Why Most Indian Cars Are Front Wheel Drive?

Simple is the reason
Money !

To produce a rear wheel drive car , they have to use lots of different things
Add another parts like
Differential,
connecting rods
Engine placement /mounts
driveshaft
expensive tranny

Also the indian cars would have no space if they were RWD because the driveshaft will go thru the car making less space for the people sitting behind.

Its fun to drive RWD then FWD too :)
both my cars are RWD

yeah, RWD is very much fun than FWD.

i always love to drive my nano then my getz (CNG). RWD are more responsive and we can feel the power of engine in it. FWD is good in turning then RWD .

we can call NANO a RWD but since its engine is located in rear itself, its cheap and easier to have it RWD. also, it powers 38 HP, which is not enough if they made it front engine - front drive (like M800 which feels under power on highways with AC, while nano never feels underpower on any road with AC ) thats the main advantage of RWD.

Same capacity engines if put in a RWD and FWD car , front wheel drive will be more responsive and quick

When it comes to handling RWD's are better

Turning circles of FWD are bad compared to RWD's however Turning circles of AWD are the WORST!

Lancer Evo 7 I drove the other day , its just as bad

And if it is Cost Effectiveness ,Then Why Tata Made Nano Rear Wheel Driven?Ahoy!! :D And this Car gives a Economy of 20kmpl Plus.
First thing came to my mind after somebody said "Mileage".It's good,but it's a Tata.Who would drift in it?:stupid: No thanks!

Top Bottom