Why Aria Failed To Take Off But XUV Did??

Yes some arias did have problem not all many owners are very happy with the aria .
In xuv only the w8 model has problem infact it won't be a over statement to say that almost all w8 have some or the other issue mostly with electronics acting weird and there have been incidents when xuv was taken on a flat bed .
Infact on another forum there is 99 pages thread about niggles and issues of the xuv .
People have changed the remote for the music system 3 times and like vipul told 2 or 3 people also had fuel tank leakage problem . But yes w6 model is not having any problems only the left side door was not getting closed properly and some rattling .inafct we have dockap our forum member who has issues with the ride quality .So which is more reliable I would say both the xuv and aria are not reliable but the attempt from both the companies is great .
Xuv won the cake for its pricing and styling aria in my opinion lost in the same .

I will not compare the XUV with the Pintu.

Have driven the Aria on highways, it did not feel planted. Have not taken the XUV to the highways but it felt more taut than the Aria. Ride quality is where the Aria excels over the XUV.

Anyways, to each his own.
Raj after driving both back to back I would say arias suspension set up is better then xuv . And managing both cars in city is I would say is same the xuv has edge though it's a little more easier then aria .
Again I did 100 plus speeds on palm beach road with both aria and xuv I didn't find any difference between both as both are equally stable but with xuv you are more carefree and with aria you are alert .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #47
Re: Why Aria Failed to Take-off But XUV Did??

Yes some arias did have problem not all many owners are very happy with the aria .
In xuv only the w8 model has problem infact it won't be a over statement to say that almost all w8 have some or the other issue mostly with electronics acting weird and there have been incidents when xuv was taken on a flat bed .
Infact on another forum there is 99 pages thread about niggles and issues of the xuv .
People have changed the remote for the music system 3 times and like vipul told 2 or 3 people also had fuel tank leakage problem . But yes w6 model is not having any problems only the left side door was not getting closed properly and some rattling .inafct we have dockap our forum member who has issues with the ride quality .So which is more reliable I would say both the xuv and aria are not reliable but the attempt from both the companies is great .
Xuv won the cake for its pricing and styling aria in my opinion lost in the same .
Now that's a totally unbiased review.What is wrong should be called wrong and what is correct should be called correct.Thanks buddy..I agree with you.
The car whose engine was siezed was a W8 4X2
Who lost her suspension and issues with transmission was a W8 4X2.
And the one which has transmission oil leakage problem was also a w8 4X2.

Is W8 4X4 okay,or it too has the same issues?(Actually 4X4 buyers are very less,so they seldom come under observation and W8 4X2 has most issues because its the highest selling model of XUV)

Raj after driving both back to back I would say arias suspension set up is better then xuv . And managing both cars in city is I would say is same the xuv has edge though it's a little more easier then aria .
Again I did 100 plus speeds on palm beach road with both aria and xuv I didn't find any difference between both as both are equally stable but with xuv you are more carefree and with aria you are alert .
Well,Raja dear every person has a different taste and hence their ride,handling and car likes and dislikes can also vary,hence I never argue on one's personal driving style or experience.
XUV is definitely easier to live with in cities,but on highways while munching miles ate 120-130 kph I found Aria as a better choice.

Thread Starter #50

are these things an issues ?
Being true,most of the mentioned in the list can't be considered as serious issues(Note:I haven't said all,some are serious too).

Although one point that clicks in the mind is:Electronics going kaput is most common.
Thanks to the low cost Chinese electronic components used by M&M to keep the price low.They succeeded in keeping the price low,but isn't it killing the reputation of the car?
Even if they would have used the ones of high quality the price of the car wouldn't have gone more than a lac higher than it is now,but at least then it could have given the true peace of mind.
Whatever one may say,but this is what makes XUV incomparable to even Innova(and those who dare to compare it with Fortuner must keep their mouth shut in this department).If only features are important in a car then XUV is a fantastic car,but if there is anything called quality in the world,then XUV is simply out of the game.Why?
Because it looks like its built at a price(I am not saying it bad,it has got great mechanicals):-
Interior plastic quality,quality of electronic components etc say that M&M has done some hidden cost cutting in the car,this is where Aria excels.At least in terms of the ambiance it has inside.

Although Aria too face the complains related to electronics(still not as much as XUV) etc so its not a big issue,bit the cars look like they are half baked products just launched by their manufacturers to test..if I say that we owners are driving the test cars,then nothing will be wrong...

Being true,most of the mentioned in the list can't be considered as serious issues(Note:I haven't said all,some are serious too).

Although one point that clicks in the mind is:Electronics going kaput is most common.
Thanks to the low cost Chinese electronic components used by M&M to keep the price low.They succeeded in keeping the price low,but isn't it killing the reputation of the car?
Even if they would have used the ones of high quality the price of the car wouldn't have gone more than a lac higher than it is now,but at least then it could have given the true peace of mind.
Whatever one may say,but this is what makes XUV incomparable to even Innova(and those who dare to compare it with Fortuner must keep their mouth shut in this department).If only features are important in a car then XUV is a fantastic car,but if there is anything called quality in the world,then XUV is simply out of the game.Why?
Because it looks like its built at a price(I am not saying it bad,it has got great mechanicals):-
Interior plastic quality,quality of electronic components etc say that M&M has done some hidden cost cutting in the car,this is where Aria excels.At least in terms of the ambiance it has inside.

Although Aria too face the complains related to electronics(still not as much as XUV) etc so its not a big issue,bit the cars look like they are half baked products just launched by their manufacturers to test..if I say that we owners are driving the test cars,then nothing will be wrong...
+100 you are right any vehicle from the past which has come from mahindra and tata in their version no 1 have been test vehicles which are tested on the buyers.
The most funny part is when both the companies proudly say whe have tested this cars for some lakhs Kms for 2 years and they still in 2 years didn't find all the issues which the users are facing now . So what were the parameters of testing the cars ?

You know what ford did with 2013 fusion sedan they decided to benchmark Audi for the panel gaps and exterior fit and finish and Mercedes for the inner comfort and quality .
Now forget audi and merc mahindra and tata both even benchmark Innova while making their respective cars in terms of fit and finish they both and the users will benefit hugely .

are these things an issues ?
Dear there are other issues as well one user said that he is so frustrated that in his ownership of 4 months the car has visited more then 10 times in the workshop and mahindra is not having solutions to some issues yet . The list shows that it's just not aria the xuv too has a royal list of issues and if you ask which is more reliable I would say both are not reliable as yet , reliable means buy the car put fuel drive and enjoy and only do servicing when it is required rest of time enjoy every bit of money spend on the car by you which is called peace of mind which unfortunately is not associated with both of the cars as of now , maybe version 2 or 3 will be fine .

reliable means buy the car put fuel drive and enjoy and only do servicing when it is required rest of time enjoy every bit of money spend on the car by you which is called peace of mind which unfortunately is not associated with both of the cars as of now , maybe version 2 or 3 will be fine .
Such a car looks like a impossibility to me .
else the owner must somebody like my Boss who wouldn't bother even if all the wheels came off .

else the owner must somebody like my Boss who wouldn't bother even if all the wheels came off .
Hahahah your boss seems to be least interested in cars.

Door locking problems, pulling left, notchy gearbox, braking noise, poor FE, bumper getting loose are serious issues & shows that QA is not proper.
The issue is when this UV was hyped for being tested for xyz kms/period, touted being GLOBAL SUV, do these issues will make it even ASIA SUV, let alone GOLBAL one ?[confused]

Scorpio sold because it was just a sophisticated jeep, the cheap Chinese parts in XUV is making affordable SUV bad. Atleast Aria seems to have lesser issues than XUV. I agree with members' comments that Innova should have been seen while launching these, especially XUV.

At the end of the day, I still doubt whether it is worth spending over 10-11L on Tata or M & M. Maruti is already no-no over 8L !

^^^ As usual, there was nothing relevant in your post except your usual attempt to demean Indian manufacturers.

If you did not realize, this thread is to discuss why the XUV took off in comparison to Aria... You can rant endlessly in some new thread please. Please dont give the MODS a reason to close this thread also.

Thread Starter #57

You need to own a Toyota car buddy and you yourself will say that such cars also exist in the world in which we do "Fill it,shut it and forget it"..just add the fuel and run the car(Ignore the minor parts replacement as they are in every car,but in Toyota cars they are very less).
My Innova ownership says the same and I think even Raj will also say the same,his Innova has covered over a lac kms,HASSLE FREE..[clap]

Well,I saw the list again and there is one more point that I noted down:-
Most of the XUVs have been facing an issue with the ICE and the remedy recommended is the new software upgrade.
As much I remember there have been 2-3 upgraded already done and still the problem is as it is,so why doesn't M&M offer any another type of ICE in the car?
BTW,which ICE we get in the XUV(I am talking of the company like Alpine,JBL etc etc)Or its a Chinese one?

About Aria:
Have Tata silently made any minor changes in Aria?Because the number of complains has now significantly decreased or maybe the 4X4 has most of the issues.

Last edited:

Comparatively hassle free or less hassles from XUV can be expected once M & M launches W4 [;)].

Thread Starter #59

Comparatively hassle free or less hassles from XUV can be expected once M & M launches W4 [;)].
+100
Lesser the electronic components,lesser are the issues.
Or they should offer a W10 variant with better quality of plastic,electronics etc.

Its the thing which has made aria 4X2 also quite hassle free(Note:I said 'quite' hassle free),its what makes Scorpio a reliable vehicle because instead of having many fancy gadgets(say low quality fancy gadgets)the car has all it needs.

About Aria:
Have Tata silently made any minor changes in Aria?Because the number of complains has now significantly decreased or maybe the 4X4 has most of the issues.
Tata keeps doing it when they see the they are loosing the ground to play.

They could never get away with "first impression is best one" thingie.

Top Bottom