White Mischief Replaces Black Dog. Skoda Rapid TDi Almost Here.

Thread Starter #1
3 years and 70000kms of driving my Hyundai I10(Stone black, hence the name) and finally I had to get a diesel vehicle. The search began about a month ago.

NOTE: All observations below are my own. No offence meant to anyone

Cars not considered

Tata Manza: Its a peculiar car, everyone suggests you to buy it, but none of those guys ever buys it. The space was amazing, but the interiors looked plain cheap.

Hyundai Verna: My friend has one and i hate it for the ground clearance(the noise it creates is scary) and the overdose of curves. Also having heard of the high speed dynamics, it would not be considered. Also was beyond my budget.

New Ford Fiesta: Grossly overpriced and too curvy

Swift Dzire: I cant wait for 6 months

The contenders

Ford Fiesta Classic: Awesome drivability and oodles of freebies, i almost booked this car, despite the lack of power and chances of it being phased out.

Nissan Sunny: Loved the space, loved the features. Hated the arrogance of Shahwar Nissan, who offered me the Micra(cos it has the same engine) for a test drive. Simply walked out of there.

Fiat Linea: Absolutely loved this car and would have bought it, if not for the head room at the back. I did not feel it was underpowered and the car was a pleasure to drive and without doubt the best looker.

Toyota Etios: A good value for money car with excellent mileage. But somehow did not like the fit and finish of this car. Also lack of outright power.

VW Vento: I liked rapid better & was more VFM. Interiors are more practical in the rapid.

And the Winner is Skoda Rapid

What I like

Brilliantly stable and good suspension setup

Amazing to drive(for the 3km i drove)

I understood what feeling planted means(something i never knew after driving an i10) [lol]

Super cool looks(compared to the curvy Vernas)

The driver arm rest is real comfortable, compared to any other car.

What I dont like

The transmission hump at the rear(where the hell will my dog sit)

And finally I will be getting my White(hence the name) Skoda tomorrow evening.[clap]

Hope to add some pictures and all soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aditya welcome to TAI and a good choice!
Though personally i prefer the black dog to the white mischief, err are we talking abt cars [;)]

Looking forward to more pics and ownership review, congrats again!

Just the name of the thread is going to keep me hooked to it !!

Last edited:
Welcome to TAI Aditya and congratulations for your new Rapid.

It's a nice car indeed and nice color selection as well.

Will be looking forward for the ownership review with some nice pictures of the white Mischief.

Congrats for the upgrade Aditya.Rapid is really the best driver's-car in this segment if you think diesel.I too have one in my circle,though I have experienced it quite less but its always fun whenever I drive it.

BTW,the thread title is even more interesting.At least it forced me to click on it in just one read.

Congrats for your new ride aditya.
What a catchy title you put up on your thread[clap],will be following the thread as the start is good.

Hey dude, Congratzz for your new Rapid. Now as you get your delivery Rapidly. We require lotz of pics and initial ownership review also rapidly.[thumbswink]

congos aditya, rapid is an awesome machine, even i was about to buy one but dealer network turned it off for me. hope u have good times and post some pictures soon.

what deal you got with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Aditya.

Rapid is one of the vehicles on road that I really like. Looks beautiful and strong at same time.

Great choice man.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks guys for the wishes. The delivery got delayed due to some issues with the insurance. I will get the car on Friday the 13th [evil]

Congrat's Aditya, What was the final on-road cost? any discount's on offer?
congos aditya, rapid is an awesome machine, even i was about to buy one but dealer network turned it off for me. hope u have good times and post some pictures soon.

what deal you got with it?

I got reverse parking sensors, music system & leather seats and a corporate discount of 15K.

Top Bottom