Willys Jeep Mission

Hi Folks,
May be it looks like a neat jeep, however, only the engine and the gearbox seems to be working fine, inside the body lot of rust are there and need more restoring factors as you said greasing, changing engine oil, gear box oil, oil filters, canvas top etc.

Once, the negotiation is over, planning to take it to a workshop and do the restoration work.

Folks, need your valuable suggestions and advice.
Thanks,
Ram
Ram, I have only two words to say to you - "STAY AWAY".

Thread Starter #17
Hi Folks,
As i said earlier, the Negotiation is done and now the Jeep is mine.
At present it is in a workshop, mechanics are fully involved in removing the rust and denting work is in full swing.
Will post the pics soon.
Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Want to buy Willys / Jeep 4x4

I am thinking of buying an old Willys Jeep (4x4). Its for passion and a bit of off roading, certainly no long drives. Never owned a Jeep as such, though I do have a Safari 3.0.

Any pointers on cost of maintenance for Willys? Also, if I may consider any alternatives to Willys, I certainly want to go for a Jeep only - 4x4. My budget is certainly not on a very higher side, max 1.5L and I am in no hurry.

Any references or links would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Maruti Gypsy is another option that I am considering. Can somebody please suggest which one would be a better choice - Gypsy (Petrol) or Willys? No hardcore off-roading, just once in a while. Also, what's the maintenance cost for both these vehicles? Thanks.

i must tell you one thing buddy you have a Tank with you then why go for jeeps and gypsy's. willys 4x4 will never come in a budget of 1.5L i think better option would be to go for Gypsy and customise it according to your taste.

Thread Starter #23
Dear Folks,

If any of you having mindset to go for Willys then certainly go for it. Gypsy's make lot of difference in look and feel wise when compared to Willys.
Guys, I couldn't take more pics of my Willys Jeep during the Work in Progress.
Anyways, let me share few.
29092008224.jpg
29092008229.jpg

Dear Folks,
Canvas Top alteration also in progress. Also, planning to give it for tinkering and repainting work. All this work iam doing it leisurely.
Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Finally Ram, you have managed to come up with some pics, most of us here were waiting for the pics. as you are doing it leisurely i think you can come up with a few more pics for us get a closer look. it looks classic though[;)]

Thread Starter #27
Dear Folks,
Adding few pictures of my Willys Jeep during a rainy day. Also, request you guys to identify the changes/alterations done to my Jeep.
Dear Folks,

Please let me know if i can modify the tyres with Big Radial tyres or let me restore with the same old army style?

Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Thread Starter #29
Dear Folks,
Mechanics who worked in the restoration of my Jeep are insisting me to maintain the
Jeep with originality and they hesitate to alter it from Army Style.
I have fixed the few of the Army accessories newly (Ofcourse, few were already fixed while purchasing) like
1. Crow bar in the front bumper --already it has..
2. Towing Rings --already it has..
3. Pulling Hooks --- searched and fixed it
4. Pick-Axe Set --already it has..
5. Black Out Lamp -- removed Black out frame and searching for the Black out set
6. Gun Rack -- Searching for a good one
7. Jerry Can -- Searched and fixed it
8. Altering the current windsheild as Splitwindsheild -- thinking of it..
9. Front Grille with Willys embossing --Searched, Bought it and fixed it

Happy Jeeping,
Ram

RamJ in case you are palnning to take it offroad get a winch that would be a good and useful buy. also change the Tyre to broader one's if you plan off roading. if its goin to be highway ride or soft roading then let it stay original its looking cool.

Top Bottom