Which Sedan To Buy?

Thread Starter #1
My Budget: 12 to 20 lakhs

My Location: Will be buying the car in Kolkata

Top 5 Priorities: Good Engine, Fully Loaded, Comfortable

Monthly Running: Not fixed. Can clock 200kms or can even clock 4-5k kms

For Which Purpose: My personal wheels, will be using it just like that for normal stuff.

Max.Seating Capacity: 5

Priority Of Fuel Type: Petrol and Diesel both will do for me

Body Type: Sedan

So guys, I am planning to buy a new sedan for myself from last 6 months. Was going to book the Laura vRS in December but then cancelled it due to some sudden loss in business but now I am back in the market again and looking for a new car.

I will book the car in June mid and I am thinking of checking out few cars and the reason behind checking them out:
1) Hyundai Sonata Fluidic: The main reason, I am a loyal Hyundai owner and have owned all Hyundai cars. Loved its exterior and interior both and after seeing SRK driving it in Don 2 seriously in love with it.

2)Skoda Laura vRS: Well, I don't think I need to mention the reason behind this.

3) Volkswagen Jetta: Pretty decent looking car. Sober and elegant with a great engine.

4) Renault Fluence: A really good looking product with that French flair.

5) Skoda Yeti: Was amazed to see it Top Gear's review. It can do wonders !

so, above I mentioned cars that I will be checking out but if you have any other car in mind do tell me. I am not going to buy Skoda Superb or Chevrolet Cruze because seriously hate both. So, if any other car in your mind will definately take a look at it. Help me get the best car guys. [:)]

I would suggest you also take a look at Honda Accord as it's carrying a big discount tag around it's neck.It's a well built car with a bomb proof Engine.

Well. Congrats on coming back in the market. You'll find a good range of sedans in 12-20 lakh range. Considering your monthly run, I would suggest you go for diesel cars. Because they are more advanced, and economical.
All the cars in your list are promising (Except Yeti, Its not a sedan!).
Do a comparison of all the features of these cars.
Check for after sales service
Maintenance cost has to be considered.
And yes, compare there price.

@ Visran: What is meant by bomb proof engine!! [lol]

I would say go with the Laura. Nice car with plenty of features, looks elegant and classy. Available in Diesel as well.

Out of your list it will be Yeti on the top for me.Second will come Jetta TDi A/T and third will come Laura TSi.

And if I am to buy any car in this price bracket then I'd have gone out and bought a Corolla VVT-i any day.Because now I know all these cars quite well.Maybe my choice is different but then every person is different.

Rest,TSi is the performance bomb,no doubt and if you want to have fun with diesel engine then add Laura TDi A/T to your list.

Thread Starter #7
I would suggest you also take a look at Honda Accord as it's carrying a big discount tag around it's neck.It's a well built car with a bomb proof Engine.
Its dated and I already own a Accord V6 so no point buying it. Its very less loaded too so not really worth the money.

Thread Starter #8
@Nozzlering

Yup, but considering Yeti because its an excellent product.

@All

guys, even I am keen towards Laura and Jetta but instead of buying the vRS I am thinking of spending a bit more and buy the Sonata.

Buddy you have got performance bombs in your garage,then why not something decent now?
Yeti,Laura makes sense but the new Sonata sounds very promising.Just go and check it out and if you feel is not for you then take my word and since you have entered this territory then why not spend one lac more and get a Superb TSi M/T?(Time didn't favored me else I'd have got one for me till date,but no issue will get something even bigger now)

I am also a businessman and I know that making changes of a lac or two does not matter that much during any deals,just a phone call away they are all the time.

Thread Starter #10
Buddy you have got performance bombs in your garage,then why not something decent now?
Yeti,Laura makes sense but the new Sonata sounds very promising.Just go and check it out and if you feel is not for you then take my word and since you have entered this territory then why not spend one lac more and get a Superb TSi M/T?(Time didn't favored me else I'd have got one for me till date,but no issue will get something even bigger now)

I am also a businessman and I know that making changes of a lac or two does not matter that much during any deals,just a phone call away they are all the time.
bro, frankly I just hate the Superb. No reasons behind that but never liked it.
So, not going to buy the Superb. :stupid:

Then go and get either Yeti or Laura vRS or Laura TSi...
The TSi will steal your heart.Although it doesn't have the performance of the 3.0 TDi but still TSi holds its position quite good.
At least it can give Accord V6 a hard time if raced against it.

Else...END OF LIST FOR ME...

bro dont fall the topgear's review. the euro spec is the awesome one that they show in the video. haha still get a Laura vRS. its the bomb. or how about a used 3 series. its diesel and boy it handles on rails. haha

Skoda and VW looks alright to me

do you get DSG models of Jetta there ?
they are petrol and turbo charged FWD .

how much will it cost you to get a basic service for it .

please do consider the replacement parts as well because thats another thing you have to remember .

Yeti to me appears to be OVER RATED in india specially because its just too expensive for what it actually worths.

Top Bottom