Why I bought Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi!

Its good ragha that you went for top end.[:)]
And see that the car you get is not JK tyres, Go for Appollo Accelere or Bridgestone.

Thread Starter #25
Its good ragha that you went for top end.[:)]
And see that the car you get is not JK tyres, Go for Appollo Accelere or Bridgestone.
Oh whats wrong with JK tyres? Is there any problem?

I was also wondering whats the use of rear spoiler? Is it just the style or is there any reason for it? I thought it helps in keeping the car on road (aerodynamics) and also helps in rainy days from water sticking on the rear windshield. Well wiper is there for that??

350Z

Core Team
Hi Ragha, Congratulations for your pick and no doubt, a wise decision to opt for the new Hyundai i20 with 6-speed ‘box, You can go with the waxing from a reputed place around, other Bangloreans will able to guide you better and also, what about the pre-owned Mahindra Scorpio which you purchased? Will the i20 be kept as your second car?

ragha2010 said:
I was also wondering whats the use of rear spoiler? Is it just the style or is there any reason for it? I thought it helps in keeping the car on road (aerodynamics) and also helps in rainy days from water sticking on the rear windshield. Well wiper is there for that??
There's really no such other use of spoilers on regular cars, other than enhancing the looks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Please let me know. I am also thinking to get the Teflon / Waxing done at the showroom. Is it a good idea? What else I should get done for the car at the showroom please? Please give your inputs.
Teflon is not recommended. Better go for 3M paint protection (it will include cleaning, waxing and putting sealant over it).
But what I would suggest don't do anything now. Just buy one good wax (pure Carnauba wax) and apply it once in 3-4 months.
After one year if you feel you need to do something, do 3M detailing. 3M services normally available at all A.S.S.

Read below threads.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/393-best-way-maintain-car-colour.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/75-how-wax-car.html

Thread Starter #28
Hi Ragha, Congratulations for your pick and no doubt, a wise decision to opt for the new Hyundai i20 with 6-speed ‘box, You can go with the waxing from a reputed place around, other Bangloreans will able to guide you better and also, what about the pre-owned Mahindra Scorpio which you purchased? Will the i20 be kept as your second car?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Oh no! I did not purchase the Scorpio! Had to drop it because of high interest rates for used cars.

Congrats on your pick.
Regarding freebies, dont accept teflon or underbody coating as freebies as the coating would be just for namesake and nothing else. If you are keen on doing teflon, go to any other dedicated dealers for coating, maybe Dupont.

Top Bottom