Which New Petrol Car Under 5 Lakh? (Booked Ritz VDi)

Thread Starter #31

Fazer

Suspended
re: Which New Petrol Car Under 5 Lakh? - Booked Ritz VDI

1. most of the people buy from gurgaon because they get cars at cheaper rates so gurgaon will have a lower price of the car but you will have a car bearing number HR XX X XXXX.

And i'll say get the DL registered car. reason - i'm not saying but many people say that HR registered vehicles gets stolen more in Delhi. i don't know how much of this is true.
No problem buddy. My Optra, is also HR XX XX XXXX. About the Stolen part, I don't think it is true! [lol]

2. you are buying a diesel so you won't get freebies they can give you mudguards and floor mats. i don't think they will offer you anything else. but if you have contacts like you said you may get some extra stuff.
Yes. I will ask for floor mats and Mud flaps. What about Sunfilm? Will they give?

3. have you seen the quality difference in the old and new swift ? new swift is way much better than the old swifts in terms of interiors.
Yes. I agree.

so i'll still say wait for the new model. no point in admiring the new model when you already purchased the old. moreover after sale price can be affected.
Yes. [cry]
Hope the New Ritz launches soon.

---

UPDATE : On my way to Showroom! Will be there for TD in 15-20 Minutes. :biggrin:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

for normal sunfilms , showroom charges some 3000-5000 so i don't think they will give it as a freebie. and moreover you shouldn't even think about sunfilms [lol] you know they are banned right.

i was in the same confusion , waiting for the new i20 model in february. i can understand.

maybe maruti will launch the ritz just like the dzire. they already had started producing the new dzire , stopped the old model's production , launched it and it was available the next day.

so just hope ritz also has the same launch so that its available in the market soon.

enjoy your TD [:D] there's a bit of turbo lag. when you'll press the accelerator in 2nd gear nothing will happen but after a second or two just see how the car takes off [;)]

Thread Starter #33

Fazer

Suspended

for normal sunfilms , showroom charges some 3000-5000 so i don't think they will give it as a freebie. and moreover you shouldn't even think about sunfilms you know they are banned right.
Whatever! Sunfilms? I will get TINTS , that too full 50%, Let's see what govt. does! [angry]
Also, I am very good at this! (Protecting me from the Cops!):biggrin:

so just hope ritz also has the same launch so that its available in the market soon.
Hope so.

enjoy your TD there's a bit of turbo lag. when you'll press the accelerator in 2nd gear nothing will happen but after a second or two just see how the car takes off
I am at the Showroom! There is the White Ritz VDi ABS for TD. Currently taking a close look at the Interiors, not great though.

Will post the observations.

Cheers.

Well RITZ is a excellent choice my friend but Iam slightly confused by your decision of moving to VDI instead of VXI. To keep you informed I have a RITZ VDI & SWIFT VXI, trust me driving pleasure of VDI is like killing the car inch by inch where as VXI cruises, but yeah once you overcome the turbo lag in VDI its great guns, but since you would use it in city with less running I still dont find any genuine reason for a VDI instead of VXI. Do keep us posted about your buy.

Happy Motoring
Santosh.V

Thread Starter #35

Fazer

Suspended

Well RITZ is a excellent choice my friend but Iam slightly confused by your decision of moving to VDI instead of VXI. To keep you informed I have a RITZ VDI & SWIFT VXI, trust me driving pleasure of VDI is like killing the car inch by inch where as VXI cruises, but yeah once you overcome the turbo lag in VDI its great guns, but since you would use it in city with less running I still dont find any genuine reason for a VDI instead of VXI. Do keep us posted about your buy.

Happy Motoring
Santosh.V
Well santosh. The TD is over. Yes, the car comes to life only after 2000Rpms but after that, You have all the joy of your life.

------------

Here is the TD Observations :
(Car : Ritz VDI ABS)

>Interiors were too simple (Need to be improved)
>Tachometer was very sporty (Just like a Webcam!)
>The Front Grill reminded me of Audi.
>Odd Rear Look (Looked horrible when standing just at the rear)
>ORVMs were large and gave a wide field of view
>Boot Space was enough to gulp a Bass Tube and some stuff
>Clutch is Smooth and Effortless
>The best part in the ride was the 2000rpm+ Revs!
>Mid-Range was very good and helpful while overtaking
>Responsiveness was not as good as Swift (New One)
>Handling was great (while cornering and sudden lane changes)
>The steering was NOT too light as in the Verna (which I don’t like)
>Suspension was below expectations (the THUD sound over a small bump!)
>Brakes were very firm and You just have to feel them and car comes to a halt (mine was ABS-equipped)
>Tyres should have been wider
>Slight body-roll was there during hard cornering
>The Gearshift was smooth and Slick
>After driving the L-O-N-G Optra, I felt the Ritz was very easy to manoeuvre in traffic
>0-60Kph Whoosh! In Second Gear, Keep revving at 4000rpms and the car runs like hell.
>Seating was really high and thus gave a nice all-round view
>I touched 100Kph during the TD and this happened quite fast (ROCKET!)
>The Rear Legroom was acceptable
>Headroom was ample both at the front as well as rear
>I was a bit uncomfortable at the back seat
>The SE promised this car gives 21.1Kpl, But, I don’t think so.
>The Car was too wide (Maybe I feel this because I had the Alto earlier!)
>The Tyres looked Puny from the Rear
>Thank God! Maruti had provided Blue+Grey panels on the Inside
>Accelerator needed to be pressed firmly above 2000rpms (not in a flash) to wake up the sleeping beast
>The Front was Beautiful, although, Rear was Ugly!
>The Rear suspension was better than the Front but not good either.
>The Front Legroom was acceptable, Atleast My legs were not banging on the Console

Any more things to ask, please tell. :stupid:

Anyways, I was impressed with the TD.
My Dad drove it for a short distance and said : "It is too large as a hatchback!" :biggrin:

The SE has said the Ritz VDi (Superior White) will be available till minimum 1.5 Months. [anger]
He says that the freebies offered would be : Mud Flaps, Side Beading, Floor Mats and Car Perfume (Damn that 150Rs. one!) only.
The Discount offered is 30k, which I think is Okay.

Anyway, The SE said the dealership is open till 6Pm, So, My Dad decided to book the car today itself (in the evening 4 pm).

On my way to home.

Any Suggestions/Questions?

Last edited:

Yaar 1.5 months for Ritz. I think its 2 much in view that may be excise hike. Tell dealer to give in 15 days or try competent maruti dealer,connaught place they will surely give in 15 days.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

so most of the points you said are positive [thumbsup]

>the rear look - just don't look at it. every car or the other have some hideous part [:D]

>main is the interior and space. legroom you said was good so no discussion regarding that.

>and as i told you above the turbo lag. but you will get used to it.

> and there is thud noise in ritz as well [surprise] i always thought its only in hyundai's. and yeah i forgot to mention before i10 is bouncy because of the soft suspension.

> 1.5 months waiting period. if in between the new model gets launched , just rush to the showroom to check it out and if you find that better make sure you tell the dealer you want the new model.

> confirm from the dealer if your ritz will be a 2012 model. most of the times to clear stock , dealers give 2011 model so just ask this question

Thread Starter #39

Fazer

Suspended

so most of the points you said are positive

>the rear look - just don't look at it. every car or the other have some hideous part
Right. Just as my Optra, being so powerful, looks almost like a FISH from the Side! [lol]

>main is the interior and space. legroom you said was good so no discussion regarding that.
Space was good but NOT the Interiors. They were too simple but the Blue+Grey panels were looking good. Anyways, They were neither too good nor too bad.

>and as i told you above the turbo lag. but you will get used to it.
Yes, You were right. Below 2k Rpms, the car was almost DEAD!

> and there is thud noise in ritz as well i always thought its only in hyundai's. and yeah i forgot to mention before i10 is bouncy because of the soft suspension.
Yup buddy. On VERY small bumps, the car made a Loud sound 'THUD' as if it was a Manhole! Damn that Front Suspension.
Yes, i10 is bouncy at the back. Most of the people mention in thier ownership/TD reports that i10 is bouncy at the back.

> 1.5 months waiting period. if in between the new model gets launched , just rush to the showroom to check it out and if you find that better make sure you tell the dealer you want the new model.
No, I asked about it. SE said that "No, Nothing like that", But, Then I insisted that It is not a rumour, It may launch in coming months. But, SE said "No. Impossible! We are not aware about it, and if it launches, then it will be in late 2012". So, Just dropped down the plan of it.

> confirm from the dealer if your ritz will be a 2012 model. most of the times to clear stock , dealers give 2011 model so just ask this question
Ah. I didn't ask about it! Anyways, The Car will not be bought from this dealer, so no use asking him. The car will be bought tomorrow from Pasco Automobiles, Gurgaon.

dude ask for more discount.
they should definitely give good discounts.
The Car will not be bought from this dealer.
Dad talked to the other SE (Dad's known one). He said : "Sir, I will do 5-6k less in addition to the 32k discount".:biggrin:
The Accessories he qouted were :
1. Sunfilms for Sides and Rear (For us only)
2. Mud Flaps
3. Floor Mats
4. Dashboard Idol, Car Perfume (Ambipur)
5. Body Cover (For us)
6. Under body Anti-Rust Treatment/ Teflon coating (I am not sure what he said!)
Will try to bargain hard once I reach Gurgaon!

Yaar 1.5 months for Ritz. I think its 2 much in view that may be excise hike. Tell dealer to give in 15 days or try competent maruti dealer,connaught place they will surely give in 15 days.
Buddy, Now I have almost made the deal (conversations) with the SE at Gurgaon. So, No chance of getting from some other dealer. Anyways, The SE promised the delivery till 20 July.

---

UPDATE : Confirmed booking of Maruti Ritz Vdi Superior White TOMORROW!

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Yes, i10 is bouncy at the back. Most of the people mention in thier ownership/TD reports that i10 is bouncy at the back.
even the verna's the same [;)] bouncy. if you see from a car behind , it will look like a ride to you , that caterpillar one [lol]

No, I asked about it. SE said that "No, Nothing like that", But, Then I insisted that It is not a rumour, It may launch in coming months. But, SE said "No. Impossible! We are not aware about it, and if it launches, then it will be in late 2012". So, Just dropped down the plan of it.
they say like that only to clear the old stock. they are very clever. i was interested in swift so that's why when i was at the showroom the guy told me each and everything about the new dzire.

"tomorrow we'll go at the headquarters to get a detail review of the car and all the new features. the car will be launched within a week "

don't listen to them.

Ah. I didn't ask about it! Anyways, The Car will not be bought from this dealer, so no use asking him. The car will be bought tomorrow from Pasco Automobiles, Gurgaon.
from whichever showroom you buy the car just confirm it ok.

The Car will not be bought from this dealer.
Dad talked to the other SE (Dad's known one). He said : "Sir, I will do 5-6k less in addition to the 32k discount".
The Accessories he qouted were :
1. Sunfilms for Sides and Rear (For us only)
2. Mud Flaps
3. Floor Mats
4. Dashboard Idol, Car Perfume (Ambipur)
5. Body Cover (For us)
6. Under body Anti-Rust Treatment/ Teflon coating (I am not sure what he said!)
Will try to bargain hard once I reach Gurgaon!
woah that's a lot for a diesel [thumbsup]

6. yeah its ok. but make sure they do it in front of your eyes.

and are you going for the ABS ? is it optional in vdi ?

Thread Starter #42

Fazer

Suspended

Plz do update on final On road price
Vaibhav, The conversation with the SE was done on Phone. So, I am not sure about the detailed price break-up (Registration, tax, insurance, etc).
Anyways, This is all I know :
Booking Amount : 10000
Ex-Showroom (Gurgaon) : 554700
On-Road Price : 609700 Approx.
Discount (Including Corporate discount, etc) : 32000
Amount reduced by the SE (For us only :tongue: ) : 5000

Final On-Road Price after discounts : 572000 Approx.

Will tell you in detail when I am back after booking the car. Will be heading to Gurgaon at 1pm.

even the verna's the same
I think this is common in all Hyundai's due to soft rear suspension.

they say like that only to clear the old stock. they are very clever. i was interested in swift so that's why when i was at the showroom the guy told me each and everything about the new dzire.

"tomorrow we'll go at the headquarters to get a detail review of the car and all the new features. the car will be launched within a week "

don't listen to them.
The Gurgaon dealer also says the same "Nothing as such". Currently, I will book the car and if the New Ritz launches, I will cancel the booking and book that one.
My Question is :
After cancelling the booking, Will I get full refund of the booking amount?

from whichever showroom you buy the car just confirm it ok.
Ok, Will ask the SE. But, If he says that "Yes its 2012", How will I confirm that It is not a 2011 Model?

woah that's a lot for a diesel
6. yeah its ok. but make sure they do it in front of your eyes.
Yeah, I also think thats a lot! The Floor mats include floor mat and Boot Mat also!
And, I forgot to tell, the dealer said He is also having a Sony HU with 2 front speakers. And he will give it as a freebie but I have to leave Sunfilms. What to do?
Also, 6.Underbody Antirust Treatment/ Teflon coating are the choices I have for the freebie. What should I get done?

and are you going for the ABS ? is it optional in vdi ?
Yes, ABS is optional in Vdi, but I am not buying the ABS equipped one. I had already set the budget to max. 5.5 Lacs, but the Ritz Vdi is exceeding that, So, I am short of money!
The price difference between the two is approx 18500, which is a lot.

---------------------

The On-Road Prices are lesser in Gurgaon than In Faridabad (Delhi). Faridabad prices are 2000-3000 Rupees more than in Gurgaon!
Also, The SE at Gurgaon told that the Price increase in the New Ritz VDI (if it launches) will be 40-60k!
I think it's better to get the current model and be satisfied with it.
If 60000 rupees increases, then, I will have to get the Ldi or Vxi!

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

You can get the refund in case of cancellation of the booking. A small charge would be deducted as cancellation charge
Ok, Will ask the SE. But, If he says that "Yes its 2012", How will I confirm that It is not a 2011 Model?
you can check the manufacturing month and year by decoding the VIN

And, I forgot to tell, the dealer said He is also having a Sony HU with 2 front speakers. And he will give it as a freebie but I have to leave Sunfilms. What to do?
sunfilms banned !! Get the stereos !
Also, 6.Underbody Antirust Treatment/ Teflon coating are the choices I have for the freebie. What should I get done?
Avail both the offers . It would be of much use if you are planning for a long term ownership

Yes, ABS is optional in Vdi, but I am not buying the ABS equipped one. I had already set the budget to max. 5.5 Lacs, but the Ritz Vdi is exceeding that, So, I am short of money!
YOU MIGHT BE SHORT OF BUDGET, IF YOU HAVE ANY MEANS TO FIX THE DEAL WITH THE RITZ VDi ABS IT WOULD BE WORTH THE PRICE

---------------------

The On-Road Prices are lesser in Gurgaon than In Faridabad (Delhi). Faridabad prices are 2000-3000 Rupees more than in Gurgaon!
Also, The SE at Gurgaon told that the Price increase in the New Ritz VDI (if it launches) will be 40-60k!
I think it's better to get the current model and be satisfied with it.
If 60000 rupees increases, then, I will have to get the Ldi or Vxi!

What do you guys think?
The newer model would fetch good resale value. When we consider the facelift Swift got Ritz would sometimes get new interiors. But I feel the present VDi ABS to be
worth the money.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

My Question is :
if the new ritz get launched , the booking will automatically convert for the new model. but if old stock is still unsold then you will get the old model only if you don't request for the new model.

you will get a VIN number. you can post the number in a thread which is for decoding the vin number ( i ca't find the thread)

but you will get 2-3 papers with the car initially which will include the bill , the gate pass and temporary registration certificate which will specify the model in months and the year so no problem in that.

go for the speakers. leave the sunfilm. you can get the same sun film from outside for some 1000-2000 rupees. get the speakers.

6.Underbody Antirust Treatment/ Teflon coating are the choices I have for the freebie. What should I get done?
get the under body anti-rust treatment. it will prove beneficial. the teflon is just a name , they don't actually use it but polish.

the under body treatment will have some warranty also maybe for 2-5 years.

yes i can understand. i also increased my budget from 6,00,000 to 7,00,000 but i wanted i20 sports which was 7,50,000 [:D] so its ok.

and the price has increased very much. how much is swift vdi now ? because in february it was 6,45,000 [surprise] and ritz di is 6,00,000 OMG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45

Fazer

Suspended

The newer model would fetch good resale value. When we consider the facelift Swift got Ritz would sometimes get new interiors. But I feel the present VDi ABS to be
worth the money.
Thanks for the suggestion and info Vishnu. But, currently I have booked Maruti Ritz Vdi. Also, There is a price difference of 19k between the two models, thus Ritz Vdi ABS stands at Rs. 587000 Approx after discounts and is totally out of budget!

You can get the refund in case of cancellation of the booking. A small charge would be deducted as cancellation charge
Ok. Anyway, The Booking amount is 10k.

you can check the manufacturing month and year by decoding the VIN
Ok, Will check the VIN and then tell you guys. I think there is a similar thread for decoding the VIN in TAI.

sunfilms banned !! Get the stereos !
I have talked to the SE. I am getting both the things. (Sunfilms and Sony HU with Front Speakers. Anyways, Upgrade planned later on)

Avail both the offers . It would be of much use if you are planning for a long term ownership
Yes, I plan to keep the car for atleast 5 Years. Also, I am getting both the things done for free. However, The SE told there was no need for Teflon coating on a Brand New Car.

YOU MIGHT BE SHORT OF BUDGET, IF YOU HAVE ANY MEANS TO FIX THE DEAL WITH THE RITZ VDi ABS IT WOULD BE WORTH THE PRICE
Mate, Try to understand, The Budget being 5 Lac, was stretched to 5.5 Lac, then to accomodate the Vdi, it was further stretched to 5.8 L and Now you guys are saying to increase it to 6 L. :tongue:
Sorry. Impossible right now. My Dad will kick me out!

@Allhyundaicars :
if the new ritz get launched , the booking will automatically convert for the new model. but if old stock is still unsold then you will get the old model only if you don't request for the new model.
Oh, If it gets launched by that time, I will definitely get the booking shifted for the new model(if under budget).

you will get a VIN number. you can post the number in a thread which is for decoding the vin number ( i ca't find the thread)
I have found it. It is : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/521-decoding-vehicle-identification-number-vin.html

but you will get 2-3 papers with the car initially which will include the bill , the gate pass and temporary registration certificate which will specify the model in months and the year so no problem in that.
Yes. I have found the VIN. It is 17 digits long. Registration (Temp) Certificate says May 2012. So, Mine is a 2012.

go for the speakers. leave the sunfilm. you can get the same sun film from outside for some 1000-2000 rupees. get the speakers.
I am getting both the things buddy.

get the under body anti-rust treatment. it will prove beneficial. the teflon is just a name , they don't actually use it but polish.

the under body treatment will have some warranty also maybe for 2-5 years.
Here also, I am getting both the things. The Underbody Anti Rust coating will be having 3 yr warranty, as quoted by SE.

yes i can understand. i also increased my budget from 6,00,000 to 7,00,000 but i wanted i20 sports which was 7,50,000 so its ok.

and the price has increased very much. how much is swift vdi now ? because in february it was 6,45,000 and ritz di is 6,00,000 OMG
Oh, then what car did you settled for?
Swift VDi is 650000 INR.(Without Discounts) Actually, It was between 6.4 and 6.55 Lacs, I don't remember exactly. :stupid:

----------------------------------

So, guys, here is the deal :

My Mood : Super Happy
Car : Maruti suzuki Ritz
Variant : VDi (WithOUT ABS)
Fuel : Diesel
Colour : Superior White (Non-Metallic)
Manufactured : May 2012
Booking Amount : Rs.10000
Booking Date : 24 June 2012
Delivery Date : Before 20 July 2012 (Expected)
Dealer : Pasco Automobiles, Gurgaon
Price Quote :
Ex-Shwroom Price : 554702
Registration, Insurance, Tax : 32292
On-Road Price : 586994
Discount + Corporate Discount : 15000+3000
Discount By SE : 11000
Amount negotiated : 5000
Final On-Road Price : 552994.
[Note : This On-Road Price seems too low because of freebies, discount, etc given by our Known one.]
Freebies (Uhm, Don't get jealous) :
1. Dashboard Idol
2. Car Perfume (AmbiPur)
3. Floor Mats (Black)
4. Boot Mat
5. Sunfilm for Sides and Rear 40% Illegal Ones!(Autographix) [I will get more darker ones later on!]
6. Sony HU Sony Xplod CDX-GT48 UM (52W x 4) (with USB and Aux-In)
7. Pioneer TSA932p 300W 6”X9” 3 Way Rear Speakers
8. Sony 4" Front Speakers (Don't remember the exact model)
9. Remote Locking (Regular)
10. Teflon Coating
11. Anti-Rust Underbody Coating (with 3 Yr Warranty)

[Note : Some Freebies (Mud Flaps, Door Visors, Side Beading) were removed to accommodate important freebies(Rear Speakers, Teflon coating, Remote Locking, Sunfilm)]

Any more things to ask, please feel free to ask the same.

MODS : PLEASE EDIT THE TITLE - Booked Ritz VDi. Thanks.

Top Bottom