Which Phone is the Way to Go?

guys, the Sony Erricsson Xperia X10 & vivaz is launched at 35k & 25k respectively.

i have been waiting for these phones. now i am super confused.

both phones have 8MP camera, A-GPS, 3G, wi-fi, etc. but vivaz has a resistive touchscreen as opposed to the capacitive touchscreen of the X10. on the contrary, vivaz has a 16M colors screen & X10 has just 64k colors!

good news is that X10 offers android 2.0 (i assume thats the latest version also offered in HTC google phones). vivas comes with symbian Ver. 5. i assume & i have heard android is superior to symbian.

confusion guys!

You are confused at a high level [:)] If you are really looking for the best touch screen experience and other features, then iPhone is the best on in market now. No other product can reach the touch experience iPhone can offer.

But the iphone lacks basic features like bluetooth and the camera quality is also very poor , But Raj here is looking at a good camera phone!

@ all: sorry guys, i gave some wrong info earlier. the Xperia X10 comes with android 1.6 & not 2.0, but again good news is that X10 screen is 16M colors 'ready', its just that the present android 1.6 does not support that & hence the present X10 will work with 64k colors. but sony promises to update the phone soon with android 2.0 & 16m colors screen. i will have to wait. [frustration]

@ shynish: cooldhaya is right. i dont want iphones as it lacks many basic features i need. i need a phone which is smart to look at, has a good touch screen & a very innovative UI (unlike most symbians), is pocket friendly (atleast is value for money), has a good camera (8MP is fine) & decent music player (should have a 3.5mm jack).

the only negatives of X10 is-
* no FM radio (i never use FM!)
* no video calling (again i have 3G but its hard to use video calling in india!)
* no TV out (sad.. but i can live with it)
* feeble loudspeaker (again, i am not much bothered)
* poor audio quality (sad but i can compensate by adding high end ear phones)

linky-

X10-
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10-review-463.php

vivaz-
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_vivaz-review-447.php

No buddy, i am really not adjusting with anything. i really dont use FM & loudspeaker. regarding headphones, even my N95 has a new panasonic head phone which will find its way into the SE too!

on the contrary, if you can recommend me any other phone which offers me all that i want in a similar or less price, i will be willing to give that a try too. google phones were considered too but they offer only 5MP phones. even nokia X6 lost out because of that.

Hey, any ideas on the Videocon phones, I may be getting one as a gift (no options!!) soon, and I need to know whether to chuck it away unpacked or not!!

Hmmm my friend who was using an HTC mobile lasted only for a year , no rough handling also!! But that was a year ago things would have changed by now!!

BTW are you very keen on the 3.5mm jack?? There is a small converter like device which can be used to connect even the smaller jack phones with the Aux cable!!

Thread Starter #70
HTC is making some excellent phones recently!! I like the diamond but it is too expensve. Only drawback is that it is windows mobile and I hate windows mobile because it lags and hangs a lot!! But you can buy the HTC if you think it is good

Hey guys, my friend (a girl) needs a new phone in a budget of Rs. 10k to 15k.

the phone needs to have a touchscreen, it should have a 3 MP camera or above & it should be slim & light weight (the kind girls prefer!).

which one would you suggest?

Top Bottom