water/windshield washer fluid (whichever you prefer) and notice how long you are able to go with it. Dont worry, this is hardly an issue worth worrying.
And please, do this as DIY. Fluid refilling is not a big deal.
Thanks Akash for your inputs. I shall surely follow the DIY regime suggested by you and shall convey the result with you and forum soon.

Thanks for guidance

Guys,
For windshield tanks use NO detergents. May use solutions from SONAX/3M/WaXPOl etc.
If not use shampoo with water to be mixed in a bottle & then filled to tank .
-- Do not use wipers on dry glass.
-- if cleaning of windshield required I would suggest clean by your hand for the first time & there after use the spray & wipers. (by use scratches may be avoided)
-- In rainy seasons maintain distance from HMV where you get sprayed by muddy stuff

Windshield doesn't necessarily need to be years old to develop scratches. Improper use of wipers often leads to such scratches. IMO get the wiper blades inspected during the next service.
Akash, What do you mean by improper use of wipers?

Guys,
For windshield tanks use NO detergents. May use solutions from SONAX/3M/WaXPOl etc.
If not use shampoo with water to be mixed in a bottle & then filled to tank .
-- Do not use wipers on dry glass.
-- if cleaning of windshield required I would suggest clean by your hand for the first time & there after use the spray & wipers. (by use scratches may be avoided)
-- In rainy seasons maintain distance from HMV where you get sprayed by muddy stuff
Regard with 2nd point , mostly when ever I find my windshield is dusty I simply use the wiper. I think from next time, I should try cleaning with duster (if possible) and then use wiper

Regard with 3rd point, yes it is true. May not be possible all the time, but should try.

Akash, What do you mean by improper use of wipers?

Regard with 2nd point , mostly when ever I find my windshield is dusty I simply use the wiper. I think from next time, I should try cleaning with duster (if possible) and then use wiper

Regard with 3rd point, yes it is true. May not be possible all the time, but should try.
This appear to be common thing done by many, to use wipers to clean the windshield, but on average I had found 3 problems: 1) repeated use especially in dry state damages wiper blades & wiper doesn't fully remove rain water, so require chage before every monsoon, 2) dirt or large dust particles move with blades & put scratches on windshield, 3) windshield not completely clean by wipers & many sticky stains still remains. Best is dry cloth (absolutely without any pressure), free water & the clean micro fibre cloth to clean & dry it. Many even use newspaper, which may damage windscreen when used dry.

Last edited:
I have never used the wipers to clean the dry windshield . i use the wipers only during rain.
When your vehicle parked in dusty conditions, you can see the dirt on windshield but you cant see there is lot of dust mostly sand below the blades. If we use wiper in that condition , wiper blades will rub those sand particles on windshield which will leave scratches on it. Best method as per my experience is cleaning the windshield with a dry cloth with wipers lifted up.
You can clean the whole windshield with your hand but wipers can clean limited area which will not look good.
4998971245_c0dae1d05d.jpg

IMG_20140820_093600.jpg

IMG_20140820_093537.jpg

Is there any cloth for cleaning windshield that absorbs water without leaving marks. I use 3M microfiber cloth but during night I see windshield is not crystal clear.

normal hair shampoo usually do the trick
take about a teaspoon of shampoo in a mug,dilute it by adding water upto half level,mix it well ,then pour this mixture into wash fluid reservoir.
make sure that the liquid does not foam up.

without soap solution the windshield will look greasy.

Top Bottom