Which New Tyre Set for Ford Fiesta?

Thread Starter #1
Can someone please suggest me good brand of Tyres for our Ford Fiesta suitable for rough roads ? -with approx price is appreciated..!

Because, you said you are more prone to rough roads, i would suggest, Bridegestone or Yokohama A Drives, which have good compound, Michelin is seriously not recommended for rough roads, as it's 40% more prone to tear and wire than other brands, but it has the most comfort of all tyres.

A Wise Decision will save you from tyre maintainance later. Choose Wisely,

Since its going to be rough roads i would suggest Yokohama A-drives , must cost around Rs.3800 per tyre in Chennai.

Try out Bridgestone Potenza too but i heard its out of stock in many places.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks friends.

@dhaya : I stay in Mogappair, Can you please suggest a good place around Anna Nagar where i can buy them ?

Since its going to be rough roads i would suggest Yokohama A-drives , must cost around Rs.3800 per tyre in Chennai.
heard from one of my friends that tyres prices got hiked yet again since last week. He said esteem radials cost him 4600 per tyre (not sure of the brand though)

When I got tyres in Pondy 2 months back, Michelin cost me, 4200 per tyre (185/70 R13 - Michelin XM1+)

I live in Anna Nagar , try out XL tyre point in Shanti colony.

@ Gokul Yes XM1+ costs around Rs.4300 in Chennai for 185/65 R14 , but this was the rate when i enquired several months back , might be hiked now!

Re: 2006 Fiesta 1.6 SXi ABS

Guys, we will be taking delivery of the car by this sunday (or saturday, may be) 1st thing to do is, get those bald shoes replaced with a better one.

Please suggest the best set of rubbers for Fiesta (I may go with the same for my City too) which will be used for about 90% in city only (hardly we take her to highways)
1) Should we upgrade from 175/65R14 to 195/60R14?
2) Which make is better, out of Yokohama, Bridgestone, Apolla & Goodyear (I know Michelin are better than the best, but Vitamin-M matters here)
3) Can someone share the price of each brand in Chennai?

Thanks in advance.

My first choice would have been XM 1+ but since you have ruled them out, I'd suggest to go for Bridgestones. They are tough enough for Indian potholes, oops, I mean roads and on the same time are comfortable enough to not let your bones clatter. And, 195/60R14 would be an ideal upgrade. Yokos are too soft a compound for Indian roads. Also, you can seek Goodyears, yes, before raising eyebrows let me complete[:)], I got them as stock tires on my Etios and was so damn pissed off to see them as stock option. I wanted to change them ASAP but due to few engagements at work I couldn't. by this time I had done around 1000 kms including 2 highways trips and boy-oh-boy they grip like anything. Moreover, they were so silent even at speeds of 110. So, this could be another VFM option.

freakdude.

Last edited:

Also, you can seek Goodyears .... this could be another VFM option.
Thanks for the suggestions freakdude. Even I am more inclined towards Bridgestone and Goodyear. (Michelin we use in our Civic, BS in my City and yet to try GY)

Guys, i hear tyres in Pondichery are cheaper than Chennai. Is it so?
If so, wht could be the difference and please suggest some place to buy in pondy.

Dear Boss,
If you have decided to buy in Puducherry, please let me know. The Authorized Bridgestone dealer is close friend of mine and I can fetch you a good deal here . Please let me know your Tyre specifications and variant you have shortlisted so that I can message you the price.
To add another point to your query,
Though I am a great fan of Bridgestone, Appolo Accelere that came with my Figo has really stolen my heart. Awesome grip at any surface, decent tire noise at higher speeds(100Kmph>). So far I just had one flat in my 23K runs( This factor may have to do with my luck as well). You could give an opportunity to Accelere as well. Just checked the changemytyre.com prices. a 'P 175/65R 14 82H' tubeless is going to cost you around 4002 rupees(After discount). A bit less in price too.

Top Bottom