Why Do Bikes Have Breather Tube But Only Vent Holes in Car Battery?

Thread Starter #1
i would like to know all bike batteies have a breather tube under the bike for gases to escape from battery but car battery just has vent holes on top of battery, my question is isnt gases from car battery more dangerous as it its very close to engine and concealed so why no battery breather tubes for car battery

Re: why do bike batteries have breather tube but car battery has vent holes only

intelligent question i am sorry i dont know about it much but i suppose the car batteries are maintanance free and hence dont have any breather tube as they are sealed .

Unlike cars , bike batteries are very close to people, when acid water ( diluted Sulphuric acid ) splashes out , if not drained may fall on cloths of people riding it. though it may not cause serious injuries but can damage the cloths or cause a rash on human skin. Hope, this may be the reason .

ilango[speed thirst];73497 said:
Hope this must be the answer. Bike do fall , so for safe out of acid water bike has tube.

hope i am right
Thats the right answer ilango. Not only that but bikes can leak battery fluid even while they do crazy lean angles unlike cars which never tilt while taking a curve at whatever speed.

This is a very intelligent question. I have my cousin working with Exide Batteries.
I will try to get a technical answer with some proper reasoning and research and analatical answer to this question.

Top Bottom