Why I bought Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi!

Oh whats wrong with JK tyres? Is there any problem?

I was also wondering whats the use of rear spoiler? Is it just the style or is there any reason for it? I thought it helps in keeping the car on road (aerodynamics) and also helps in rainy days from water sticking on the rear windshield. Well wiper is there for that??
Jk tyres are not stable at high speeds.
The steering wheel shakes at high speeds.

Ragha in one word don't go for any coatings nothing will happen to a new car.
I never did any coating till now.
And such coating eats paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
And such coating eats paint. @mukeshus are you sure about this?I thought only rubbing and scratch removal will eat paint how will a coating eat paint please brief

And such coating eats paint. @mukeshus are you sure about this?I thought only rubbing and scratch removal will eat paint how will a coating eat paint please brief
Yes maximas, as nothing happens if you don't do these coatings.
Even if you do it, It won't last long as scratches are bound to happen.
So according to me all these costlier coatings are waste.
And from my dealer i came to know , as you polish the parts more, it will loose the original shiny layer gradually.

Yes maximas, as nothing happens if you don't do these coatings.
Even if you do it, It won't last long as scratches are bound to happen.
So according to me all these costlier coatings are waste.
And from my dealer i came to know , as you polish the parts more, it will loose the original shiny layer gradually.
I would have avoided this teflon matter in my santro if I already known about this [frustration] and also 1500 bucks[anger]

Thread Starter #35
Also one thing I noticed on i20 which is poor the HORN. If i close all windows and honk I can't hear it myself. I wonder what will the cattle or others do when I honk. When I asked the sales guy about it he responded by saying its the government law which limits the sound. Well I didn't know what to say!! Definitely I will be changing those horns after taking delivery!!! Top on my list.

350Z

Core Team
Also one thing I noticed on i20 which is poor the HORN. If i close all windows and honk I can't hear it myself. I wonder what will the cattle or others do when I honk. When I asked the sales guy about it he responded by saying its the government law which limits the sound. Well I didn't know what to say!! Definitely I will be changing those horns after taking delivery!!! Top on my list.
Ragha, You should rather be happy that i20 has so good NVH Levels. I don't think it'll be fair enough to judge horn's sound by sitting inside. Have you tried to hear the horn from outside?

Drive Safe,
350Z

No teflon for new cars .

There are things like paint protection like that and all. Just say no to them

Paint is nothing but

Base paint ,
above that a clear coat.

clear coat gives you the shinning of the paint.

small scratch , which are removed by so called scratch remover are all on clear coat.

paint scratch - deep scratch cannot be removed , unless repaint.

ok small scratch -

that is scratch on clear , the clear is rubbed and that part is made to dissapear and polish and other chemical are used to blend , the upper and lower part of clear.

This is what sold in different form as paint remover etc .

Paint protector is layer above clear - paints do need to breath! say no to them!
clear do fade by sun
waxing helps to retain shine- gives life to clear coat.

Hope i gave a idea on paint!

hey ragha..missed this thread. congrats! please share details and pics. when is the delivery date?

Hey Ragha even i missed this thread somehow! Congrats on your pick and i20 especially CRDI is my favorite Hatch currently. Silver color i feel is a little common though i do have a silver Verna CRDI![;)]

Horns pay 500 bucks and change it anytime you want from any car accessory dealer. And yeah JK tyres have some issues in Figo and even Ford has switched over from JK tyres.

Try getting more freebies from the dealer like car covers , reverse sensors , spoiler , idols , good keychains all these atleast at a discounted price!

Even i was confused over a new i20 CRDI or a used Verna CRDI and finally settled for Verna as i felt boot is necessary for us.

Congrats on picking the Ubercool beauty once again!

Thread Starter #42
hey ragha..missed this thread. congrats! please share details and pics. when is the delivery date?
They have not given a date .. have said 4 - 6 weeks. 10 days up already. Hoping they will do within 6 weeks.

Hey Ragha even i missed this thread somehow! Congrats on your pick and i20 especially CRDI is my favorite Hatch currently. Silver color i feel is a little common though i do have a silver Verna CRDI![;)]

Horns pay 500 bucks and change it anytime you want from any car accessory dealer. And yeah JK tyres have some issues in Figo and even Ford has switched over from JK tyres.

Try getting more freebies from the dealer like car covers , reverse sensors , spoiler , idols , good keychains all these atleast at a discounted price!

Even i was confused over a new i20 CRDI or a used Verna CRDI and finally settled for Verna as i felt boot is necessary for us.

Congrats on picking the Ubercool beauty once again!
Hey Dhaya, Thanks much for your tips. I am just waiting for them to give me car allotment confirmation. I would like to bargain at the time of delivery. Thanks a lot.

P.S: My nick is Raghu, not ragha. Is it possible to change it anywhere? I tried profile could not find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the production line is being shared by i10 and santro.
I heard this is the reason for verna and i20 getting delayed. Not sure though.

why the waiting period for i20 so much long? is diesel i20 having huge demand in market?

Top Bottom