Why People Keep their Cars So Littered and Dirty?

Varun this is nothing buddy , my Aria has gone through worse especially during rains. I will try to take a picture next time when the car is dirty!

Thread Starter #33
Sorry to bump an older thread but,

I think an Amby is very easy to clean inside because it is spacious and you get room to get a duster and wipe the floor thoroughly. Also I take out the floor mat after a few drives and take the dust off them. I also don't use my car as a storage box and prevent odours from accumulating inside the car.

I don't know what some people do with their cars, but their interiors almost always stink horribly and the worst part is that the car owner doesn't seem to recognize it. It always arises from keeping foodstuff or other smelly products inside a car for a long time.

I guess having a nice air freshener is also a good idea. Like another commenter here, I also wouldn't allow anybody to smoke inside the car.

Maybe the reasons for proper maintenance comes down to pride of ownership as against simply owning a car as a means of transport.

Last edited:
Cleaning exterior is easy compared to interior,
So I drive most of the time closing windows rolled up switching on AC inside city to avoid dust of Metro and fly-over constructions. Interiors we have many places which goes unnoticed and few places are difficult to reach and clean without a air blower or vacuum cleaner.
Maintaining a Black car is not difficult its impossible [frustration] usually washing car takes 1-2Hrs but the effort even wont last long for an 1hrs after wash, take a short drive and car looks like its wasn't washed for weeks [anger].

i clean my own car at night in my garage cause i don't have much time in the morning of every day to get to work quickly. and i wash it usually every week.

Cleaning exterior is easy compared to interior,
So I drive most of the time closing windows rolled up switching on AC inside city to avoid dust of Metro and fly-over constructions. Interiors we have many places which goes unnoticed and few places are difficult to reach and clean without a air blower or vacuum cleaner.
Maintaining a Black car is not difficult its impossible [frustration] usually washing car takes 1-2Hrs but the effort even wont last long for an 1hrs after wash, take a short drive and car looks like its wasn't washed for weeks [anger].
I agree with the above statement. My friend holds my neck whenever I go to him during holidays because most of the times he will be cleaning his Black Vento [lol].

If you want less hurdle, by light shade cars with dark interiors.

I have become very lazy from the day i got my Pearl Blue Alto,its the next color to black,god it becomes very difficult wipe the loose dust off and makes the car's presence very shabby so i clean it only twice a month and rest of the days just wipe with a dampened cloth.

I have made of habbit of covering my car every night. Thus less effort in the morning to clean my car. I also found mini car vaccuum cleaners very useful.It takes less than five minutes once every week to keep the car clean from inside.

I used to keep my car squeky clean. Then I made the silly decision of painting it black and now the exteriors look like hell. Dirt, smudges, scratches, dents courtesy neighbors, kids or people walking by. On top of that every time i cover the car some nasty dogs come and tear the covers apart. So nowadays I leave it filthy as ever. Interiors are neat and clean though.

My Hawk's rear seat have become dirty, again my small cousin eating chocolates and smeared to the seats, also ladies lip stick fell on the seat, end result, a job for me to clean.
Any DIY solution guys, all this has happened when my mom took the hawk with relatives.
I am smiling from outside, while the heart is burning deep inside.[frustration]

My Hawk's rear seat have become dirty, again my small cousin eating chocolates and smeared to the seats, also ladies lip stick fell on the seat, end result, a job for me to clean.
Is it the seat cover or the original seat which has become dirty. If its a fabric seat cover and the whole seat is diry then the best idea is to take it out and wash it with mild detergent using a soft scrubber else you can take a water mixed with mild detergent and rub the seat with a soft scrubber until its clean. Do it gently else you might end up spoiling it. Dont worry [evil] Kids and ladies never forget to accomplish their jobs. Happens with me many times.[cheers]

Is it the seat cover or the original seat which has become dirty. If its a fabric seat cover and the whole seat is diry then the best idea is to take it out and wash it with mild detergent using a soft scrubber else you can take a water mixed with mild detergent and rub the seat with a soft scrubber until its clean. Do it gently else you might end up spoiling it. Dont worry [evil] Kids and ladies never forget to accomplish their jobs. Happens with me many times.[cheers]
It was the original seat cover, i haven't gone for seat covers, its pending for a long time.

If you see my car this week you are surely going to add me as defaulter in this list. The reason is I have some extra work for this week & have to leave 6 AM in morning and come back for sleep at 10.00 PM. The cleaning guy comes after 7.00 AM and have no chance of cleaning my car. At my office we have open area parking near contruction site which is adding some more receipes to dirt [sleep]. The only surface which is clean is the windsheild since I'm wipping it every night before leaving for the day off. Will be taking my car for wash next tuesday

Top Bottom