Why Are Indian Ambulances & PCRs Ill-Equipped?

Are Indian Ambulances and PCRs ill-equipped?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

This question comes to my mind very often when I venture on road and see a ill-maintained Ambulance or a ill-maintained PCR. As we all know traffic congestion is one of the most serious issues in India and the percentage of road-accidents is severely high on Indian roads then why still our ambulances and PCR's lack state of art facilities which can be really helpful in saving a life?

In foreign countries in case of an accident, the interceptor promptly reacts and so does the medical service team but in our country these services are mostly ignored. Why are these 2 most important vehicles kept in such ill-maintained conditions?

Most of the private hospitals have externally well kept Ambulances but they are not properly equipped from within. Is it the cost factor or the mere human psychology that gives such an important aspect of road safety the least importance?

Similarly, The PCR's are in worst condition in India. Pick any PCR in any part of India and it wont be a surprise that it would be a PCR for namesake and technically really ill-equipped.

I would like to know your comments on the same!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
honestly speaking ambulance should be replaced with choppers in India.
The way traffic behaves in India i think its the best option.
In foreign countries they promptly react when they hear siren but in India they will stand like dumb n deaf.
so either ambulance should like ICU/ICCU with doctor or chopper for fast pick up n drop.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

An important update!

Delhi Police Vans Finally Go HI-Tech

traffic-1_650_030815091559.jpg

In order to curb the menace of traffic violation by drivers, the Delhi Police PCR vans shall now be equipped with Dash Cams to track the offender and provide the challan. Earlier, the PCR Vans were not that technically updated so it was often a cake walk for the offenders to walk away/escape from traffic police.

Special Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Muktesh Chander has already installed the equipment in his car and has challaned more than 500 people so far.

"My official car is equipped with this unique technology. This is not new but a better way to get evidence of the offence. The software is connected with the GPS so that it also provides details such as location, date, time, and speed of the car. The camera has also got audio-recording facility so that it helps in recalling details," Chander told
Link

Regards

Akash

The reason behind the ill equipped Ambulance is the same as that of the society.All our government services are need based rather than standardized. Its a pity a common man may die because of lack of oxygen but a politician will never die because they had identified the "need" and for them help is very near. When you don't have standard practices and want to live based on some sahibs whims and fancies,this is out to happen.

Top Bottom