Why People Keep their Cars So Littered and Dirty?

It was the original seat cover, i haven't gone for seat covers, its pending for a long time.
Never Mind, Try it with mild detergent and scrubber. Just try it on a small patch. If you succeed in cleaning then go in for the other patches. Other way out is that you will find a lot of cleaners in the market who do seat and roof top cleaning. To avoid such situations I got artificial leather seat covers fixed (bucket fitting ,autoform make).These covers are very easy to clean. Just wipe them with damp towel to make them shine as new.

My Hawk's rear seat have become dirty, again my small cousin eating chocolates and smeared to the seats, also ladies lip stick fell on the seat, end result, a job for me to clean.
Any DIY solution guys, all this has happened when my mom took the hawk with relatives.
I am smiling from outside, while the heart is burning deep inside.[frustration]
I know that feeling, i have a kid who does the same - and you cant stop them can you !! I have got a formula 1 upholstery cleaner and it worked fine a few times i used. Yes offcourse you need to try it at some not so visible place to check if it works well with your seat fabric

@Macsvin:
How about posting good hard and dirty pic of your car so that we can really praise you in this thread??[;)]
Sorry Dear. As said last week took the car for oressure clean & now its back to original shape. Due to work pressure I was not in position to open the Internet (other than offical purpose) nor able to take any pics of my car.

It all relates to personal hygiene which is still low in India.
Queens Mary university London has carried out a study on cars in UK in APRIL 11, which concluded that steering wheels harbour bacterias 9 times higher than a toilets, some of them are responsible for food poisoning.
So all is not well abroad also.

I prefer to keep hand sanitizer and a soapstrip pack in driver side door pocket.

One of the most difficult things to control is when kids board the vehicle. Usually their hands will be smeared with chocolate or other sticky stuff and wherever they touch, the vehicle will become messy. Problem is that you cannot scold other people's children. :(
Even our own children can not be scolded especially on long trips.Solution is to buy 2 sets of turkish towel type fabric seat covers , and change them whenever the car is given for wash. These seat covers can be washed at home in a washing machine.

Fortunately my kids do not like junk food, also they are not fond of eating inside car.

Sorry to bump an older thread but,

I think an Amby is very easy to clean inside because it is spacious.

I don't know what some people do with their cars, but their interiors almost always stink horribly and the worst part is that the car owner doesn't seem to recognize it. It always arises from keeping foodstuff or other smelly products inside a car for a long time.

t.
Yes spacious cars do allow to bend down and twist yourself inside for cleaning.

Common cause of smell inside the car is spilling of water bottles in the space in between the foot and floor mat which already little dirty due to dust and food stuff, next day it start s decaying and wet dirt is impossible to remove, more you try more it gets impregnated in the floormat, and fungus starts growing due to moisture, hence the smell.
Simple solution is to open the cars doors , remove the foot mats, keep the car under noon sun for2 hrs. Things get dried and then with vaccum we can clean the loosened dirt. If short of time, or in monsoon I use hair dryer with an extension cord in the parking instead of sun.

Sometimes, kids vomiting due to motion sickness inside the car leads to foul smell, My friend has fitted artificial leather (rexine) seat covers, can be cleaned with wet clothe and dried erliest. He prefers to stop the car whenever kid gives hint, and allow s it to vomit outside the car or in a plastic bag.

Cleaning exterior is easy compared to interior,
So I drive most of the time closing windows rolled up switching on AC inside city to avoid dust of Metro and fly-over constructions. Interiors we have many places which goes unnoticed and few places are difficult to reach and clean without a vaccum cleaner].

Apart from above mentioned things by notafe,In my now sold out Indigo I use to use the car's ash tray as an instantaneous dust bin for dry small throwaway items. Previosly I use to gather wet throw away items in it but it boomerangs (cockroaches came inside the car).I miss the ash tray in my manza now.

I have purchased a foot mat set which has ridges on it and raised edges which prevents dust from spreading on cars floor mats.

When my car is dust laden, I just take it out and run it@60 kmph for 10 mins. , most of the dust flies awy due to wind, then I clean it with Jopasu car duster, within 5 mins.It starts gleaming.

Dust laden car in the parking keeps naughty boys away, still they succeed in writing messages on the dust film with there finger such as ' Now atleast, wash your car'[:D]

Last edited:

Top Bottom