Why People Keep their Cars So Littered and Dirty?

Thread Starter #17
One of the most difficult things to control is when kids board the vehicle. Usually their hands will be smeared with chocolate or other sticky stuff and wherever they touch, the vehicle will become messy. Problem is that you cannot scold other people's children. :(

actually my interior is not that clean either. it had 1 or 2 banana peals till yday because of some kids who just eat freely in MY car. My interior is mostly dirty because of other people who sit. They just sit in my car as if its value is nothing. They eat and drop bits, and dont bother to clean up. I cant even think to do such stuff in someone else's car.

Worst experience was when someone had spit paan in the rear left door pocket. when i saw it, i felt like puking instantly. i didnt even dare wash it. i had to send it to wash.
Dude sorry to ask but what kind of people sit in your car? [surprise]

It all relates to personal hygiene which is still low in India.
An interesting topic to discuss. I have also come across many pathetically maintained cars but I believe there could be various reasons for their bad state, including:
  • Away from the owner: The one who hasn’t spent hard earned money on purchasing the car generally fails to understand its actual value.

• Always in hands of driver: Some people prefer handing over the responsibility of their cars entirely on chauffeurs. As a result, it causes the bad fate for the car and if the car is some big luxury model, then not much to say because on the roads – the chauffeurs driving these cars consider themselves no less than being their owners itself.
Apart of it, if still the car is in bad condition – there could be more possibilities such as lack of interest from owner’s part, poor financial condition, and perhaps too great financial condition that even if a car is wasted, it doesn’t matters much for them.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I agree. :agree:

One of the most difficult things to control is when kids board the vehicle. Usually their hands will be smeared with chocolate or other sticky stuff and wherever they touch, the vehicle will become messy. Problem is that you cannot scold other people's children. :(
Maybe if you request them or their parents politely. they will understand if they also own car...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your car chauffeur driven? Also ask those guys who do such nuisance to clean up the mess before they get down.

Yuck,i felt like puking after reading your post. I can imagine how terrible you must have felt seeing that spit inside. I remember scolding my uncle fiercely when i saw him spitting pan on my City's alloy. Result is, we still do not talk to each other well[lol].
nah man, my car will never ever be self driven. that guy is never allowed to sit in my anymore. he just spat it silently in the back. no one realized. nowadays i have told my dad to take action since no one listens to kids. [frustration]

I always like my car to be clean whenever i take it out for a spin however due to some difficulties i will not be able to wash sometimes , but most of the times i prefer washing my car before taking out. A clean and gleaming car speaks volumes about you , shows how much you love your car!

But the scenario is changing atleast in Chennai , atleast 8/10 cars i see on the roads are clean these days!

Well add me to that list Ilango! I wash my car outside whenever i feel it needs a wash but interiors and engine bay i clean it only rarely. The reason i don't clean interiors much is the limited space i have in my parking area , the doors can be opened only a little which will be only enough to get in and out. Whenever i get a chance to park my car outside on the road , i give her a complete thorough wash!

BTW high time i purchased some car care products and a vacuum cleaner!

I had once approached a car washing centre for a wash, the car was thoroughly and cleanly washed, and after that I have never ever washed my car from outside. It is horrible. Even if you don't have the proper equipments to wash at home, specially the hose, it is better to clean it at home.

I make it a point (even in the rainy season) atleast before i take my car out, all the windows should be cleaned properly. And give a through wash every week myself and also clean the floor mats regularly.
One can also purchase water less shampoos as there are many products in the market. I personally feel that ones car needs to be cleaned throughly every week. It takes hardly an hour. To some people it may be a tiering job but after all its the hygene u maintain the same way inside your home.
I cant even imagine how can people keep their interiors messy. One has spent so much in a car and dont even bother to clean it...
In my car i even dont allow others smoking...[drive]

Top Bottom