Which New Tyres For Tata Manza ?

Thanks for such a nice thread Tornado. My Manza needs few kilometers on ODO to touch 30000kms, and grooves will disappear in another 3-4k kilometers. Time to change the tyres now. Here are my few questions
1. What is your experience with the upgrade? Shall I go for 195/60/R15 or stick to the original size?
2. Will I get value for my old tyres?

Shall I go for 195/60/R15 or stick to the original size?
Will I get value for my old tyres?
Going for an upgrade to 195/60/R15 is good and worth for the extra money.

I have changed to this new size and ride and overall feel has improved. Negotiating some notorious humps/bumps (read some humps in Karnataka) become easier now.

Most likely you won't get anything for the used tyres.

Thanks for such a nice thread Tornado. My Manza needs few kilometers on ODO to touch 30000kms, and grooves will disappear in another 3-4k kilometers. Time to change the tyres now. Here are my few questions
1. What is your experience with the upgrade? Shall I go for 195/60/R15 or stick to the original size?
2. Will I get value for my old tyres?
Value of old tyres should be max 400-600 per piece. Try to sell it separately, do not exchange when you buy new tyres?

What is the price difference between OEN Specification and 195/60/R15 ?

Thread Starter #319
If you come across bad stretches of road, stay away from upsize I already have one bad sidewall cut leading to [cry]replacement of one tyre.
I also have sidewall puncture on another tyre, very difficult to repair else onehas to go for tube inside the tubeless tyre.
Rest I agree with Autosafari.

Tata Manza - Car Tyres discussion

Hi Friends,

I own a tata manza aura diesel car which i bought in 2013. The car has completed approximately 28000 Kms. I had done my 3 year service recently and the service advisor has asked me to change my tyres. As there are so many variants available, I am little bit confused on which one should i go for.

Request you to provide me insights on which tyres I should go to.

FYI - The car is mostly used for long drives on bad roads of Konkan and Goa.

Thanks in advance [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #321
Go for AR 20 Bridgestone.

2,8000 km is too little mileage for tyre replacement, get the tires checked at exclusive tyre shop & ask them reason for early replacement.

I know 28k is quiet less no, but the service advisor said that because he saw some uneven wear on the rear tyres.

Got the wheel alignment done..but have few highway trips in the monsoon..so bit worried..

Can anyone help me for good set of tyres..

Tornado: Just now checked that AR20 are not available in 185/60/R15. Do i need to upgrade? and if yes what should be the suitable size

The variants supporting 185/60/R15 in bridgestone are B250, ER300 and B290.

AR20 are available in 195/60 R15 88H Tubeless Type and 185/65 R15 88V Tubeless Type

Last edited:
Thread Starter #323
ER 300 is good bet.

If you do hard cornering then upsize is indicated, & 195/60R15 is good option, & AR 20 is best.

185/65 R15 would flex sideways & is prone for side wall cut.

Thread Starter #324
I sold the car when it was 88 kkm on odo, at that time TWI was still showing life of 2k km left.
So, BS Turanza ER60 ran for 45 kkm.,As mentioned earlier, one of the tyre suffered a bad side wall cut on a 'no road' while overtaking the jammed traffic from left side of the road. One of the other tire suffered from a puncture at the junction of the sidewall & shoulder of the tire, had to do a patch type of repair, twice for the same puncture.
Overall satisfied with the tyres but feel in future I won't go for upsize on my cars for the road conditions prevailing on my daily route.

@Auto Safari, Gypsy, sandeep John,
can you please post your long term review on your Accelere, AR 20, Ecopia RE 88 respectively AFA braking, wet & dry grip, cornering at high speeds, Fuel efficiency & mileage?

@rohitscar, which tyres you finally opted for? And how are they serving you?

@nozzlering, Same question for you too.

Last edited:
@Auto Safari, Gypsy, sandeep John,
can you please post your long term review on your Accelere, AR 20, Ecopia RE 88 respectively AFA braking, wet & dry grip, cornering at high speeds, Fuel efficiency & mileage?
I had up sized to AR20 195/60R/15 hence the mileage was reduced in my case by 4kmpl, earlier my average was 22kmpl on upsizing it has been 18-19kmpl, but far better handling of the car at high speeds 120-140kmph.
Cornering is better though passenger sitting at rear seat feel discomfort when done at high speed.
I once had to stear on a wet patch at a curve to avoid hitting the front car & both the trye & the ABS worked well to let me break & stear to left while I was driving on expressway at 90-100kmph.

The bridge stone tyre have been doing quite well, My odometer is now at 115000 kms, so in next 5-10k kms I will be making the next tyre change. Any better options available in the market? else I will go with either stock size 185/60 R15 tyre or up sized AR20 195/60R/15.
Upsizing reduced mileage but allows better handling of the car at high speeds. I mostly drive on expressway.

At 110000kms service I got clutch pressure pump changed & break shoes changed, original brake shoe lasted that long, so Manza will server me another 2-3 yrs.

Last edited:
I think FE dropped that much due to high speed driving 100-120kmph.
IF I drive 80-90kmph then It increases but that takes into danger zone of cruising other cars on Noida Xpressway which is known to have pile up accidents, hence I avoid driving in 5th gear @80, I mostly overtake other cars & stay away minimum 60-80mt keeping safe distance for sudden braking.

On my stock tyre anything above 100kmph steering would vibrate so never much did that speed on stock.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into these choices.

Top Bottom