Which States / Cities in India Need To Implement Odd-Even Traffic Rule?

Which states/cities of India need Odd-Even Traffic Rule?

• Mumbai

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Kolkata

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangalore

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Chennai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any Other (Please Specify in Post)

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

As the Delhi Govt. has implemented the round 2 of its "ODD-EVEN" traffic scheme in which the odd numbered cars drive on 1 day and even numbered cars drive on other day thereby reducing congestion and to some extent the pollution levels so lets have a discussion here as to which all states of India apart from New Delhi do need this rule to be implemented. Also, do write in about how this rule will benefit and also the possible short comings if its implemented in your city/state.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Which states/cities in India need to implement Odd-Even Traffic Rule?

1. absolutely none. I do not believe in this rule. it's more of a hurdle than anything.

2. road transportation is not developed in many states. and leaving Few A class cities, it's horrible In others.

3. people HAVE to go to work/college/functions and nothing is more convinient than own car. this rule forces people to try unsafe & uncomfortable Means of travel like biking etc. it will simply increase bikes on road.

stopping people from doing their duties is no one's Business.

4. chances of robbery, molestation,rapes is much higher in public transport. it also does not Help people with allergies/sensitive health etc.

5. public transport is often ill maintained and causes more pollution than private cars. I can always see bursts of smoke coming from Old tattered govt buses, stupid rickshaws and even diesel train engines.

I won't be surprised if 10 BMW 320d pollute far less than 1 I'll maintained govt bus

No city needs to go through this odd even scheme. It is a mere invitation for inconvenience. The people who do not complain generally have 3-4 cars themselves and they are covered hence to them they are in support since they on get no traffic. But what about the rest? Some bikes pollute so much yet they are exempt. Buses Trucks and what not cause pollution but no it makes a lot of sense to make the lives of the regular commuter in pathetic state. I absolutely do not understand the point of this scheme aside from bringing in more inconvenience. I would support odd even if public transport was much much more efficient than it was right now. But it isnt and this scheme is not apt for the current infrastructure. We copy schemes from abroad but don't see the facilities abroad.

That's like watching half a movie and assuming the rest of the half since you think you know the main characters...

Atleast not in chennai. As far as pollution goes, cars do not pollute much compared to goverment bus or a gargabe truck.

As far as congestion, main reason for congestion is mainly due to potholed roads(it's not so worse). If the state govt can concentrate on improving road conditions, congestion can be taken here.I feel the rush has gone down due to the introduction of metro railways. If this service can be extended and more trains running, surely congestion comes down.

Odd-even is something that needs to be tried in Bangalore. Bangalore's infrastructure is bursting at its seams. As a single car owner, I know I will be inconvenienced but I believe it should atleast be tried and we need to look at it from a positive light

Wow, all have same views till now. I am with you all. Dear respected CM, I read you are an IITan but now I believe you have a forged degree. This is just stupid on part of delhi government. Mr CM, have you read the report of IIT on pollution by vehicles. My guess is now you do not believe on IIT reports as you have moved to politics from Engineering. Stop this gimmicks and harassing lovely people of delhi. We Delhites have shown a lot of patience but do not test our limits.

Do I need to say anything else?

bhvm

Honoured Member

adding to what pravin said,
major reason for encroachment is food stall & shopkeepers who have simply put their stuff far on the road. hawkers selling cheap foodstuffs park on the pavement/road like it's their own property.

this behaviour also invites bikers/customers to haphazardly park their vehicles for getting these cheap Service/goods. as a end result- something like 2 lane road converts into less than 1 lane.

politicans, high official of govt vechiles cause congestion than more than anything else. I were to cross the path of the CM convey to go through to office. still the arrival of CM convey, the traffic flow was decent. But when vechiles are stopped for CM convey, traffic gets stuck.

Once the convey is gone, it's a night mare for the commuters. Same thing happened the AC of police car passed through a signal even when it was in red. Traffic was moving from opposite direction suddenly his car cuts through with a blarring siren.

Both the EX and present CM convey has more than 11 vechiles that too suv with high speed driving. I wonder why so much security as if they are commuting in pakistan.

Since my office commute involves passing through the important place, the same is the thing with police, high end government officials, Court judges and every one are the same in violating traffic.

Top Bottom