Will You Buy a FIAT if the Mentioned Things are Changed?

Will you buy a FIAT if the mentioned things are changed?

• Total voters
I would suggest the following

1) reduce prices by 50k in comparison to each of the models they are competing with
2) Make engines more powerful
3)Independent service network
4) Give something to buyers which makes it standout from others
1)- There is no need. They anyway have deep discounts to sell their cars
2) 1.4 Ltr TJet is powerful enough for both Linea and Punto (if installed in Evo) MJD is good enough, but 1.6MJD wouldnt hurt
3) Their service network is already independent
4) Thats the only thing going for Fiat right now. You scan the hordes of Marutis, Hyundais, VWs and then come up occasionally with beauties likethe Fiat Punto/Linea. So yeah , they really stand out !![:D]

The ideal C2 segment car- Linea body/chassis, VW diesel engine, Hyundai features and Honda snob appeal (in India). [;)].
And price of what? Corolla?
BTW, steering feel and chassis of a Ford would have been even better with suspension of Fiat.

But no, I'd still go for the Linea amidst all of this. That thud of the door just makes it feel in a different league..Others feel like tin cans. Honda City, even more so. Even my DZire felt sturdier.
I'd any day go for linea for the way it looks. It simply steals my heart whenever it passes in front of my eyes.

I would suggest the following

1) reduce prices by 50k in comparison to each of the models they are competing with
No need, being premium is much better if their cars(and their service network) can justify the price tag.

2) Make engines more powerful
Bigger too, power on paper must translate equally good on roads too. Nothing needed like Verna which seems to be a rocket on paper but isn't actually as quick.

3)Independent service network
+100, and it needs to be strong too. Also the product portfolio needs to be increased. Success of Ecosport has proved that Indian buyer is no more blind-behind-brands, a good product will definitely sell - if buyer knows of it.

4) Give something to buyers which makes it standout from others
Better marketing is equally needed.

What a fantastic topic to discuss !

I am very late to see this thread.

@TSIVipul: The points said by you are spot on. Absolutely right.

My points are below:
1. The most important: Availability of spare parts !! I don't think any MS / Hyundai owners have to source the parts from online due to the non availability of parts at Service centre. The parts should be made available at dealerships when in demand and the SA s should have good knowledge about technical stuffs.
2. For Linea - Fiat should introduce 1.6 MJD in Linea. For petrol variant TJet & upcoming 125 will do the job.
3. For Punto - As per the current rivals in the market 1.3 MJD is fine enough. But get a good, slick gearbox like in Swift/i20. This will surely rule out the infamous sluggishness. For petrol, 1.4 should be made standard across all variants and T-Jet as Sports variant.
4. For Avventura - Now it looks almost identical to Punto Evo, this should be changed. Tjet in Petrol and 1.6 MJD in diesel are must
5. Another welcome addition is make 90hp engine as standard across all diesel variants of Punto (without increasing the price) and get 1.6 MJD as Sports variant. If possible reduce the turning radius around 4.5 meters.
6. Long way to go when it comes to marketing and advertising.

Last edited:

Top Bottom