Windows 7 Troubling with New Hardware?

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Yes. I have kept it on hibernation mode overnight for a couple of times.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
Another issue I’m experiencing is that whenever I start up the laptop, it shows a pop up message “System needs to be restarted again”. What could be the problem?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thats the reason for Blue screen error, hibernation should be used less frequently.
I hardly use it, as booting Windows 7 is faster.
[surprise]
I remember I shut down my laptop more than a months back (when I left to Indonesia for business trip) and after that everyday I keep it only in Hibernation.

Should there be any issues because of hibernation?

[surprise]
I remember I shut down my laptop more than a months back (when I left to Indonesia for business trip) and after that everyday I keep it only in Hibernation.

Should there be any issues because of hibernation?
as long as you have enough ram/Disk swap space it should not be an issue.

but common sense says hibernation is only good when you attempt to save power(shutdown for a few minutes) like going for lunch, not at the desk etc. for longer duration of shutdown times, a proper shutdown is always recommended.

as long as you have enough ram/Disk swap space it should not be an issue.
Thanks dude.
BTW I understand hibernation will consume some hard disk space. Is it possible to recover the space (may be by deleting some backup files used for hibernation?) Beacuse I have 50GB partition for C drive, out of which nearly 50% was free once I made partition, but now only 6GB is left out. I have cleared all other temporary files. [confused]

Thanks dude.
BTW I understand hibernation will consume some hard disk space. Is it possible to recover the space (may be by deleting some backup files used for hibernation?) Beacuse I have 50GB partition for C drive, out of which nearly 50% was free once I made partition, but now only 6GB is left out. I have cleared all other temporary files. [confused]
all you got to do is do a disk cleanup from windows tools.

but keep in mind that disk cleanup will also remove the auto backups of system restore in windows.

all you got to do is do a disk cleanup from windows tools.

but keep in mind that disk cleanup will also remove the auto backups of system restore in windows.
Thanks dude.
Let me run disk cleanup and then create a restore point. I hope this should work. Will keep you updated.

On that note, I use Ccleaner Software. And it works like a charm.
Even I use CCleaner, but that removes only the temp files. [confused]

Thread Starter #25

350Z

Core Team
Another issue I’m experiencing is that whenever I start up the laptop, it shows a pop up message “System needs to be restarted again”. What could be the problem?
A screenshot of the error in question. I did restart the computer again but it didn't help.

Error.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

A screenshot of the error in question. I did restart the computer again but it didn't help.

seems something to do with the startup.

do post a screenshot of the startup items. do post it wide enough so the path of the startup files can be determined too.

Thread Starter #28

350Z

Core Team
On that note, I use Ccleaner Software. And it works like a charm.
As if one trouble wasn’t enough, I’m now experiencing a new issue. After running CCleaner (With Wipefree Space Checked) – My disk space has all of sudden reduced from around 8GB to 4.5 GB. Even after installing WinDirStat, I couldn’t figure out any suspicious files that might have caused it. I enabled the view of all the hidden and system files to calculate the total disk space consumed. To my surprise, according to it I should be having around 25GB disk space available. What’s the reason?

Drive Safe,
350Z

maybe too many backup files in the system. clear your system restore points.

also i see mssend as unknown program alongwith some path along documents folder

Last edited:
Vibhor, the CC cleaner may be the culprit here.

First uninstall that and use Auslogics Boost Speed.

That is what my Vaio has a tie up, and within a click, all the errors are solved.

Top Bottom