Which Sedan to Buy???

Well then finally 3 cars!

I prefer cars in the order: Linea , SX4 and finally City!

TD all three cars and then decide which suits you well!
Dhaya though Honda city has looks and performance it has worst GC.
That too in a city like bengalooru you can notice some of the worst humps ,which these Hcity's are suffering.
But SX4 & Linea surpasses city in GC.

Dhaya though Honda city has looks and performance it has worst GC.
That too in a city like bengalooru you can notice some of the worst humps ,which these Hcity's are suffering.
But SX4 & Linea surpasses city in GC.
I beg to disagree, but HC doesnt have that severe problem of GC as it is said on forums. I live at a place where still some roads are "kuccha"(unbuilt). I have been using my City since 5yrs, and till date i havent ever dented my underbody(not even driver who is quite rash). If try to run over the speed breakers at relatively good speeds then even a car with good GC will kiss the bumps. Even dads office car Accord doesnt face much problems on big bumps. Its just that you need to slow down on breaker. So dont worry about GC, its not much of a problem.

350Z

Core Team
There is only 5 mm difference between the Ground Clearance of Honda city and Fiat Linea, that is 160 mm and 165 mm respectively, where as SX4 has massive ground clearance of 180 mm.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am not sure what you can buy.. But following are my opinion on the cars listed..

maruti sx4 - 685000 lac - 740000 lac 105bhp
Stay away as its a drinker!!

hyundai accent-500000 lac - 546000 lac 95bhp
its now grandpa :)

hyundai verna - 655000 lac - 715000 lac 103bhp
Some what sensible

hyundai i20 450000 lac - 494000 lac 80bhp
Decent Car

chevy aveo 610000 lac - 662773lac 95bhp
Outdated & will be stopped very soon.

honda city 813000 lac - 877000 lac 118 bhp
Richie's favourite!

swift dzire 482000 lac - 523000 lac 85bhp
Middle man's dude!!

fiat linea 634000 lac - 692000 lac 90bhp
Best Buy & VFM.

ford fiesta 623000 lac - 680000 lac 101bhp
Real fun with great driving pleasure.

currently i am owning wagonr, would it be sensible to upgrade to new wagonr?

Please Help.
Yes, its sensible to switch over to New Wagon R as it meets BS IV norms & more fuel efficient.

Very nice compilation. Agree with each verdict of yours. Even i feel Linea is the best bet. And the new TJET will be an iceing on the cake.

I beg to disagree, but HC doesnt have that severe problem of GC as it is said on forums. I live at a place where still some roads are "kuccha"(unbuilt). I have been using my City since 5yrs, and till date i havent ever dented my underbody(not even driver who is quite rash). If try to run over the speed breakers at relatively good speeds then even a car with good GC will kiss the bumps. Even dads office car Accord doesnt face much problems on big bumps. Its just that you need to slow down on breaker. So dont worry about GC, its not much of a problem.
Well akash if you visit bangalore once you will have an idea of what i am telling.
-----------Next Post-----------
I am not sure what you can buy.. But following are my opinion on the cars listed..

maruti sx4 - 685000 lac - 740000 lac 105bhp
Stay away as its a drinker!![lol]

fiat linea 634000 lac - 692000 lac 90bhp
Best Buy & VFM.[clap]
Yes even my pick is linea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well akash if you visit bangalore once you will have an idea of what i am telling.
Well i have been to bangalore, but Citys GC is enough to tackle those roads. And really man, my place is worst. Its 60km from Nagpur. City doesnt remain in Nagpur most of the time.

EDIT- Dont feel that i am arguing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost all modern cars have GC issues, but hope with roads get better.
Bangalore roads are good, but some sudden humps doesn't leave better GC cars also. Yes but with careful driving you can ignore most of them, certainly not all.

Thread Starter #69
Almost all modern cars have GC issues, but hope with roads get better.
Bangalore roads are good, but some sudden humps doesn't leave better GC cars also. Yes but with careful driving you can ignore most of them, certainly not all.

a little stupid question from my side:stupid:what is GC issues[frustration]

a little stupid question from my side:stupid:what is GC issues[frustration]
GC refers to ground clearance , the higher the ground clearance the better because when the car is in full load the underbody is under a chance of getting scraped due to humps and speed breakers. But all the cars which you have listed almost have the same GC except for SX4 which has a huge GC!

Well i would say not to worry much about this , a little careful and sensible driving can prevent any damage to the underbody!

Thread Starter #72
after test driving all three sx4,city and linea, i found city to be a more comfartable car, it has looks,power,safety(airbags even in base model)

so i am going for city[black] soon, i will be getting this from ring road honda delhi.

Congrats anmol. City is certainly a nice car and the maintenance cost too doesnt cost a bomb. I say this because i never felt it heavy on pocket.

350Z

Core Team
In comparison to the other three, City will have slightly higher maintenance costs but now as you have finally made the decision according to your requirements, Congratulations! Do not forget to share complete story of your city, right from purchase to ownership with us here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom