Why Xylo Was Outsold By the Innova?

Both are different segment as others said.

I would say innova is tough built when compared to Xylo.
Plastic quality is also not that good in xylo.
Overall ergonomics is better in innova.

Thread Starter #18
@Friends:
Let me intrude in between and speak some words:
Firstly,the matter of Innova being mostly used by travel agencies,Now a days Xylo is in more demand as compared to Innova and feels more luxurious too if you are not driving.
It is due to low price and good space of Xylo,it is beating the Innova in taxi business.Those are personal buyers now a days who are making Innovas sell in a good number.

Secondly,I am also an Innova owner,mine is a V variant which was bought in August 2006(9th it was,of-course my B'day).As of 26th july(Because it was the last day I drove her,after that I met accident)the car(Note:I said car) had done 71k kms and it was the very careful maintainance which has still kept the car running as strong as it was brand new.You know guys,even Toyota dealer here also offered me 7.8 lacs for my high mileage Innova.
So three 'R's are also favoring Innova,those are :RELIABILITY,RUNNING COSTS(mileage+maintainance) AND RESALE VALUE.

Lastly:THE BRAND MATTERS A LOT,AND WHEN THE CAR HAS THE MAGICAL 'T' BADGE,THEN IT CAN REALLY OVERTURN THE MARKET.

THE BRAND MATTERS A LOT,AND WHEN THE CAR HAS THE MAGICAL 'T' BADGE,THEN IT CAN REALLY OVERTURN THE MARKET.
I do not believe Indians are so much concerned about magical T.

what matters is
-RELIABILITY,RUNNING COSTS(mileage+maintainance) AND RESALE VALUE.

Moment you speak about crdi engine in Mahindra people will have frown eyebrows.Where as in Toyota people don't even know what is its engine called because generally it had been trouble free .

Thread Starter #20
Off Topic:-
@Jayadev:
Now your posts are looking good and feeling good to read,just have a look at them,even you will find them better now.Its great to see that you are quick at following the rules.
And yes,never consider yourself weak in any field,if you are lagging,then ask others to help..it sounds better and you image too remains intact.

About the magical 'T' badge i'd say that this is the Toyota badge and examples like Etios and Liva which are getting booked even before people consult anyone or test drive them itself says the power of this badge in India.
You have caught the right point,even when I say that I own a D-4D Innova,people think that its a petrol one...[anger]

Nice comparo review buddy. I agree to the fact that Xylo does possess most of the qualities which the Innova has, but to me Innova feels better to drive. Further more, the interior quality of Innova is a lot better than Xylo.
However, inspite of wierd look, not so great interior quality, it does have the advantage of good handling, lower price and ruggedness of a Mahindra which has helped it sell in good numbers.

one brand new xylo i have seen personally had dash board and door panels made of recycled plastics from the broken toys of kumbh mela.
where as toyota innova interiors even though looked blunt but felt better .
Jayadev, Was it an aftermarket fitment or an original one. Could you explain. Howsoever hard i try to trust your statement , but I am unable to believe it. Who told you all this?

Thread Starter #25
@Jayadev:
guy you know what,if M&M read this post then they will be behind you....
Okay that XYLO's plastics seem to be quite low on quality but still...kumbh mela toys are a bit too harsh to compare.

Innova is more reliable than Xylo. The engine is more refined & NVH is better.
Also, Xylo is to fight against Grande, Tavera (though actually it was supposed to be Innova killer). I don't think T badge has anything to do with poor Xylo sales, else Scorpio would have been dud too. Again, Innova was sold as 3 row CAR & not UV which did the trick.

Btw, the looks of Xylo are crude unlike Innova which didn't go down well either.

** Some drivers told me that tyres of Xylo wear out faster than Innova. Can anyone confirm this ?

First of all amazing comparison between the two cars. Innova if compared to Xylo is a classes above in looks and features but I think M&M has already hit the bull's eye with XUV 500.

People are going crazy after seeing the looks, features and goodies offered. Infact a friend of mine who was crazy about Toyota Fortuner and was already to buy it is seriously considering XUV 500. Another instance was my dad seeing XUV 500 on the road and he was like is that a Merc or Bmw?? When I told him its M&M and a fully loaded car will cost approx 13 Lacks on road and it comes only in diesel variant his reaction was cancel the Verna and book this car. I just smiled and didn't say anything.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29
@Mastersquall:
Quite agree with you to some extent but not completely,why?
The reason is simple,my ownership experience of an Innova says something else too...but yes..THE MAGICAL 'T' BADGE REALLY WORKS..

@Amit Agarwal:
Even I too know that I have compared something different breeds,but what I have done is just compared two pure people movers not SUVs and hence the only competition of Innova is Xylo here..and you can also see even in the market everyone(even the experts)do compare these two.

Jayadev, Was it an aftermarket fitment or an original one. Could you explain. Howsoever hard i try to trust your statement , but I am unable to believe it. Who told you all this?
No, It was Brand new Xylo came for Ice fitments.

@Jayadev:
guy you know what,if M&M read this post then they will be behind you....
Okay that XYLO's plastics seem to be quite low on quality but still...kumbh mela toys are a bit too harsh to compare.
I wouldn't mind that rather I will show them Interiors of Innova.Innova interiors even though looks bland but feels plush. but xylo had everything in it with asymmetrical panel gaps ,sharp edges,unfinished mould lines,and dash board was...well this is how my first impression was when I checked Xylo an year back, I dont know how it is now.

Any day xylo is much better than sumo (just for a comparo)

if I want a 7 seater "car" I will go right away for Innova.on the other hand xylo is too boxy and bulky "cab""taxi" like as I said elsewhere.

I believe such "folly" (read as,Why Xylo Was Outsold By the Innova) happens due to lack of proper research or homework before they start to design. Toyota has very well understood how to drag out Indian towards them.

no matter what u say mostly innova sells just because of T brand
It is not very much true . In India majority haven't realized the charm of "T". up here the king is Suzuki then everything else. but again I repeat , Toyota is very flexible and knows very well how to impress us Indian with very versatile products ,there lies the success story of innova.

Ps:Above is just my own pov/opinion.[glasses]

Top Bottom