Which One To Go With: X-Box 360 + Kinect Or Play Station 3

Which one is better?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #31
Re: Which one to go for X-Box 360 + Kinect Or Play Station 3?

IMHO Kinect is just an overhyped gimmick.

I mean if a guy is a fitness freak, why not just go to the gym.
Gimmick , not really in Sony you will have to buy those bundles extra.
Which in case i have seen many of them throwing controllers on Tv while hitting.
So that's avoided in Kinect.

So its an advancement, i don't think Microsoft will update its Kinect, already waited enough.

Instead of sitting and playing on bean bag, its better to workout with moves, body sweats all through playing.

So its an added advantage.

Thread Starter #32
Hey guys does Xbox comes with HDMI cable or do i need to purchase it seperately.

How is the same with PS3?
Does HDMI cable comes with bundle?

My uncle bought for us HDMI port and is not included with our xbox which he bought for us(the new one 250gb).BTW congtrats on your XBOX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #36
Guys finally my Kinect + Xbox 360 (4GB) arrived.

But one bad news, the power cord of Kinect fried as it was 110 V for US & 220 V in India.[frustration]
However no damage to Kinect & Xbox.
As only power cord was connected and switched on, smoke came within 2 minutes of switching it on, as soon as i smelled some burn switched it off.

Now will have to get an power adapter from India Support team, which US team has assisted them in doing so.
So for time being waiting for the power adapter to be sent.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38
Oh! Thats quite bad. How much does the Power Cord Costs? Because as far I know your XBOX will not be in warrenty now or is it?
Nope i will be getting a Power cord with rating that is used for India.

US Xbox support team have redirected the Indian Xbox support team, and the part will be delivered to my home FOC.

Thank you Microsoft....

Did they voluntarily said that they will replace the power Cord? And do you need to ship back the fried Power Cord back to US?
Because AFAIK these consoles have regional warrenty and not International warrenty. So in my case, as I bought my XBOX from UK so in case of any repair, I have to ship it back to UK for it to be repaired under warrenty.
Although MS will pay for the shipping of new Console/Parts.

Thread Starter #40
Did they voluntarily said that they will replace the power Cord? And do you need to ship back the fried Power Cord back to US?
Because AFAIK these consoles have regional warrenty and not International warrenty. So in my case, as I bought my XBOX from UK so in case of any repair, I have to ship it back to UK for it to be repaired under warrenty.
Although MS will pay for the shipping of new Console/Parts.
Yes Microsoft Indian support personnel will arrive in 2 days and replace the part.

Well will update the proceeding in 2 days.
As my bro had bought this from Microsoft Official shop, there were helpline nos.
They assisted us and said the part would be replaced FOC.

I'm using xbox since...fat one.

If you're going to purchase an xbox360.. i suggest you to wait till november - december. Cause, xbox one is coming to market this fall. save big bucks.. cause this beast costs high.

Top Bottom