Will Hyundai Recall i10 and i20's for Classic "STEERING RATTLE"

Thread Starter #1
I mentioned somewhere the issue with AC problem in i20.
Now Hyundai accepted it, and good thing is they fixing it.

Hyundai India has finally come up with solutions for airconditioning and rattling problems in the i20. Since quite a time i20 owners have been complaining about lack of cooling, which can be a terrible thing in the extremely hot summers of the north. Occurrence of rattles from many cars was also reported.

In order to resolve these issues Hyundai India is now offering the affected customers with ECM reprogramme to enhance the AC performance. For the rattles an addition of urethane pad & yoke spring has been suggested.

These changes will be offered free of cost to the customers. The rattle issues will be addressed only for those affected and the AC solution is applicable only for certain batches and any clear information about these batches is yet to surface.

While Hyundai is calling up the eligible customers other i20 owners can call up their dealership and confirm about their eligibility by giving out the registration number. Dealers from New Delhi confirmed the move by Hyundai India.
Hyundai offers solution to i20's AC and rattle problems-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Thread Starter #3
Come-on, that every does.
If the issue is becoming too common they have to give solution.

Last edited:
Yes they have suggested a solution right RSM? Its being done free of cost as usual.

Glad to know that these issues has been resolved , as my friend buying an i20 need not have any worries now.

Will Hyundai recall i10 and i20's for their classic "STEERING RATTLE"

Seeing Honda's news to recall the faulty city's in India, will Hyundai follow Honda's steps to recall "lacs" of their faulty i10 and i20's

Can we do something about it so that Hyundai doesn't take its customers for a ride. One friend of mine from Verawal has gone to consumer court. We all are awaiting the result of same.

At the same time Hyundai's zonal offices do not take this complaint and gives all types of rubbish answers except solving the problem. Funniest part is Hyundai is launching models after models, investing so much in advertisements but till now they have no solution to basic design flaw.

Need your views on this. Also no auto magazine in India has taken this issue with Hyundai. All have kept mum on this issue.

Re: Will Hyundai recall i10 and i20's for their classic "STEERING RATTLE"

I still have not experienced the steering rattle issue in my friend's i20!

And i don think Hyundai will do any re-call!

Re: International Recalls: Toyota, Honda, BMW...

Dhaya and all. Have a look at this

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...U0N1TFhTOVVrR2N6aDRxMGNhZVE&hl=en&output=html
The above list includes i10 and i20's list of steering rattle. This list is increasing day by day. however no response from Hyundai. Looks like consumer court is the only language Hyundai understands.

Somehow I think this thread should be in Indian Car scene and not under international recalls. Mods do take the final call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I20 Rattling and A/C issues have been resolved yet?

All,

I am a new joinee in this forum and this is my first post. I am planning to go for a diesel hatchback. I was completely impressed with i20 CRDI. But after reading lot of reviews in the net I got dissapointed because of the steering rattling and A/C issue reported my i20 owner. I would like to know whether the issues have been resolved by hyundai and I can go ahead with I20.

Re: I20 Rattling and A/C issues have been resolved yet?

I cannot comment on this since theres no concrete evidence of the new batch of i10s and i20s having the rattles. One of my friend who purchased the i20 a few months back has not faced any issue till date. Addtionally our member Alok too has not mentioned about any such rattle in his new i10.

I also cannot comment about this. My friend who bought an i20 almost a year back started facing the steering rattle issue , and after complaining they changed some pad in the steering and till now the sound has not appeared again. And AC yes i20's AC cooling is below par and not upto the mark compared to its competitors!

Most of the people say that the AC problem has been resolved in the current version although no concrete evidence as others have mentioned.

350Z

Core Team

Hello Jitzm, Welcome to The Automotive India. As far as I know, Hyundai has well-accepted their fault and offering the solution for effected cars by replacing ECU for Air-conditioner. So I guess that should not be an issue in newer models of i20. However, the steering rattle thing still needs to be confirmed with other Hyundai owners because one of our members still has been going through this problem. You can read more about it here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...undai-i10-auto-asta-one-year-ownership-5.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Will Hyundai recall i10 and i20's for their classic "STEERING RATTLE"

I just came across a cabby today morning who is very irritated with the steering rattle in his i20 CRDi. Since the car has to commute on not so roads of the company, the issue crops up within a week after the servicing of the vehicle.

Top Bottom