White Beauty Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX CRDi

Thread Starter #1
It all started on a quite Sunday, dad and me were watching TV. It was a normal Sunday until we saw a news flashing on the TV that the prices of petrol have gone up from Rs70/L to Rs 73/L . The fuel prices were increased thrice in two months and at that time we decided to change our 4 year old yet capable Honda City ZX. I called it capable because HC gave us uncompromised comfort, excellent fuel economy and it was a status symbol. We decided to go for a diesel sedan as petrol prices had hit the rooftop, I had decided to go for a diesel Honda but soon shelved it as their launch was around early 2013.So we had two options now Volkswagen Vento and Hyundai Verna. It was my luck that a close friend had recently purchased the Vento so I got a really good look of the car. The design was completely German and sophisticated which I personally didn’t liked, the car was almost same as the polo the only difference was the boot, even the interiors where totally like the polo which according were a big turnoff for a car priced 10 lakhs. The cabin was spacious but the engine noise spoiled everything.

So after removing the Vento from the list it was the Verna that was left. As soon as we entered the showroom we were greeted by the silver Verna and god it looked absolutely amazing.

The Verna was no more an ugly duckling like the previous generation Verna, it was beautiful. The curves were perfect, the lines were crisp and the L shaped fog lamps were absolutely stunning. Hyundai had finally learned that in India cars don’t only sell by their value-for-money feature but by good looks also and in case of the Verna the long 8 months waiting said it all. I was totally smitten by its looks and its beautiful design. Then we requested the sales manager for a test drive of 1.6 crdi sx version and within ten minutes the car was ready for a test drive . The test car had a crystal white paintjob and it was awesome, at that very moment I had decided to buy a crystal white Verna. The interiors were just fabulous, black and beige color theme looked very up market, centre console was neatly designed. The front seats were big and comfortable even more than a Honda City and the legroom was just amazing. The rear bench was also very comfortable but only for 2 adults and a small kid due to the weird hump on the middle seat, the shoulder room and knee room was decent but the window was too high. The qualities of materials used in this car are really impressive. Features wise this car is laden with more features than a Merc C class, all wheel disc break with ABS and EBD, 6 airbags and start stop button(for SX(O)), cooled glove box, automatic climate control, rear view camera and parking censors, auto dimming rear view mirrors.

So after checking out the interiors and the features we set out for a test drive, pressed the button but nothing happened no engine noise, no vibrations, we thought that the car didn’t started but then we some to know this cars amazingly insulated cabin, there is not even a hint of engine noise inside the cabin. So finally I slotted in the reverse gear [drive] and voila the rear mirror doubles as the screen for the rear view camera, the camera and the parking sensors are a boon in parking the car in tight spots in Mumbai. And also there is a button on the gear stick which is used to engage the reverse gear, this button is really useful for those people who sometimes put the reverse gear thinking it as the first gear on 6 speed gearbox cars. The car is super smooth and runs like dream machine. Although the suspension is soft but it is still manageable as the suspension feels uneasy only when the car is drove on pothole laden roads at a high speed and I don’t think that anybody will do this on the roads of Mumbai . The steering is light and precise which is very useful in Mumbai traffic. Though it does not gives the driver the confidence to go over 150kmph, which is not a big problem for me as I drive only till 120 or 130.

Thus a week later we finally booked our white beauty, the 1.6 SX. Paid the booking amount of Rs.75,000 and then was told that the waiting period is 5 months [frustration] and got only the mats as freebies. Then headed to the accessories section where the sales person gave us the accessories list. Out of the huge accessories list I’m going to get only
Teflon coating = 4k
Xenon HID = 18k
Sunroof (maybe) = 60k
LED scuff plates = 1.5k
Leatherette seat covers = 8k
Car cover = 1k
Sun film = around 20k
Underbody coating = 3.5k

Its 4 weeks since I have booked my beauty and there is still a long wait of 4 months left. Damn why don’t Hyundai increase their production.

Attachments

Re: white beauty fluidic Verna 1.6 SX crdi

Hi, ronak congratulations for your verna its a great car and complete package from hyundai. Verna was our prime choice during our recent car purchase but had to drop it due to crazy waiting periods (8 months in my city) and got a Vento highline.

As you said you are thinking about a sunroof installation i would personally advice you against it as it will be done at the dealers end and it will lack the fit and finish of the company fitted one and will give you reliability issues in the long run such as leakages
Also installing a sunroof is a highly skill job as the strengthening of the roof as to be done so that it can take the weight of the car in case of a rollover.
But at the end its your car and choice you should decide what your heart says[:)]

Thread Starter #4
Re: white beauty fluidic Verna 1.6 SX crdi

hey thnx @anirban_i20. well that's what bugging me about the sunroof. even dealer accessories cant be trustfull. so its better that i dont go for it. cause i dont want to loose my cars reliability and warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely right reliability is the main concern thats why i went for company provided sunroof in my i20 asta and the funny part was it was cheaper as compared to dealers own quote.

Thread Starter #6
i was also shocked after hearing the sunroof price as it is not company fitted RS 60K. webesto sunroof comes for 45k.

Welcome to fluidic club ronak. Nice to see that you started thread though you are waiting for the delivery. I am also planning to start new thread of ownwership of 3000kms. But till date i couldn't take out the time.

The accessories prices quoted by your dealer are on very higher side. Sunfilm and leatherette seats quoted price to expensive. Have decided to upgrade the ICE.

Cheers

Thread Starter #8
I know the prices are high but i'm comfortable unless it doesnt hamper the warranty....and m going to upgrade my speakers.....

Ronak congrats, Tell us more about dealer experience and cost details.
Also don't forget PDI

Congrats man and welcome to the club. White Verna looks amazing. Even I myself booked a Verna Crdi Carbon Grey Sx on 24th October and was told the official waiting period is like 5 months but will get the car in 3-4 months time. Lets hope we both get our cars ASAP cause as far as I know no one is getting the car on the time. Lastly did you ask the other dealers what was the waiting period for the car cause in Kolkata one said 6 months other said 10 months.

hey congrats buddy , one more which i want ask every one that if i get verna 1.6 sx crdi of 22.10 .11 manufactured should i buy it or wait for November made .

Thread Starter #12
@shubham i think you should go for the october made verna because there is no guarantee that you will get the november model...... @amit agarwal 1 dealer told me 9 months and a family friend who himself is a dealer promised me the car in 4-5 months

@shubham i think you should go for the october made verna because there is no guarantee that you will get the november model...... @amit agarwal 1 dealer told me 9 months and a family friend who himself is a dealer promised me the car in 4-5 months
oh i think iam lucky then

Thread Starter #14
Here are the few accessories offered by my dealer

antirust coating full body = rs 4000
P U coating (whats this ??) = Rs 1400
V kool sunfilms = Rs 20000 to rs 36000
blaupunkt sunfilms (are this sunfilms good ??) = Rs 3200 to Rs 10000

blaupunkt?? never even heard about it all i know is blaupaunkt makes stereo systems
sunflims price seem to be on the higher side 36000 [surprise]
I got my sunflims from VW for around 8000 for front and all four windows they are of llumar brand.

Top Bottom