Which Pre-Owned Car For My Dad?

AMG

Suspended
For the discounts part, you may pick up a copy of WhatCar magazine.

Costs 50 Bucks.

though a copy of ACI may help too, but WhatCar excels in this stuff.

Guys, the tide has changed. My dad is now looking at a new car. He has short listed

Santro Xing XG
Spark
BEAT
Alto K10 (isnt a tall boy - but considered).

Guys anyone who can tell me what is the offer on Spark? Last i heard was 35K cash discounts? are there any better offers
The Santro XG was discontinued long ago, the closest you can get to it is the GLS. I have a suggestion. Why go in for a Santro when you can get an i10 for the price of the Beat? Sure, you have an i10 yourself, but another i10, say the all-new one with the new 1.0 K series engine,in the Era trim would be great for your dad!
I do not know if your dad will like the Beat's styling. I would say, he might favor the spark. Air for the LS, with its useful extras over the PS.
I don't think it is wise to have the K10 in the list. Apart from performance and FE, it doesn't have much on offer.

Wait a minute. Why not consider the all-new WagonrR LXi? It seems perfect to my mind. It has all the features he'll need, performance and FE of the Alto K10, Maruti peace of mind factor, and its a tall boy!

All the best.

EDIT: If you get discounts on the Spark, it will work out cheaper than the WagonR.

Thread Starter #34
Thanks Arkin. Yea my mistake. It is Santro GL model which is close to 4L on-road in chennai.

i10 is going to come out with Kappa 1.0 & Kappa 1.2 VVT. Well Era trim alright, but there are already 2-3 i10s in our house. i10 seem to be way too common both on the roads and in our family.

Reason for Spark / BEAT: price point and features. I am inclided towards BEAT for its features and all aluminium 4 cyl 16 valve engine. Let me get the quotes today to see which model wins our heart hands down.

Thread Starter #36
Wagon-R is a no-no from my family. Below are the quotes I got for Santro Xing GL, Spark PS and Beat PS

Santro Xing GL - 3.5L (Euro III)
Santro Xing GL - 3.65 (Euro IV)

All basic accessories like, mudflaps, door mats, sunfilm, car cover, perfume and steering cover comes as freebies.

BEAT PS - 4L (free insurance offer from KLN & Sundaram Motors, 3 years cashless benefit, 10 free services, 3 years/45k warranty)

Spark PS - 3.53L (3 years cashless benefit, 10 free services, 3 years/45k warranty)

My dad is thinking on Euro III - eRLX. What do you guys say? is there more room for bargain on the Euro 3 Xing.

350Z

Core Team
MutantX,

Good that your mind has turned over to go with a brand new car, I’d advice to go either with a Chevrolet Beat or Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R. Not sure why your family isn’t accepting it, but that’s a perfect and trustworthy model, otherwise look out for Beat, which has superior styling than any, and it’s a tall boy too. Don’t get pulled away with its sales volumes, which are more or less due to non-availability of diesel heart (Soon to come). Spark and Santro are somewhat dated models and lack the trend and excitement unlike their latest counterparts; unless new models, namely Chevy Beat and Hyundai i10 are absolutely out of reach, I do not recommend.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Why exactly does your family not prefer the WagonR?
Anyway, the Santro GL/GLS seems to be perfect. I've heard that dealers often throw a free 2 spkr or 4 spkr sony stereo in for free.

Great news that you are going for a new car.

Out of your list i will go for Beat only. It was good styling and features , and the offers you seem to get is also good. I will strike out Xing and spark as they are comparatively dated IMO. Alto K10 is a good choice too but like your i10 the streets will be flooded with K10 in no time.

Top Bottom