Which New Tyres For Tata Manza ?

I think Michelin and Bridgestone prices are pretty close.Yokohama and Apollo are next.You might find Continentals around the same price too.

The Michelins should last 40000Kms in not more.But that really depends on your driving and the roads.Tire life is really very subjective.

@Tornado

Look for your comfort and more grip and less noise levels. Price and life of tyre are secondary for me as what makes a big difference if a tyre cost 1k more and gives 10k km less life, the driving pleasure and safety is most important[:)]

At the same time look for a tyre according to the roads you drive, if you select too soft one and try to drive on bad roads where you end up on punctures and unnecessary waste of time

Important piece of information.Any tire you buy, make sure it says MADE IN INDIA on it.That is the only way to know that the tire will withstand our roads.

Important piece of information.Any tire you buy, make sure it says MADE IN INDIA on it.That is the only way to know that the tire will withstand our roads.
Are Michelin/Yoko , "Made in India" or imported ? BS/Apollo/MRF/JK are sure made locally I know.

Yes Michelins and Yokohamas are made in India.But there are imported versions of the same on the market.Look for the Made In India on the tire sticker.You can only claim warranty on Made In India tires.If its not it all depend on how good and honest your dealer is.

@Vivek

Yes, why not Michelin has soft compound rubber which provides better grip and at the same time with less noise(this is as per the web reports I read, I do not have personal experience on this)

If tyre is well planted to the road , do you meant to say it produce more noise ?? is that correct, members can enlighten on this

Thread Starter #23
In view of longer wheel base and soft suspensions , which tyres would be better for manza, symetrical or asymmetrical ?

Stick with the conventional symmetrical tires.You don't have to worry about irregular wear and tire rotation will be more flexible.

@Vivek

Yes, why not Michelin has soft compound rubber which provides better grip and at the same time with less noise(this is as per the web reports I read, I do not have personal experience on this)

If tyre is well planted to the road , do you meant to say it produce more noise ?? is that correct, members can enlighten on this
Yeah buddy its like if tire's grip increases noise will also, soft compound tires will have little advantage on both the fronts but will not last long.

In view of longer wheel base and soft suspensions , which tyres would be better for manza, symetrical or asymmetrical ?
There is no any relation b/w tread pattern and suspension.

Thread Starter #26
Stock tire specification is as follows

185/60 R 15

Tata concorde engineer said michelin doesn't come with this specifications and they are little wider hence tend to touch the wheel hub from inside while taking full turn.

Michelin website says , sorry , no result (tires) matching with this specifications.

Last edited:
That is a strange size, but it is close the 185/65 R15 on our Ertiga.Michelin does make a tire in this sizee, the XM2 185/65R15.

Then the next is the Primacy LC(PLC)195/60 R15

Last edited:
stick with bridgestone. They are decent set.
Anything if you look for a softer compound will give you overall low life due to more wear and tear along usage with possibility of sidewall damage On potholed roads.

I have Bridgestones and they are very noisy.Even when compared to the MRF's on the Ertiga.

Michelins are not bad at all.Everyone talks of the softer compound and less life but those are just subjective to the road conditions and apply to all tires.40000kms is not low life

Top Bottom