Which One To Go With: X-Box 360 + Kinect Or Play Station 3

Which one is better?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hello guys which one of the 2 is better?
And what are the approx prices of games after buying them.

My queries: Does the Xbox has Bluray as in PS3?

Whats your take on Microsoft Kinect?

And what's the space occupied by games on PS3 or Xbox?

Re: Which one to go for X-Box 360 + Kinect Or Play Station 3?

i suggest PS3. i just plainly love it. Xbox is a bit too complicated for my taste. Maybe i used PS2 before thats why. I also find joystick of Xbox too complicated but u will be havnig kinect so no issues of joystick. PS3 games can be bought as CDs or Playstation Store. I also think Xbox doesnt have Blu-Ray.

I have an Xbox 360 at home , my brother uses it. Its pretty good but does not have Blue-Ray. Each game costs from Rs.2500-3000 in Chennai. AFAIK you don't need install the games as we do in PC so don't worry about the space part , just insert the DVD and play. I think Xbox 360 which my brother has comes with 20GB. There is another model called Xbox elite which has 200GB i think.

No problems faced so far in around 2 years. Only once one button in the joystick stopped working which we repaired at a local shop.

Xbox or PS both are equally good , choice is upto you.

Thread Starter #5

I have an Xbox 360 at home , my brother uses it. Its pretty good but does not have Blue-Ray. Each game costs from Rs.2500-3000 in Chennai. AFAIK you don't need install the games as we do in PC so don't worry about the space part , just insert the DVD and play. I think Xbox 360 which my brother has comes with 20GB. There is another model called Xbox elite which has 200GB i think.

No problems faced so far in around 2 years. Only once one button in the joystick stopped working which we repaired at a local shop.

Xbox or PS both are equally good , choice is upto you.
Hello Dhaya: What was the price you had paid for X-Box.
I saw the demo of Xbox, it comes in 2 configurations.
One is 4GB costs 17 k without Kinect , another one is 250 GB costs 21k with Kinect.
So does this mean the 250 GB is just the hard disk for storing movies or songs?
And can you browse with it?

Mukesh i bought it long time back it was 23k i think , now the prices have reduced greatly. Yes the hard disk space is just for storing movies or songs. I don't know whether you can browse with it , but if you connect the modem you can go to Xbox Live.

Mukesh, I have voted for PS3 Move, because of much refined technology and better movement identification. I am not aware of the current prices and configurations for these consoles, but I have been using a XBOX 360 16 GB since last 4 years and Nintendo Wii since last one year.

I will spell out some factors for you which might help you:-
1. PS3 as machine is better than XBOX because of softwares they run and are running on. Microsoft is known to have lots of software bugs. Even with my XBOX, system hangs during crucial movements and extensive graphic presentations on screen
2. XBOX does not support BluRay and only DVD format
3. Both come with Hard disks which can be used for anything like storage of media or games
4. XBOX kinect runs on 3D imaging, whereas PS3 Move runs via using a LED identification and accelerometer to gauge movements
5. Kinect is still in the nascent stage and more futuristic, but has lags and kinks during extensive games or multi player
6. PS3 has inbuilt Wifi connector, whereas XBOX does not AFAIK

Thread Starter #10

so which one did you select Mukesh?
I am waiting for the december, I heard that Kinect games will be upgraded to the next reallistic versions by 2012.
If there aren't any updates by december, I will go with Kinect.
Which my Sister from UK will bring one for me.

New PS3 is better

Old Xbox 360 and PS3 had problems

Xbox 360 - RROD - Red ring of death
PS3 - Yellow light of death

well..even i vote for PS3. go for it muckesh!! you'll love it buddy..

New PS3 is better

Old Xbox 360 and PS3 had problems

Xbox 360 - RROD - Red ring of death
PS3 - Yellow light of death

Exactly! My younger brother has this Xbox 360 and he faced this red light problem after few months of purchase itself. Though later we got it rectified and now its going good without any repairs.

Go for the New PS3 Slim 250 GB along with Playstation Move Controller, the system is fantastic and also it has High Quality of Blu Ray Clarity.

Exactly! My younger brother has this Xbox 360 and he faced this red light problem after few months of purchase itself. Though later we got it rectified and now its going good without any repairs.
it was so common i still remember man.glad to know that got escalated and fixed

Top Bottom