Why Aria Failed To Take Off But XUV Did??

Thread Starter #16
Re: Why ARIA failed to take-off but XUV did??

Wow!!!

That was a nice review.

Really usefull for somebody visiting automotive related sites for information.

{Hope you have not gone Munnabai way - kidnapping a top class automobile journalist to write a review in your name [lol]}
Well,its really pleasing that you people liked the review.
OT:About Munnabhai way,I am waiting to kidnap you(And make you write for me)..:biggrin:

The thread is certainly going to take off, as it is compiled brilliantly, +1000 to it.

I personally feel that Aria did not fail, rather it did not take off as the XUV did, and again, Tata cars are known for late turbo kick-in. My opinion;

1. Over priced by at least 2 lakhs.
2. In-city / bumper to bumper drive-ability may not be inspiring.
No doubt,late turbo kick!!
Even I am also waiting for this turbo kick to come up,actually Tata has loaded an extremely heavy price on Aria and if the weight of this price come down,then Aria will also fly..

Wow, Brilliant review buddy! Actually, was really a nightmare, was a very long post [:D]

Yes, I also feel the Aria is overpriced.
Thanks buddy(In fact to all),I knew that someone will really get nightmares while reading this review...

@TSIvipul:

Fantastic Review Man,

Enough comparision between Aria & XUV..

Personally I like Aria over XUV
Well,Appu passed the review,then it means the review is quite good(LOL)...

Nice comparison.

I would prefer Innova/Duster rather than XUV5OO or ARIA (no offense to anyone).
I have already preferred Innova and if you drive yourself then simply Innova is still the best!!

That is the only reason Aria didn't take off(price).Nothing else .
Also its van like look made it compare it with Innova which is not at all fair.
If they could have done it like the looks of LR. Then for the price it would have done a justice.
+100,no doubt at all...

Now since THE X-OVER is on board let him pour his few cents:

The reason/s Aria never sold like XUV are:

1. Tata don't pay enough money to auto experts it seems.Same people who talk " all about the (in)famous plastic quality of Tata product" seem to love the fit and finish of Mahindra product.

2. For some odd reason some people have made their motto to demean and defame Tata as a company, they tend to pass negative energy abt tata no matter where they are and what they do.Nano catches fires all hell breakes loose, Etios gets fuel hose removed all happy.

I can go on for ages, but I think its enough to igniite another flame war,so dear Vipul happy now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Come on Xover .

can you read and understand the difference between 16 lakh and 18 lakh???

Aria is not having T badge of toyota but Tata..!!!

Thread Starter #19

Again came in XOVER and directly threw a punch at other members,its quite a wrong practice and may end up again going OT,but if it goes on right way,then it can lead into a good GD..

Yesterday I went to a small mela where aria was displayed .
Let me guess for 18.x lakh I expect.
1.160bhp
2.more chrome - on interior as well as exterior (means need elegant aesthetics-it lacks a plush feel--which nearby 3.8 lakh hyundai Eon had in it).

3.Better Gear shifts (4 lakh chevy beat next to it have better and smoother shifts-common man will judge,count me too)
4.clutch pedal was soft but came sound crrr..crrr while pressed (subject of concern).

5.Better marketing (keep it away from Indica and grande sumo-yes,just a look of grande made me to ignore Aria next to it)

5.personally I felt in cabin noise is bit high (I am spoiled by punto) sounding bit like tata 407 though it was much acceptable for car of such size,but i suggest more sound deadening.

6.Finally if am able to spent 18 lakh I will reconsider to go for next better thing "mighty fortuner" and rule the road.

7. Else give it a powerfull (180bhp )heart and make it "never miss it"car in India.

8.From looks it have everything but for the price to features it is so unbalanced (we are in year 2012 -year of Xuv500)

Last edited:

The reason/s Aria never sold like XUV are:

1. Tata don't pay enough money to auto experts it seems.Same people who talk " all about the (in)famous plastic quality of Tata product" seem to love the fit and finish of Mahindra product.
Okay, for once, let me be nice to your comments -

1) It seems you have worked in this industry for quite a long time. Please share your experience with regards to this because I understand, without that, you wont pass such a comment.

2) Please share where & in which sector & for how many years have you worked, that you got to witness such malpractices happening.

3) Also, since we are at it, please reveal how much money does Mahindra pay & to which reviewer, so that I can stop reading their reviews. That will be very kind & helpful of you. Thanks.

4) Finally, I guess, in every review, reviewers have always claimed that the plastic & build quality of Aria is much better than the XUV, something different that what you got to say.

2. For some odd reason some people have made their motto to demean and defame Tata as a company, they tend to pass negative energy abt tata no matter where they are and what they do.Nano catches fires all hell breakes loose, Etios gets fuel hose removed all happy.
1) Why only TATA? Why not Mahindra, Hyundai, Maruti, etc.?

2) You mean Etios' fuel hose issue is more serious that Nano catching fire? Of course, Nano is a TATA, how can something be possible wrong in it? Sorry, my mistake.

Come on Xover .

can you read and understand the difference between 16 lakh and 18 lakh???

Aria is not having T badge of toyota but Tata..!!!
Cmon jayadev, not fair... you are trying to talk something sensible over here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pricing of the cars was one of the important aspect were TATA got wrong.The UV based design of the Aria was another factor whereas the XUV sporty SUV design was of every taste.Not going into technical part of the engine.

4.clutch pedal was soft but came sound crrr..crrr while pressed (subject of concern).
OT - My friend's 2011 Vista QJD has same issue and could not resolve after servicing. Is this common issue across all Tata's cars?

Re: Why Aria Failed to Take-off But XUV Did??

OT - My friend's 2011 Vista QJD has same issue and could not resolve after servicing. Is this common issue across all Tata's cars?
What I had concluded after owning a tata product for 1 year is in general it is
"Fiat technology + Tata quality=Tata car"

(Tata Quality= make it cheapest using below standard materials.)

In my Vista one of the clutch assy part was found made of (Black) plastic and similar thing in my Fiat punto is made of Stainless steel (shiny).

Disclaimer:Presently I own Fiat car.
I bet Aria must have been designed much better than Vista.

Thread Starter #25

Well,its a fact that Tata,in fact not only Tata but all the budget car manufacturers build a lot of compromises on their vehicles,but for this we can't overlook the pros and the terrific VFM they offer.

TATA wanted to build a brand image in premium catagory and so made Aria feature rich compared to other cars in their stable and priced it high. Introduced only in big Cities and selected dealerships. Aria was not meant to be a mass selling car.

Like Maruti, TATA too do not have a brand image to sell premium cars and Aria was the first attempt to break the ceiling.

They made several mistakes in the process like inadequate PR work, not so proper communication and plain external styling which is almost dull from several angles and was looking much similar to Innova than a premium car.

It would have become a limited success with time.

Meantime, Mahindra identified that niche segment and seized the oppurtunity with excellent PR and marketing techniques and tasted initial success. Now they can build on that.

Further, there was a good customer base of Scorpio who has got money and willingness to upgrade. When these loyal customers saw the XUV with such never seen features in a Mahindra earlier, was excited and made Mahindra singing and laughing.

Pricing was so brilliant that it automatically lead all potential customers from the Scorpio rank to book this new car without a second thought.

Last edited:

Top Bottom