Will You Buy a FIAT if the Mentioned Things are Changed?

Will you buy a FIAT if the mentioned things are changed?

• Total voters
Also the parts are costlier,I think.
Good to hear that Fiat has paid the owners the money for each day in workshop.[:D]

I am not sure they will chage much! FIAT is not new to Automotive industry in making cars like our own TATA's.

I believe TATA can improvise a lot, so does FIAT. Both have large scope for improvement, however I belive the former appears to be willing and later not so.

I think the gear box in Fiat cars are not upto the mark.What's the use of those 90 horses in the punto if it lacks a good and slick gearbox.No offense to fiat fans.[:D]Just telling the truth.
Being an owner of punto since 8 months what ever I say would feel like exaggeration.

1.90 horses in punto90hp came like compliment from VGT turbo. It shines and shows it prowess after 120kmph. well controlled power and economical.
2. punto is literally like swift (or any 1.3ltre mjd hatchback) loaded with 4 guys. It is heavier by 200kg or so yet it provides 21+kmpl mileage .
3.Unlike other hatcbacks like vista swift and ritz, punto is tough, real tough means;safer on road as well as by built . your car wont be torn apart in case of a serious accident.(i feel so)
3.Drive ability and gear felt pain in ass and weird in beginning but by and by post 5000km they felt well tuned and bliss to drive with great low end torque of 207nm in slow traffic of india .now i will say it is blissful, gears are soft to shift,clutch is very soft press.
Yes you can move the car in 5th gear also from stand still.most of the time you just need brakes and clutch in city or similar conditions.

4.Looks maybe subjective i love the odometer,steering, and cockpit like feel of punto
better than any other car i drove so far. though there are bit of messed up ergonomics and room for lot of improvements.

5. Interiors doesnt looks as plush,subtle and luxurious like hyundai i20 or Honda jass .But so far they did not make a single sound or squeak.

6.I dont need to mention the quality or ride and handling, every time i take a turn it or pass over pot hole,it brings smile on my face such is the technological touch in it.

7.I met with an accident 200km in village area(mentioned in ownership reviews) ,i suffered little bit of inconvenience due to distance eg towing etc. but reaching service centre and seeing confidence of service personnel gave my breath back . and my car was delivered in said time perfectly in good condition,its been 3000km since then no issues. I havent even attended the 1 month free checkup camp because i dont see any need at present.

i bought it just because overall test drive experience was great ,honest genuine from heart not through hearsay and so far ownership experience have been just great.It is not a sports car or luxury sedan.but a mini car . Whatever it is it does ,it does well.

OT,
Ofcourse, tie up with TATA should be a "TATA" (bye bye)
I am sorry. but i have lot of soft corner for Tata just because it is homegrown.

I am sorry. but i have lot of soft corner for Tata just because it is homegrown.
I am sure you do my friend and no need to be sorry. It is your view point and I respect that but I am being realistic in my opinion and still holds my ground by saying that if Fiat has to do business in India in numbers then they have to part away with Tata.

I am not against Tata as a company [thumbsup]

I will definitely buy a Fiat if they had better performing cars forgetting the poor A.S.S and dull interiors which everybody is complaining! When i TD the Punto i loved the car very much but for its lethargic performance and pick-up. I have seen the worst with TATA and so i am ready to risk it with Fiat!

i loved the car very much but for its lethargic performance and pick-up.
Slower pickup is justified technically ,which means good low end torque, increasing life of engine and gearbox at slow speed.
it may not be of everybody's taste ,that's all in it.
I have realized that fiat did not do it accidentally.
Where everybody struggles or engine shut off , punto passes easily especially on railway crossings humps, steep sloppy entering,badly damaged roads these are places i have always seen most of cars dieing off .
It is very easy to drive with free revving, torque y engine with an immediate feel on steering wheel you know your car is suffering the pain on road..-it definitely creates a strange bond between you and your ride.

coming to performance, 0-100 is 13.6 kmph i have got with two passengers ,that is just more than enough for regular life is'nt it?

if that is not enough Linea t-jet is the answer. Imagine that car with performance mod..phew!!!

Last edited:
No T-Jet for me , i am a strict diesel head! And maybe yes i am used to driving a much more powerful engine and that is why i feel Punto is slightly under-powered.

I am neither worried of Fiat's reliability , poor A.S.S or spares availability. Just that Punto din't impress me with its performance during the TD. And of course Interiors were also not to my taste , could have been better.

The question I am putting in front of you is, whether you will buy a FIAT car if the following things are changed?
A. After sales and service experience
B. Quality of plastics for interiors
C. Buying experience
A. It's not that bad. I have had a very bad experience with Maruti, so Fiat is better for me.
B. Again any day better than Maruti. However they can bring it up to the level of VW.
C. Here is where they need to improve. However they were better than Skoda (The last time I went to Skoda for a TD, I was not impressed)

I will definitely buy if they put the price correctly.IMO their cars are overpriced
The cars are competitevely priced. After buying a Fiat all you spend on is the fuel and routine servicing. Overall the cost is not much.

I think the gear box in Fiat cars are not upto the mark.What's the use of those 90 horses in the punto if it lacks a good and slick gearbox.No offense to fiat fans.[:D]Just telling the truth.
I have used Fiats (Uno & Siena 1997-2001) and found the gearbox perfect. Both the cars were a sheer pleasure to drive. For me the only thing that can replace the feel is "Sheer Driving Pleasure" (BMW for those who didn't know it).

To end I would just say one thing; "Look at my Signature"!!!!

The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!
I am not a fan of fiat or any other brand ,being a Pisces i am more of an introvert .But after owning Punto i feel great respect towards Fiat and there deeds in auto industry which assures me they are not bunch of idiots making some cars .

Definitely not amazed to see why some people have so much faith in Fiat.

OT
BTW, Two of my close friends asked me which car to go for. I suggested them to book new swift.
In india at present M Suzuki car make sense practically just due to popularity.

Last edited:
Peter,I was just comparing the gearbox of Palio/Punto with the cars of same class.Lets take the swift as an example.You can feel the difference if you drive that.
Fiat is loved by many automotive enthusiasts,I know and it has advanced technologies with them.

Cheers[cheers]

I was almost sold to Punto for its looks, ride & handling, steering, feature & engine performance.

But did not buy one because:

A. Lack of interest shown by TML dealers.
B. Report of niggles (mainly plastic & electrical issue).
C. Efficiency (or lack of it) of petrol engine.

Your given options:
1. After sale service: would not have been a big issue for me if A & B were satisfactory.
2. Quality of plastic: I think it is similar to B.
3. Buying experience: Same as A.

So out of your 3 options, 2 were spot on for me. And yes if these issues were taken care, than I would have gleefully overlook C (less efficiency).

Hence I voted for option 1.

Hi,

This is an interesting topic. I fell in love with Punto the moment I saw one in my office. I test rode it immediately. All the reviews about its ride and handling qualities are true. It was simply terrific. However bad interior ergonomics, cheap plastic, long turning radius and above all, lack of rear seat space forced me to look for an alternative. If only they had increased the rear seat space by reducing the boot space... For me this was the sole deal breaker.

Thread Starter #28
IMHO Fiat cars do not lack the other competitors in any technology. In some cases they have additional features which are not found in Indian hatch market like Blue & Me, Widest set of tyres in E+, under body engine cover, having an option of better performing engine in diesel (90HP)
It would be illogical to say the least that these cars don't find buyers because of technological issues like gearbox or driveability. The reason is more psychological I believe.

I would take example of my wife, she dislikes Fiat for reasons not technical, like she hates the image of Fiat Padmini as soon she hears the brand.

Fiat needs to move on its own and get away from Tata, that would be one way to approach and get more models and be aggressive in advertising!

T-Jet, T-Jet, T-Jetttttttttttt [drive]
If I had the money, this one baby is definitely coming home. Till then I satisfy my urges of flying...oops...driving a jet in my friends ride.

Believe me, FIAT has an absolute killer car in their stable in form of T-Jet, all they need is to improve the A$$ and availability of spares.

T-Jet is the best engine available. Get that for hatch too
This is surely gonna make entusiasts sell their houses to own this hottest hatch of the country. huhhhh dreaming of days when we can have a 150HP hatch in India.

freakdude.

Last edited:

Top Bottom