Will Speed Cameras Help To Reduce Road Accidents?

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
As we all know that the Indian government has recently revised the speeds of cars and bikes to 100km/h and 80 km/h, do you all believe that speed interceptors in our cities can now control and reduce accidents happening due to over speeding?

Opinions are welcome!

Regards

Well, till the laws that are brought in not enforced properly, nothing can change the traffic situation in India. If they take some concrete action against the morons who break the laws on roads, definitely things will start changing and people will stick to the speed limits thereby leading to reduced accidents.

Well, till the laws that are brought in not enforced properly, nothing can change the traffic situation in India. If they take some concrete action against the morons who break the laws on roads, definitely things will start changing and people will stick to the speed limits thereby leading to reduced accidents.
Laws are there, but they are not enforced & they are individual specific. If such cases are taken to court, indian courts have never recover the revenue for the government, so INDIA IS A REAL INDEPENDENT COUNTRY. (Mod, please delete this post if it is bold). If concrete action is promised, people are sure to abide the law.

Until strict enforcing of law is done nothing can change our Indian traffic condition.

From last couple of years yellow board cabbies are displaying some number behind them saying "If driven rashly please contact on xxxxxxx", did anyone of you tried calling these numbers? If yes, then was it useful?

Long way back i called one number like way and to my surpise the number was with the driver itself and he replied "i am not driving rash, it is you who is driving very slow and as a result it appears the world itself is rash" [confused]

Thread Starter #6

Akash1886

Honoured Member
From last couple of years yellow board cabbies are displaying some number behind them saying "If driven rashly please contact on xxxxxxx", did anyone of you tried calling these numbers? If yes, then was it useful?
Over here in NCR, not just the cabbies but even school buses and vans are provided with a number on which fellow motorists can tell the authority that the vehicle is driven rashly. I tried up calling my nephew's school over the same in Noida. In return I was asked to message the bus number to the principal's cellphone for immediate action. This happened in February last year.

Regards

350Z

Core Team
Laws are there, but they are not enforced & they are individual specific. If such cases are taken to court, indian courts have never recover the revenue for the government, so INDIA IS A REAL INDEPENDENT COUNTRY. (Mod, please delete this post if it is bold). If concrete action is promised, people are sure to abide the law.
Apart from rule enforcement, the major issue is people itself. I'm amused to see when even educated men act like uneducated on Indian roads. They wear helmets / buckle up only if they've threat of a fine. Why do they fail to realize that it’s for the sake of their own damn life and cops get no personal benefit out of it whatsoever? It’s even more interesting that the same set of people who refuse to follow the rules here religiously follow them elsewhere in more developed countries.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Apart from rule enforcement, the major issue is people itself. It’s even more interesting that the same set of people who refuse to follow the rules here religiously follow them elsewhere in more developed countries.
Vibhor, the change in our people's attitude towards following the traffic rules in other countries is evident simply because over there the high handedness and high connections don't have any relevance. Secondly, the cop's body language in foreign countries is way more different than here so a mere Rs. 100 note wont let them go free.

Lastly, they have the fear of being insulted about their mistake in foreign land. Hence, they follow the rules more carefully.

Regards.

Apart from rule enforcement, the major issue is people itself. I'm amused to see when even educated men act like uneducated on Indian roads. They wear helmets / buckle up only if they've threat of a fine. Why do they fail to realize that it’s for the sake of their own damn life and cops get no personal benefit out of it whatsoever? It’s even more interesting that the same set of people who refuse to follow the rules here religiously follow them elsewhere in more developed countries.
In developed countries, to obey rules means you are decent civilized people, hence you like to obey rules to appear decent & civilized.

In India, not obey rules means you are special / influential / powerful persons than others. Persons with strong politicians or bureaucrats connections never obey rules. hence to show you are powerful & have big shot connections, you disobey rules, argue with traffic constables, try to bribe them & show you are rich or pressurize them by calling politicians or top brass connections & feel you are above law, special persons. So some might obey rules in foreign countries, will not obey in India just to feel above law.

Last edited:
Instead of speeding cameras. I would say, If the government is good enough to fix all the traffic lights and make sure it works without any flaws from morning 6AM to Night 11pm. There will be a huge difference in statistics of accidents in India.

Why ? Because, I have seen myself many accidents in Chennai because of non-working signals.
Just IMO. Not sure about rest of the India.

The Government should maintain the traffic lights. Have counters that counts from 10 to 0 before it goes to RED. Cause most people rush when they notice YELLOW or even when its GREEN.

Top Bottom