Which Rims and Tyres for Swift DZire VDi?

Don't know if this is OT, but there is one Silver swift VDi in my Apartment, which has white OZ racing alloy wheel, with red discs.
It looks damn cool!

I know it's a bit late in here and gears has to shelve the tire project. Nevertheless, I would like to contribute my 2 cents.

1. The max upgrade advisable on 14" is 185 section. That's what I have opted for on my Dzire.

2. If you plan to go any wider that 185, you need 5.5" rims (LXi/LDi and VXi/VDi come with R14 5" rims. 5.5" is provided only on top end variant)

3. With increase in section width, be ready to compromise on F.E and acceleration. But the car would be awesome in tight high speed cornering and braking abilities. Since the Dzire's tail swings out at high speed cornering, this territory is mostly uncharted. Please keep in mind the Dzire doesn't have it's sibling's handling characteristics.Hence this necessarily eliminates the need for a more wider profile. Looks good I agree, but then you are compromising a lot in the bargain. Also, as others have already said, the suspension problem would eventually crop up. Stick to 185/70 R14, that's the safest bet.

Thread Starter #39
I know it's a bit late in here and gears has to shelve the tire project. Nevertheless, I would like to contribute my 2 cents.

1. The max upgrade advisable on 14" is 185 section. That's what I have opted for on my Dzire.

2. If you plan to go any wider that 185, you need 5.5" rims (LXi/LDi and VXi/VDi come with R14 5" rims. 5.5" is provided only on top end variant)

3. With increase in section width, be ready to compromise on F.E and acceleration. But the car would be awesome in tight high speed cornering and braking abilities. Since the Dzire's tail swings out at high speed cornering, this territory is mostly uncharted. Please keep in mind the Dzire doesn't have it's sibling's handling characteristics.Hence this necessarily eliminates the need for a more wider profile. Looks good I agree, but then you are compromising a lot in the bargain. Also, as others have already said, the suspension problem would eventually crop up. Stick to 185/70 R14, that's the safest bet.
Heyy thanks Sachin for the sharing the info and very sorry for a late reply!![:)]
Nwayz my search for stock 15" steel rims are on!(Corolla/Manza/ANHC rims.. whose PCD is 100!)

Will look even better on alloys i believe!

Ask him about the handling , FE and suspension issues and then decide finally.

Hey Guys! I am sorry to bump into this thread. I have a query and I thought that This would be the best place for it.
I own a Swift Ldi and am really confused whether to change my Stock Tiers or not (Have already drive 11k in last 6 months)and If yes to which Brand?

Recently I also noticed that people are running their Swift's on 15 inchers stock Carolla/ANHC rims.

Would that make any effect to car ride quality or Suspension?
And, last but not the least - what do we mean by PCD?

hi, planning to upgrade my swift vdi tires to Michelin xm2 185/70/14. wondering if that gets on the stock rim or do i need to change them too

Top Bottom