"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

Thread Starter #122
Thanks to you both @bhvm and @VISHNUCARCRAZY ,
Will surely check it whenever I'm free tomorrow or coming Sunday and update you.
Update**
Car has completed 89k kilometres and running strong without toooo much niggles and all.
Well my area has some type of people who dont even have license but dare to wake the inner lion of common people.
Today a Innova driver cuts me, his my bumper slightly and managed to flee on the highway. Leave aside all lessons this time someone hit my car and then run away.
I changed my route and tried stopping him Just like American road rage videos. Came on his front left side and managed to stop him "In MIDDLE OF HIGHWAY".
Traffic stopped, he didnt dare to come out as he knew i would go mad on him.he again tried to flee but a motorcycle stopped him. I told him to drive slowly and showed him what he did (well they were only few scratches but he fleed so i HAD TO STOP HIM. This time he had family with him who were kind of scared so he just said sorry to him and i let him go. Sometimes people do make mistakes but apologise so we should let them go.
Anyways, i , then came back home with more scratches on my car!!!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Man this is scary! Looks like the areas you drive around are filled with Mor0ns!
This thread is pretty new and I have already read 3 or so mishaps!

BTW now I think your clutch is fine because you could race that Innova in NFS style?

Thread Starter #124
Nopes, still i had to bang my head on clutch to engage the gear!! And just 1 downshift was required to catch that Innova Crysta driver, BTW i had to convert my exhaust of car into a factory because it belches to much smoke when revved in 2nd or 3rd gear.
It was not simple NFS style, it was NFS most wanted edition!!
Today i got to know the capabilities of my car when i pressed the pedal to metal.

Thread Starter #126
Did a tankfull again and the mileage for last tankful is around 10.6 kmpl only as i did 402 kilometres on last tank.
IMG_20190410_204307.jpg

bhvm

Honoured Member
Surely it will.
Drive sedately at 80-90 after the reset and ECU will relearn that you are expecting FE.

I think poor FE happened because ECU was expecting you to drive in NFS mode after innova incident.

Thread Starter #131
Just did a Chandigarh-Chintpurni trip 2-3 days ago.
Car behaved very well with 80% AC. Gave around 17.6 kmpl on a tank to tank. Thanks to @bhvm Sir.
But, one issue started happening, when i was around 70 kilometers from home, i stopped at a toll tax and the guy collecting toll tax told me that smoke was coming from the hood. Immediately after giving toll i stopped few metres ahead and found a pipe was leaking Diesel which was making smoke. Another interesting thing was that the engine cover was completely covered with strange green color.
Gave the car for repair to trusted FNG. He made a bill of Rs. 550 and told that some pipe's lock was broken which was pushing out diesel and was changed. The car is running fine now.

Another Update : Car has completed 92,000 kilometers mark and is now reaching 93,000 kilometers.

Thanks to you both @bhvm and @VISHNUCARCRAZY ,
Will surely check it whenever I'm free tomorrow or coming Sunday and update you.
Update**
Car has completed 89k kilometres and running strong without toooo much niggles and all.
Well my area has some type of people who dont even have license but dare to wake the inner lion of common people.
Today a Innova driver cuts me, his my bumper slightly and managed to flee on the highway. Leave aside all lessons this time someone hit my car and then run away.
I changed my route and tried stopping him Just like American road rage videos. Came on his front left side and managed to stop him "In MIDDLE OF HIGHWAY".
Traffic stopped, he didnt dare to come out as he knew i would go mad on him.he again tried to flee but a motorcycle stopped him. I told him to drive slowly and showed him what he did (well they were only few scratches but he fleed so i HAD TO STOP HIM. This time he had family with him who were kind of scared so he just said sorry to him and i let him go. Sometimes people do make mistakes but apologise so we should let them go.
Anyways, i , then came back home with more scratches on my car!!!
Man, this is a dangerous situation and I wouldn't suggest to chase other cars in anger. It can lead to even nastier accidents. It happened once to me, wasn't a pleasant experience.

Momentary anger should be controlled on the road. Even if he damages your car, there is always insurance to cover it, but your chasing him may cost bigger. Also please don't stop in the middle of the highway. It is not safe and also extremely inconvenient for fellow road users who might not be involved in any way, but are forced to stop/slow down for the fight of others.

I have learned my lesson in hard way. :oops:

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Im glad that your FE was resolved. About Diesel leaking it might be possible that rubber pipes/ Joints have become hard & Brittle.
Green color is coolant. A thorough inspection of pipes should be in Order. BTW I run my Safari without engine cover, as I can keep an Eye on the leaks when topping up washer fluid etc normally checking.

Thread Starter #134
Car is at 96,700 Kilometers guys!, and i am hoping that it would reach it's 100k mark in next 1 month easily.
Issues that happened in midst:
1. The clutch issue i told you all started happening again and now it even left me stranded in particular gears many times ( particularly 1st 3rd and Reverse). Went to my FNG and he changed clutch plate and another part whose name i forgot :( . Issue got fixed!
2. The AC is not at all effective even at the max 5th level. I'm kinda' thinking of a DIY rear AC Vent. (Need help from you guys, please comment about it)
Bad Happenings:
1. While i was crossing a railway crossing, it has a very big hump. I crossed it and a Bolero Pickup behind me went into my rear bumper (i think he over-accelerated) . Thankfully he only managed to put a very small scratch as he turned the sterring so it only mildly touched my car. this time i didnt bother getting out or anything. so i just continued my journey.
2. On a red light, i was stopped and a biker started honking as he was mad. He continued intermediate honking for almost all the time till the light was Red. just as the light was about to be green, I opened my window and gave my hand signal to him to go from whatever space there is. Just as he was about to come near me i turned my car slightly towards him, and his Bike's handle got stuck at my RHS Mirror. I got to know about a secret feature of my car!! The mirror can be closed the opposite side also! Nothing happeed to the biker and he went ahead. Another biker who was watching him came to my window and told me to open it. i opened window a bit. and he told me in Hindi " You did right to him."!

So, guys please help me on the AC part.

Top Bottom