Which Rims and Tyres for Swift DZire VDi?

Thread Starter #17
Okey, so if I get 15"rims then I will go for 15"chers, but if not then will go with stock 14"chers.
So now the doubt is which size of rubber should I go for? 185/70-14 is discarded from the list. Suggest 195 or 205 range for both 14" and 15"!

I would suggest not to go for bigger rims,as after upgrading,couple of my friends had suspension problem and spent a lot of money on their cars.
My friend upgraded from 14" to 195/50/R 15 for his Swift and had the rear suspensions worn out in nearly a couple of months,as the bolts were loosened after driving on rough roads in his native place.
My other friend upgraded from 14" to 195/55/R 15 for his Fiesta,and had suspension problems on all his wheels and had to spend nearly 5k for each suspension.Though he uses his car very often,atleast 1k kms for 10 or 12 days.
After hearing their complaints,I decided to go for wider tyres and change of steel rims to light weight alloy wheels.So far,I didnt have any problem with my suspension.
I will post photo of their car's alloys in the alloys thread.

Thread Starter #19
I would suggest not to go for bigger rims,as after upgrading,couple of my friends had suspension problem and spent a lot of money on their cars.
My friend upgraded from 14" to 195/50/R 15 for his Swift and had the rear suspensions worn out in nearly a couple of months,as the bolts were loosened after driving on rough roads in his native place.
My other friend upgraded from 14" to 195/55/R 15 for his Fiesta,and had suspension problems on all his wheels and had to spend nearly 5k for each suspension.Though he uses his car very often,atleast 1k kms for 10 or 12 days.
After hearing their complaints,I decided to go for wider tyres and change of steel rims to light weight alloy wheels.So far,I didnt have any problem with my suspension.
Surendar, if suspensions are the problem then I have Extended Warranty for my DZire! The suspensions comes under it. I can get them changed for free from any maruti service centre.[;)]

Surendar, if suspensions are the problem then I have Extended Warranty for my DZire! The suspensions comes under it. I can get them changed for free from any maruti service centre.[;)]

Okay, to make it more clear, Warranty is only applicable when your vehicle is OEM. When you start modifying, your warranty is void. So please read your manuals carefully before starting your mods.

And the problem which surendar quoted can't be claimed in warranty [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #21
Okay, to make it more clear, Warranty is only applicable when your vehicle is OEM. When you start modifying, your warranty is void. So please read your manuals carefully before starting your mods.

And the problem which surendar quoted can't be claimed in warranty
Yes Zinam I know that already, read the manual for n number of times, but if I am going for 15" then I am not gonna throw away my stock rims. These rims would be fitted back to my car before going to the service centre![;)] You got the point, Who's gonna waste the extended waranty for which we have paid for during the time of purchase.[:D] And the service center guys wont even come to know that I have upgraded to 15"chers unless and untill I am gonna tell them!!

So tell me one thing, suppose if I am upgrading to 195/60/14 or 205/60/14 on stock rims, then also my warrany would be voided??

Yes Zinam I know that already, read the manual for n number of times, but if I am going for 15" then I am not gonna throw away my stock rims. These rims would be fitted back to my car before going to the service centre![;)] You got the point, Who's gonna waste the extended waranty for which we have paid for during the time of purchase.[:D] And the service center guys wont even come to know that I have upgraded to 15"chers unless and untill I am gonna tell them!!
Good, So you are pretty clear now :)

So tell me one thing, suppose if I am upgrading to 195/60/14 or 205/60/14 on stock rims, then also my warrany would be voided??
No. It will not !!

even i would recommend you to stick to the stock rims rather than damaging your suspension. I know you have extended warranty but damaging your car intentionally is not a good idea.

By increasing your tyre's width to a wider tyre,it won't cause any problem with your warranty.
I once saw a Getz with 195/55/R 15,it was looking good,but he upgraded from 13" to 15".
The service manager adviced that guy to remove those rims,otherwise do not complain of suspension problem.The owner seemed to be a young guy,the car had interior white LEDs over the roof lamps and had light blue LED strips in the front under the dash.

even i would recommend you to stick to the stock rims rather than damaging your suspension. I know you have extended warranty but damaging your car intentionally is not a good idea.

+1 to this! I suggest you stick to the tyre profile present in Zxi variant. The Dzire is designed for that and anything above that can cause damage to your vehicle!

Thread Starter #27
No updates till now Akash!
Well lack of vitamin M because the vehiche just went for a paid service 10days back and had to spend a huge bomb of Rs.14k on it![frustration] Moreover the service centre guys broke my front windshield!! (Got a huge crack). Till now messing up with the the service centre guyz.[anger] Nways I have to discuss this incident with you all so tell me should I make a new thread for the same or should I continue here only for your suggestions?
So no point of spending on tires as of now but we have to change them soon!

350Z

Core Team
Nways I have to discuss this incident with you all so tell me should I make a new thread for the same or should I continue here only for your suggestions?
Gears, Please create a new thread about the incident, We'll discuss and maybe some suggestions could be of help to you.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You can update your incident in your ownership report. And also tell us why 14k just for normal service in your ownership report itself.

Thread Starter #30
UPDATES:

First of all I wanna thank each and every member out here who helped me with this issue![thumbsup]
Now for the updates; sadly, got 2 stock tyres in more than good condition from some one and got fitted them on my ride.
(Actually one of my dad's friend own a Swift VDi, he not even once rotated the tyres, due to which his front two tyres were worn out, and the rear ones were in perfect condition, so he changed to alloys and he gave away the two rear ones with more than good condition to us! Obviously my dad liked this money saving idea and got the two for our ride! Atleast till monsons, no tyre change as of now!![cry])

Top Bottom