Windscreen Wipers Making Screeching Noise

Thread Starter #1
Hello All Tai members..

My i10's wipers dont clean well in rains. when they move they leave a kind of fog layer on outside of screen and make kind of brrr. sound and also they leave marks which depict the blades skipping the screen while moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Windscreen wipers makiing noise

i personally felt this problem many times.
i think the sound will only be at drizzling due to insuffient rain water in the windshield
check your wiper blades.

Re: Windscreen wipers makiing noise

Hello All Tai members..

My i10's wipers dont clean well in rains. when they move they leave a kind of fog layer on outside of screen and make kind of brrr. sound and also they leave marks which depict the blades skipping the screen while moving.
alok
as rajvel said the sound may be due to insufficient water on wind shield
i had this prob in my 800 ( i know it is joke to compare wiper quality of 800 with your car ,no offence intended here as im owner of 800) but i changed them to new ones the sound is gone yes that same brrrr sound and it cleans good
for fog that is forming on windshield put the a/c(switch on the a/c) blower at full blast and change the direction of air to come out from windshield this way the fog can be reduced to maximum extent [glasses]

Looking at the above issues,I find just two reasons:

• Wiper blades need replacement.
  • Dry or partially dry windshield is being wiped.Also,dust on windshield can result in such observations.

This is due to oil, grease stains getting accumulated in your car front glass pane. If you observe your car glass from 1-3 feet from the bonnet you can also observe a rainbow in your glass.

Either you can add some genuine car glass cleaner liquid along with your wiper water for a long term solution. For immediate relief, apply some shampoo directly on the front glass and wash with water. Wipe with some newspaper.

This noise will either reduce or will not be there.

This is due to oil, grease stains getting accumulated in your car front glass pane. If you observe your car glass from 1-3 feet from the bonnet you can also observe a rainbow in your glass.

Either you can add some genuine car glass cleaner liquid along with your wiper water for a long term solution. For immediate relief, apply some shampoo directly on the front glass and wash with water. Wipe with some newspaper.

This noise will either reduce or will not be there.
Exactly the point mari.parthi.

Just clean the windshield with some soap solution and let it dry. then take 2 ciggs and take out the tobacco and using a soft cloth rub this tobacco on the windshield gently. This would cause beading of water and helps in heavy rains too.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #11
thanx everyone for the solutions

1. Its actually not fog layer on outside but some water only.. just like when we wipe the wet bathroom floor and if wiper not pushed hard on floor it stays bit wet only..

2.will the wipers get replaced under warranty?? cos my i10 z December 2010 model..

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Mate no. It won't be cover under warranty. You have to buy new wipers.

If you buy from service center it'll cost you 700 rupees excluding labor. I got rubber blades from karol bagh for 280 rupees. Same compny which hyundai installs.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Actually i don't have much knowledge on this. I think mine are normal rubber.

But i'd like to learn about this from someone else. Wait for others to reply.

Guys I replaced the wiper blades of my Indica few months ago,but in heavy rain they tend to shudder alot and make weird sound,what could be the reason? Since my wiper blades are new so I don't think they are worn out.

Also should I go for the Bosh Wipers?

Top Bottom