Why Xylo Was Outsold By the Innova?

Thread Starter #91
@Superbad:Its changed a 'bit' and a 'bit' is always a 'bit'.The handling of Xylo is changed but still there is a lot more to change.
In other words.The Xylo is still far far behind the Innova even after the introduction of mHawk engine.Its nowhere in the league of Innova in terms of dynamics.

my friend got a new xylo 2014 based on the platform of new scorpio. he got the first car of new lot in whole India, recently we have a long trip of 1100 km in it and some people are giving compliment that this car is way more comfortable than innova. ofcourse they have travelled in innova before.
Good to hear that for a car costing atleast 5 lakhs less than innova.

The new refreshed Xylo, aka 2013 refinement,- is much comparable to Innova. Features of Xylo can challenge Innova! Anyone cares to compare now?
In the dept of handling,comfort, brand value and bullet proof reliability of the engine, Innova definitely succeeds. I prefer xylo more than Innova for our Indian roads (especially if you are taking it on rural side frequently) because of its abuse friendly nature, sturdiness and powerful engine when compared to Innova.

Similarly I'd like Innova be a better highway cruiser, most comfortable, strong resale as well as a value and a decent handler, also to add here in south, Innova is considered as a luxury icon till today.

Finally it's the buyer decision to buy between these both as both the vehicles though competes, he has to select accordingly.

Gonna book the new refresh H8 model Xylo with ABS next month. Loved the 120bhp MHawk engine. Cant wait to bring that baby home [:D] [drive]
it has dual air bags and alloys as well, over H8, H9 has automatic climate control, cruise control, steering mounted controls along with bluetooth, company leather seats.
may be there is option in H8 with only ABS.

I think there are some people who buys innova don't look elsewhere, they have 20 lakhs budget and they just have to buy innova and can say that its 17 lakhs only and i saved 3 lakhs.

for bullet proof reliability, i think in 5 lakhs minimum 2 engine replacements can be possible in Xylo [;)] m-hawk 120 HP is the same engine as scorpio so no reliability issues.

PS : on lighter note in very and bullet proof reliable toyota vehicles air bags are not being deployed at all, there are some threads going on on same on various forums.

Last edited:
Xylo is a very competent MPV. It has every thing to take on the segment leader and is a worthy competitor too. But somehow Mahindra has not managed what Toyota has - create an appeal for both private and commercial consumers. Toyota's reputation, fuss free ownership and a.s.s and brand image has taken the Innova one step ahead of the xylo. Xylo by no means is lesser to Innova, just that it doesn't appeal to private owners as Innova does. People view Xylo as a cab and hence I guess Innova sells more. Also the resale value of Innova is excellent whereas the xylo might not fetch that much - proportionate to the cost at which the vehicles are bought. I might also be wrong with the resale point.

Last edited:

Top Bottom