Which new SUV???

Is comfort of fortuner better than innova? As per reviews on net, many say that the innova is far more comfortable than the fortuner. Also, innova has a better ride than the fortuner.
Ofcourse not. As a matter of fact the Innova is far more comfortable than premium sedans like Accord and Passat. What i said in my earlier post is that out of the SUVs you have shortlisted, Fortuner has the best ride quality.

really? is that possible? If i buy a vehicle from outside maharashtra & register it in mumbai, I will have to pay Octroi (i think 12%) right?
Yes, it is possible. The dealer will give you some certificate(dont remember the exact name), and that can be produced at the RTO(from place where you want to register your vehicle) for registration purpose.
You will have to pay only the price of your car and not the registration fees.

really? is that possible? If i buy a vehicle from outside maharashtra & register it in mumbai, I will have to pay Octroi (i think 12%) right?
yup it is possible we have done it one time while buying our new i10 as my father didn't liked the new i10 . they wanted white old i10 which was not available here in delhi so we brought it from Harayana and got it registered here in delhi

Thread Starter #33
Asked many toyota dealers. Waiting period varies from 9 months to one year!
Also, booking is closed. They have no idea when it will re-open. So fortuner is out of the list. It does not deserve so much importance or credit IMHO.

Next enquired about Santa Fe to hyundai dealers. again booking is closed & MAY re-open in April. A batch of 600 vehicles had arrived & it is already sold. We can book in advance for the next batch (that is, April batch) but they have no test drive or display vehicle... We wont book a vehicle without even sitting in it!!! So Santa Fe is out too.

So, in the end, we will wait till April-May for any new launches.

Mahindra - PLEASE PLEASE launch the W201 by then.
Mitsubishi - Please launch the pajero sport by then.

EDIT:

On-road prices in mumbai:

Fortuner-
23,59,000 (Private)
25,44,000 (Corporate)

Santa fe-
26,68,000 (4x2)
28,44,000 (4x4)

Last edited:
hey raj,

my options would be to wait for the launch of the new pajero which is scheduled in early 2011 or to go with fortuner for your budget...

yeah. but raj, i would not prefer to go with mahindra w201 in the first shot. generally the upgraded versions are better and might have on-road issues (same as scorpio).the new pajero is a better choice to go with, else wait for various reviews and then go for w201. just my view [drive]

Thread Starter #37
yeah, you maybe right. but our past experience with mahindras have been good. we bought the first gen scorpio way back in 2003, 2 months after it was launched. its still with us, done almost 2 lakh kms & still running strong. we bought 2 scorpios after that & both are running well. we have 6 boleros in our firm & bought a new one recently. so you can say, we have got a good faith in mahindra.

also, though i am sure the pajero sport will be a much better (and expensive) vehicle than the W201, Mitsu's A.S.S. is worse than mahindra's, as far as i have heard.

but if the paj sport launches at the same time, i would of course opt for it over the W201. I would replace my scorpio with W201 after 3 years! :-)

Top Bottom