Will You Buy a FIAT if the Mentioned Things are Changed?

Will you buy a FIAT if the mentioned things are changed?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
I am an avid fan of Fiat but because of their not-so-great image in India could not push my parents to support me to buy a Palio. Now the company has brought out great cars in hatchback and sedan but still seems to be lagging way behind.

The question I am putting in front of you is, whether you will buy a FIAT car if the following things are changed?
A. After sales and service experience
B. Quality of plastics for interiors
C. Buying experience

If not, please leave your reasons for the same.

@Surfer:
You need to drive the T-JET.

Well in my views,what Fiat must offer first is the true engines for their cars.I have drove Punto,Linea and T-Jet many times and what I find is that only the T-Jet deserves the respect and people don't give it to her too.
the ride and handling of the Fiat cars is still far-far better than the competition(forget Ford Fiesta S)no Polo no Swift or Fabia is near the Punto in handling but heck..the engine of the car eclipses everything.

So for me,Fiat needs three steps and I'll buy them:
1):More powerful engines.
2):Independent dealerships and a good service network too.
3):Some more cars to suit our needs and must now get rid of TATA too.
Being true,its none else than Tata which is eating up Fiat cars and their sales.

Thread Starter #4
@Surfer:
You need to drive the T-JET.

Well in my views,what Fiat must offer first is the true engines for their cars.I have drove Punto,Linea and T-Jet many times and what I find is that only the T-Jet deserves the respect and people don't give it to her too.
the ride and handling of the Fiat cars is still far-far better than the competition(forget Ford Fiesta S)no Polo no Swift or Fabia is near the Punto in handling but heck..the engine of the car eclipses everything.

So for me,Fiat needs three steps and I'll buy them:
1):More powerful engines.
2):Independent dealerships and a good service network too.
3):Some more cars to suit our needs and must now get rid of TATA too.
Being true,its none else than Tata which is eating up Fiat cars and their sales.
Bang on!! T-Jet is the best engine available. Get that for hatch too and get some more models. Even their diesel is not an average performer. 1.3MJD 90HP is a great car to own!

Yes, the only thing i want the FIAT people to do right now is; setup independent dealership. I personally know a lot of people(including the dealership staff) who feel that the primary reason for poor sales of their cars is Tata.

I think the gear box in Fiat cars are not upto the mark.What's the use of those 90 horses in the punto if it lacks a good and slick gearbox.No offense to fiat fans.[:D]Just telling the truth.

Thread Starter #8
I think the gear box in Fiat cars are not upto the mark.What's the use of those 90 horses in the punto if it lacks a good and slick gearbox.No offense to fiat fans.[:D]Just telling the truth.
Eagerly waiting for Jayadev and RSM to reply on that!

Yeah I also agree with akash.The main problem with the fiat is the absence of independent dealership and poor after sales service.

For me forget the sales part.
How many of us get considerably get the feeling that because of sales man / girl‘s influential authority I purchased the car?

Many of the times we visit the sales offices with prejudice mind and complete the formalities.

I got a compliment from Sales person of FIAT that "Sir Fiat Buyers are more knowledgeable than us’’
Fiat just needs to be perfect enough in after sales services and spare part management.
So that owners will not feel that they are from Mars.
I strongly feel that they should come up with more cars in India.
Many of the time people talks that only Punto n Line huh just two cars (considering Palio is phased out)
No SUV no entry level car makes huge lot of difference.
Fiat should target the common mass with the help of lavish showrooms along with independent establishment of after sales service.

People have a feeling that Fiat cars will be discontinued at any time. This attitude should be changed first. For this FIAT need independent sales and service centers.

For me forget the sales part.
How many of us get considerably get the feeling that because of sales man / girl‘s influential authority I purchased the car?

Many of the times we visit the sales offices with prejudice mind and complete the formalities.

I got a compliment from Sales person of FIAT that "Sir Fiat Buyers are more knowledgeable than us’’
Fiat just needs to be perfect enough in after sales services and spare part management.
So that owners will not feel that they are from Mars.
I strongly feel that they should come up with more cars in India.
Many of the time people talks that only Punto n Line huh just two cars (considering Palio is phased out)
No SUV no entry level car makes huge lot of difference.
Fiat should target the common mass with the help of lavish showrooms along with independent establishment of after sales service.
That is the best tac tik sales people use when they know either the person is not going to buy their car or just passing his time and in turn wasting his. Because moment he surrenders, people think they have great knowledge about the subject. Sales person can actually judge the person by his question and interest. (completely personal opinion).

As far as Fiat is concerned, I like there cars and would definitely like to own one but after paying 6 or 7 lakhs. What would I be getting ?

a) Interiors are in bad shape or do not justify paying such a huge about of money.
b) After sales support, hmmm I cannot comment much as I have not experienced it but people says it is bad. So word of mouth wins here.
c) No efforts being made my the company as such to sell their cars, literally no efforts. (Again personal opinion)
d) Low ground clearance and higher wheelbase of Punto makes it touch on almost every hump in the city.

So according to me they have to literally stretch their socks and start thinking about it.

Ofcourse, tie up with TATA should be a "TATA" (bye bye) [lol]

Last edited:
+1 on that.

I myself had to hear the blaring of horns and the curses of motorists behind when some time back my friend's Palio Stile's gear got stuck in third at a Traffic light while I was at the wheel. It was peak hour and I had told my friend that the gear is feeling tight to slot into. When I slowed down and came to a halt I knew we were in for trouble.

People behind thought I did not know to drive and cursed like hell. At last my friend walked out and pushed it to the side. The car was just after first service with some 1300 on the odo. I pumped the clutch a 100 times and revved up a bit and after some time we were again able to shift gears.

Fiat has hell lot of issues with reliability here in India. Moreover you have to wait for ever to get parts. Two lawyers at our court, (One's got a Palio Stile and the other one's got a Linea.) had to wait for 42 and 65 days respectively to get their cars from the dealership after it getting held at service for want of parts. The slight relief was that they paid 500 a day to the Palio owner and 750 to the Linea owner for every day off the road at the workshop.

Last edited:

Top Bottom