Which SUV To Buy - Safari or Scorpio?

Re: Which SUV to buy- Safari or Scorpio?

@ Superbad yeah man it lacks the cosmetics upgrade. .like come on.. look at that squary box , got nothing that attracts.

@ Singh bro : Am sure you have driven American cars :p, ever got a chance to drive/ride in SUV's ther?

you are not alone.almost half of europe thinks so.
Also the storme seems to have an identity crisis of sorts. It wants to look understated as well as butch. In the end it fails at both.
Can you provide a source through which even we can know which half part of the Europe thinks strome is ugly ?

Some recent motor show in europe which voted it the ugliest car.
Will have to search for that though.

Yes it is some blogspot which have given a racial view by 1 person about the strome and the same blog has also declared a porshe car ugly too . So in that account how can you claim half of Europe finds the strome ugly ? There are some blogs which have praised the strome as a no nonsense looking car too.
In general looks are subjective some1 may find a car good looking and some 1 finds the same car ugly but claiming half of Europe finds strome ugly is simply taking perceived imagination to its limits .

To the original op - if you intend to use the suv on weekends for long drives with family go for the safari. If it is mixed use of city and highway Scorpio is the best bet.
If you can wait will better because then you can choose between duster, strome,safari,Scorpio.
Best will be to take your family also along with you at times family satisfaction goes a long way in selecting a car.
Do let us know what you finally decide.

Last edited by a moderator:

If the choice is between the current Safari and the Scorpio, I would opt for the Scorpio.

But from the reviews, the Safari Storme seems to be a better car when compared to the Scorpio. Yes, its a new car and we dont really know the maintainence and reliability aspects of it, but its worth a look atleast.

Haha,if highway stability and comfort is the top choice then its Safari any day.
But if city driving is the top priority then its the Scorpy.Is really beats Safari in cities.

BTW,how much weight has Safari Storme shedded?

@ Singh bro : Am sure you have driven American cars :p, ever got a chance to drive/ride in SUV's ther?
Yes bro i have driven quite a few no. of SUVs in US like: Honda Pilot, Lexus RX350, new SantaFe, Toyota 4 Runner, Cadillac Escalade and the most recent one is Porsche Cayenne.

The reason i like Strome is because i am a Safari Fan and the new Safari Strome looks cooler and should have less niggles then the current safari. The reason i like Safari is because it's really comfortable and i personally don't find an other SUV in 20L range as comfortable as Safari.

I have driven Endy, Scorpio, Safari, Tavera, Innova but i felt Safari the most comfortable. And i am talking about 2008 because after that i haven't been to India.

We cannot judge a car because of one motor show or a blog. And now if TATA plans to launch the Strome in US then obviously it will not make a good impact because of the current SUVs present in the US market. Because there is very large variety in US. So is in Europe.

Haha,if highway stability and comfort is the top choice then its Safari any day.
But if city driving is the top priority then its the Scorpy.Is really beats Safari in cities.

BTW,how much weight has Safari Storme shedded?
+100 to Highway Stability and Comfort.

@ Singh890- about comfort you are so spot on I and my dad took test drive of xuv, safari and aria and yeti ,he dosent drive so I was driving in the end he said in all cars the best comfort was in safari he said he felt so comfertable and the siting positing back support was perfect and insisted me to go for it . I loved the driving seat too super comfertable but then Scorpio is not behind in that too.
My only problem with Scorpio is middle seat I feel it's too cramped. I have driven only the automatic Scorpio so don't know how the manual drives but I guess must be fun .
Have you driven the Scorpio ?

Mods please merge my post with the above post sorry.
Singh890- +1000 it was not the motor show which declared the strome ugly ,it was one blog which claimed it to be ugly who did the coverage of Geneva motor show . And this blog is some cheap blog it was not something like top gear or autocar uk . And I still don't understand how half of the Europe feels strome ugly as if their was a poll outside the booth of tata motors. To make even claims like this is ridiculous and is not a sign of true auto lover.

@ Singh890- about comfort you are so spot on I and my dad took test drive of xuv, safari and aria and yeti ,he dosent drive so I was driving in the end he said in all cars the best comfort was in safari he said he felt so comfertable and the siting positing back support was perfect and insisted me to go for it . I loved the driving seat too super comfertable but then Scorpio is not behind in that too.
My only problem with Scorpio is middle seat I feel it's too cramped. I have driven only the automatic Scorpio so don't know how the manual drives but I guess must be fun .
Have you driven the Scorpio ?
Yes buddy as i said before Safari is the most comfortable SUV for me under 20L range.

And yes i have driven the Scorpio, but i did in 2008. Driving a manual is fun though. But i personally don't like Scorpio for its middle seat and interiors (shape of the ac vents) and the gear lever. Now that's my personal thoughts not saying it's a bad car or so.

Mods please merge my post with the above post sorry.
Singh890- +1000 it was not the motor show which declared the strome ugly ,it was one blog which claimed it to be ugly who did the coverage of Geneva motor show . And this blog is some cheap blog it was not something like top gear or autocar uk . And I still don't understand how half of the Europe feels strome ugly as if their was a poll outside the booth of tata motors. To make even claims like this is ridiculous and is not a sign of true auto lover.
Exactly we can just follow some random cheap blog and say that Strome is the most ugly car in Europe.

Yes buddy as i said before Safari is the most comfortable SUV for me under 20L range.
Have you driven/been chauffeured in an Aria?If no,then do it today itself.

And yes i have driven the Scorpio, but i did in 2008. Driving a manual is fun though. But i personally don't like Scorpio for its middle seat and interiors (shape of the ac vents) and the gear lever. Now that's my personal thoughts not saying it's a bad car or so.
Actually the only issue I feel with Scorpio is:-
Safari seems to roll a lot,but Scorpio really rolls a lot.Safari seems like it will topple but Scorpio topples in the same time(My personal experience of toppling a Scorpio but Safari passed the same place and at higher speeds but just rolled to the scaring levels).
Scorpio's overall built looks flimsy to me in front of Safari(my personal opinion)and then there is a lot of difference in the ambience of the cabin of both.

Have you driven/been chauffeured in an Aria?If no,then do it today itself.

Actually the only issue I feel with Scorpio is:-
Safari seems to roll a lot,but Scorpio really rolls a lot.Safari seems like it will topple but Scorpio topples in the same time(My personal experience of toppling a Scorpio but Safari passed the same place and at higher speeds but just rolled to the scaring levels).
Scorpio's overall built looks flimsy to me in front of Safari(my personal opinion)and then there is a lot of difference in the ambience of the cabin of both.
Safari is more comfertable I agree but I think interiors on the Scorpio are better it's my opinion .

Top Bottom