Windek Digital Tyre Inflator Review

Thread Starter #1
Windek Digital Tyre Inflator
This is a quick review of a my car's tyre inflator. The reason for this purchase is to check/inflate tyre pressures at home when they are cold. My fuel station is about 10 km away (HP COCO) which will heat up the air, resulting in overstated numbers. Besides, I refuel only a couple times a month, at odd early hours. So I wanted a cheap, portable unit that I can use more often and run at close-to-recommended pressure levels. This unit does its primary job pretty decent for more than half the cost of branded ones out there. Additional features include digital reading, auto shut off upon set psi, emergency flash lights with SoS option, to name a few.

• Model: RCP-AL1E (1902)
  • Price: ₹1525
  • Bought From: Amazon India (Seller: Autofurnish India)

What I Like:
  • Digital read out
  • Auto shut off feature
  • Emergency flash lights with SoS
  • Consistent measurements (not sure how accurate though)
  • Can inflate car/bike/bicycle tyres as well as inflatable toys

What I Dislike:
  • Terrible user interface, could have been a lot simpler
  • 12V connector is of poor quality
  • Loud, and vibrates when in use (expected on small compressors)
  • Cannot read psi without power supply

Packaging:
IMAG1051.jpg

IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

Made in China by Richtek:
IMAG1055.jpg

User Manual:
IMAG1057.jpg

IMAG1059.jpg

Complicated Steps:
IMAG1061.jpg

IMAG1063.jpg

The Inflator:
IMAG1064.jpg

Power cable neatly tucked in:
IMAG1066.jpg

Useful flashlight:
IMAG1068.jpg

Air pipe tucked in to the side:
IMAG1070.jpg

IMAG1071.jpg

About 2 feet long & has nylon coating:
IMAG1074.jpg

IMAG1076.jpg

IMAG1078.jpg

Charging plug feels very cheap:
IMAG1079.jpg

Test Run:

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Prabhakar for this review. So if our car has puncture this will help us to DIY inflate tyre after puncture repair and no need to stand in queues for filling in air.

But what about puncture repair kit. Which one to buy? this will give us independence from the overcharging puncture shops and using their service is dangerous as they themselves throw nails on the road. Also having a puncture repair kit + tyre inflator will make us able to repair puncture ourselves on highways.

Thread Starter #6
But what about puncture repair kit. Which one to buy? this will give us independence from the overcharging puncture shops and using their service is dangerous as they themselves throw nails on the road. Also having a puncture repair kit + tyre inflator will make us able to repair puncture ourselves on highways.
Sorry bro, I have no idea on punture repair kits. Let's wait for other members to answer this.

Thread Starter #11
contact the seller.
there's no company Service For these.
Thanks bhvm. I did send a note to seller earlier today.

Update from seller (AutoFurnish): [lol]
​------------- Begin message -------------
Hi,
Order ID:
We would like to inform you that your order is in amazon fulfilment method. In this regards request you to please contact to amazon customer care. They will assist to you properly.
Thanks.
------------- End message -------------

Last edited:
Hello Prabhagar,

Same thing had happened to my Emporis Tyre Inflator last month. I connected the plug to power socket and after turning ON, the accessories fuse blow in the fuse box.

My car has low-profile fuses and there are no spare fuses in fuse box. Searched in local shops but none had such small fuses. Later I found them in Partsbigboss website and bought the same, along with different amps for spare.

Meanwhile I checked the cause and found that positive wire in the plug of tyre inflator was broken and shorted to negative pin.
IMG_20170410_110827.jpg
IMG_20170410_110746.jpg

The quality of plug is bad and positive/negative are very close so I didn't repair it, instead bought new plugs with fuse builtin from ebay.com. Link
IMG_20170410_110931.jpg
IMG_20170410_110308.jpg

However, the problem didn't solved. I replaced the old plug to new one and after I turned ON the inflator, it didn't had enough power and slight smoke started coming out of the new plug. Damn!

Suddenly I turned off everything and checked the plug. The spring which holds fuse in the plug got melted as well as its surrounding plastic. The spring is weaker then fuse and it couldn't withstand power draw of inflator so it became hot.
IMG_20170410_110046.jpg
IMG_20170410_110134.jpg

So I replaced the spring with metal block and screw (Actually I got these from 3 pin AC plug) and then the inflator started to work perfectly fine. [:)]
IMG_20170410_110515.jpg

Here is the picture of Emporis Tyre Inflator which I using since 3 years.
IMG_20170410_105305.jpg

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Excellent Jugaad buddy!
Total thumbs up. Guide will be useful to many.

The issue here is that P's Electronics are working well (Display, lights). if the short would be in Plug, it think even Electronics would not work. Still it would be wise to check the plug. There could be loose contact which is giving in when higher power (Motor) is demanded.

Thread Starter #14
@CRACING,
You are a creative man [clap]. Thanks for sharing your workaround to the issue. I too unscrewed the connector right after the first fuse blew up and found the exact same design of yours. As bhvm pointed out, my device shows the PSI value and all buttons including flashlight works fine. Just that when the compressor is turned ON to pump air, it gives up. Soldering on the port is very good though, no loose contact or anything.

Update from my Seller:
Asked for my phone number.

Update from another seller who sells this product:
For claiming 1 year warranty if in case required you need to claim directly from Windek on the number- 011-45149553 - Mr. Gaurav

Update from Amazon Customer Service:
Hello,
I'm sorry to hear your "Windek RCP_AL1E_1902 Digital Tyre Inflator " isn't performing as expected.
In my experience, the quickest way to have this issue resolved is to contact the manufacturer directly to claim the warranty of one year.
As I am unable to find the manufacturer details on our site, I request you to contact the seller "Autofurnish India" to confirm the manufacturer details.
You can contact the seller directly by visiting the below link:
If you've contacted the manufacturer and they can't help, please send us a summary of that correspondence and we'll work on another solution.
Be assured that we are always here to try our best to improve our service in as many ways as possible.
In case you need any assistance, or if you have any query, please feel free to contact us again anytime.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Please use the survey below to tell us about your experience today.

Last edited:
@CRACING,
You are a creative man [clap]. Thanks for sharing your workaround to the issue. I too unscrewed the connector right after the first fuse blew up and found the exact same design of yours. As bhvm pointed out, my device shows the PSI value and all buttons including flashlight works fine. Just that when the compressor is turned ON to pump air, it gives up. Soldering on the port is very good though, no loose contact or anything.
Oh I see, then the fault is within the device. Mine is analog inflator so the motor is directly connected to power with a switch. Digital inflator has PCB to control motor and some more components like digital air pressure gauge. It is somewhat complex.

Anyone who knows electronics can fix the device but manufacturers know the device better and also they will have replacement parts.

Dongguan Richtek Electronics Co.,Ltd is the manufacturer of Windek Tyre Inflator. May be you have to get details of importer to claim warranty and incase you don't find, send a message to manufacturer and I hope they will help you. [:)]

Top Bottom