Why I Bought "This" Car Over Much Popular Cars Available In Market?

Thread Starter #1
Still driving wagon R 1.1 lt. Actually it is a second hand car brought in 2015. Manufacturing year is 2009. Very reliable, roads no roads it drives effortlessly and still going strong. Will continue to be our second car. Below are recent pictures of Wagon R.
W1.png

W2.png

This year we decided to buy a safe, reliable, petrol automatic car.

The hunt began with following cars considered--
1. Creta petrol E model, yes it is a manual one.No car for test drive. Buy it and then drive it was the attitude. Still liked it. I then got a chance to test drive it. Within 5 mins of driving rejected it.Why? Dashboard glare. Huge design flaw by hyundai. Price on road in Pune was coming to 13 lakhs. No crash test data available. Also got a chance to test drive SX automatic model of Creta. Liked it for the features offered but it was close to 18 lakhs on road. Quality of features remains a question mark. But the dashboard glare was a huge problem for me.
Wrote on Creta owners FB page and got good response from the community where most of the people were facing the problem. Got more than 50 replies and everyone is facing the problem.

Here is the picture --
Creta.png

2. Kia Seltos-- Didn't like the infotainment cluster placement plus felt too light like Creta to drive. Rejected.
3. Venue -- Test drove petrol automatic couple of times, very lethargic engine. Less on power and very weak AC. The engine heat sign pops up if driven hard. Very surprising. Rejected. So 1.0 lt engine a strict NO for me. Hence even after test driving --
Sonet -- Did not like it.
Rapid automatic- sturdy car, felt better in the manual variant than automatic. Rejected due to 1.0 lt, high service costs and low GC. d
4. Brezza -- Test drove it couple of times. Very sturdy car, suspension was bit hard. Front grill of chrome was not my taste. Rejected. But it ticked on comfort, mileage, headlights.
5. Toyota Urban Cruiser-- Decided to find out the same car under Toyota badge. Couple of differences, suspension was better tuned. Seats were comfortable than brezza. Also the front grill was much better. Finally the service costs were lower than Maruti.
Also did couple of back to back test drives on similar routes for brezza and urban cruiser.
6. Others -- Did not consider Kushaq, as it is just launched. XUV 300 petrol has an AMT and lesser boot space, Nexon also not considered as it has an AMT.

Final verdict -- Urban Cruiser petrol automatic top version. Find out more in part 2.

Part 2- coming soon
IMG_20210804_145410.jpg

Last edited:
You drove breeza as well so why buy the urban cruiser when you can buy breeza, THEY ARE THE SAME CARS WITH DIFFERENT BADGES.

Still driving wagon R 1.1 lt. Actually it is a second hand car brought in 2015. Manufacturing year is 2009. Very reliable, roads no roads it drives effortlessly and still going strong. Will continue to be our second car. Below are recent pictures of Wagon R.
Nice review. Awaiting Part 2 soon. Your beater car Wagon R first gen (probably 1.1 L 4 cylinder) is one of the gems you own. I would dare to request you never to part with that reliable workhorse.

You drove breeza as well so why buy the urban cruiser when you can buy breeza, THEY ARE THE SAME CARS WITH DIFFERENT BADGES.
Amiti has clearly mentioned why he has preferred TOYOTA UC over MS BREZZA, and he sounds right in his decision, as per his findings and preferences.

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I think the glare can happen in any car , depends on the sunlight.
Like @Chitti said UC and brezza are the same cars manufactured in the same factory so I also think suspension band seats will be exactly the same as brezza. But UC looks much better.

Ps : brezza is not a sturdy car at all.
Waiting for your car's review.

I think the glare can happen in any car , depends on the sunlight.
Like @Chitti said UC and brezza are the same cars manufactured in the same factory so I also think suspension band seats will be exactly the same as brezza. But UC looks much better.

Ps : brezza is not a sturdy car at all.
Waiting for your car's review.
Please throw some more light when you say 'Brezza is not a STURDY CAR". It has a better build quality, brings 4 star safety from GNCAP.

Top Bottom