Which New Petrol Car Under 5 Lakh? (Booked Ritz VDi)

re: Which New Petrol Car Under 5 Lakh? - Booked Ritz VDI

Oh! :tongue:
I was just Blinded by the Italian Beauty of the Punto!
Anyways, Dad gets Fuel payment from his office (Since we owned the Alto i.e. A Petrol) but Now, We have got Diesel. Deisel means less expenses but same money for fuel (from Office). So, From that money, I will fill up tanks on my Petrol car![lol]

Also, My monthly running is not much, otherwise, I would stick a CNG at the car's back! [;)]

OT: Is the Indigo in your Avatar yours? Looks astonishing, mate.
thanks your very lucky to get petrol for free

No CNG kit for me. I love my Life than my Money. :tongue:

Anyway, My Dad is suggesting to go for Ritz, but, VDI. He says that Petrol prices are shooting upwards and will be an issue. Here is the talk :biggrin: :
Dad : Son, Take my advice and Go For DIESEL.
Me : But, Dad, Why? My running is so less.
Dad : But, Have you seen 'How much Petrol prices have increased'! When We bought the Alto, They were 40 per litre and now, Its almost Double. Petrol is increasing Day by Day by Re. 1-2.

ME : SO WHAT? NO-ONE WILL STOP FILLING PETROL IN THIER CARS BECAUSE OF 1-2 RUPEES! :lol!:

Should I consider Diesel cars then?
I Support your stand here. If every body thinks of buying a petrol car then definetly in short future there will be a demand for diesel & considering this fact I feel petrol cars & demand for the same might drop which might be a advantage for petrol heads. Considering your running per month I dont see a reason for a diesel car. Keep us posted on your buy.

Happy Motoring

just checked out the company and near my place thinking of applying [:D]

diesel ritz vdi sounds good buddy am thinking of going for same considering waiting for swift and dzire diesel

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19

Fazer

Suspended

I Support your stand here. If every body thinks of buying a petrol car then definetly in short future there will be a demand for diesel & considering this fact I feel petrol cars & demand for the same might drop which might be a advantage for petrol heads. Considering your running per month I dont see a reason for a diesel car. Keep us posted on your buy.

Happy Motoring
Thanks Santosh. Yes, We petrol car buyers will be offered discounts, freebies, etc as the company has to clear out stocks from the yard. I am also trying to convince Dad for the same but He still says that 'You will not have to think twice about money for fuel before entering the car!' :tongue:
Will keep you updated.[:)]

just checked out the company and near my place thinking of applying

diesel ritz vdi sounds good buddy am thinking of going for same considering waiting for swift and dzire diesel
I love the Swift but Not the Waiting period it is embedded with! :tongue:
Did you consider Micra/Polo/Punto?

Thread Starter #20

Fazer

Suspended

UPDATE :
Yesterday had a talk with Dad and finalised two cars :
Swift and Ritz (Irrespective of model).

Now my query to choose one from the above 2 is "SPACE"[;)].
Which car is better in the following points :
1. Front Headroom
2.Front Legroom
3.Rear Headroom
4.Rear Legroom
5.Boot Space.

Thanks in advance. [:)]

Abhiraj,

My take would be the Ritz

Reason: Better boot then the new swift, better road visibility & head room. Old Swift had a boot capacity of 230 liters, the new car actually loses 26 liters of cargo space, bringing capacity down to 204 liters.

Rear leg room depends on the drivers seat adjustment. So, not much of a difference in both the cars, may be swift has an edge in this case due to the scooped-in seat back which releases extra space.

Jango.

Thread Starter #22

Fazer

Suspended

Jango : I also prefer Ritz because of the Boot Space and Headroom (Especially Rear). I am 5'9", but, I have a habit of driving with the seat pulled a bit extra backwards to get some legroom for the front! :tongue:
In Optra, I have no such problem.

Anyways, Dad also prefers Ritz :
1. Priced lower than Swift
2. Same Heart (Engines)
3. Better Space
4. Less Waiting Period.

So, TAI'ns, I HAVE DECIDED : IT IS THE RITZ.

Now, The Variant?!
See, I have budget for both the variants, Vxi as well as Vdi. Remember, Dad says NO MODIFICATIONS, So, I will not go for base models (Lxi/Ldi). Also, I don't find top model of Ritz petrol to be VFM, hence, REMOVED.

Now, I am left with Vxi, Vdi and Vdi ABS. I know, ABS is a great safety feature but comes only at a price, i.e., the WAITING PERIOD.

So, I am yet to decide between the Vxi and Vdi.

Help Please!

Buddy....if you have the budget go for VDI, only if your pocket says no then you choose the Vxi. In short if budget allows then why not [;)]

jango.

@ABhi if u drive more than 1000kms per month then VDI or VXI

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i saw your thread just now [:D] so you decided to go for ritz.

why not give the i10 a chance ? i mean its really good. i have driven both the ritz as well as i10 and my any day favorite will be i10.

the sitting in ritz is really awkward. i mean it didn't feel comfortable to me. but if you have decided then don't get confuse now [:)]

all hyundai bhai - u will make all hyundai customers..[lol]
i feel ritz is more comfortbale than I 10 [;)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

well yes its your personal choice [:)] i drove both the cars that's why i suggested i10. no worries.

if you are going to but ritz only then wait for the facelift. i don't know the exact date but you should wait.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Jango : I also prefer Ritz because of the Boot Space and Headroom (Especially Rear). I am 5'9", but, I have a habit of driving with the seat pulled a bit extra backwards to get some legroom for the front! :tongue:
In Optra, I have no such problem.

Anyways, Dad also prefers Ritz :
1. Priced lower than Swift
2. Same Heart (Engines)
3. Better Space
4. Less Waiting Period.

So, TAI'ns, I HAVE DECIDED : IT IS THE RITZ.

Now, The Variant?!
See, I have budget for both the variants, Vxi as well as Vdi. Remember, Dad says NO MODIFICATIONS, So, I will not go for base models (Lxi/Ldi). Also, I don't find top model of Ritz petrol to be VFM, hence, REMOVED.

Now, I am left with Vxi, Vdi and Vdi ABS. I know, ABS is a great safety feature but comes only at a price, i.e., the WAITING PERIOD.

So, I am yet to decide between the Vxi and Vdi.

Help Please!
Ritz is a fine choice. I do have the opinion that you should wait for the face-lifted model. Or else if you are going for the present model ask for good discounts from the dealer especially if you are going for the VXi (petrol)variant.
Regarding Swift ! Are you sure about the waiting period for Petrol variants ? Do enquire about it with some dealers about the availabilty(petrol variants) !

Thread Starter #29

Fazer

Suspended

Buddy....if you have the budget go for VDI, only if your pocket says no then you choose the Vxi. In short if budget allows then why not

jango.
Yes buddy. I have budget, and My Dad has also agreed to increase budget in order to accumulate the VDI under the budget. Yes, I know, "GREED IS GOOD" (Yeh dil maange more![lol])

@ABhi if u drive more than 1000kms per month then VDI or VXI
Vaibhav, Monthly running is not even 500Kms! Thus, I know there is no point of getting a diesel, but my Dad says, 'You will not have to think twice before entering the car' because Diesel will be cheaper (than Petrol) and Mileage also will be better.

i saw your thread just now so you decided to go for ritz

why not give the i10 a chance ? i mean its really good. i have driven both the ritz as well as i10 and my any day favorite will be i10.

the sitting in ritz is really awkward. i mean it didn't feel comfortable to me. but if you have decided then don't get confuse now
Yeah, RITZ it is! I agree i10 is really Good (specially in terms of Exteriors and Interiors) but I have heard many (almost 90%) of the reviews say that the Ride is BUMPY at the back. Also, I feel it is priced a bit high and No Diesel variant!
So, Hyundai Ji, Don't confuse me at the Right time! :tongue: (No offence to dear i10 Owners!)

all hyundai bhai - u will make all hyundai customers..
i feel ritz is more comfortbale than I 10
Yes, when it comes to comfort, I also feel Ritz is better. But, i10 has the luxurious feel when you get inside.
No matter. Anyway, Now the dilemma is on variant, not the car.

well yes its your personal choice i drove both the cars that's why i suggested i10. no worries.

if you are going to but ritz only then wait for the facelift. i don't know the exact date but you should wait.
No problem buddy. Is this new Ritz launching in India? Let me ask the Dealer today (in the afternoon) about it and let you know.

Ritz is a fine choice. I do have the opinion that you should wait for the face-lifted model. Or else if you are going for the present model ask for good discounts from the dealer especially if you are going for the VXi (petrol)variant.
Regarding Swift ! Are you sure about the waiting period for Petrol variants ? Do enquire about it with some dealers about the availabilty(petrol variants) !
Yes, If it is launching in coming month or so, I will probably book it!
Nope, I am going for VDI, so getting discounts will be a bit tedious task. But, My Dad's known one, is some staff member (I don't know exactly what he is!), So, I think I will be able to fetch some freebies, if possible.
The waiting period for Swift Vxi was told to be 1 month (+1 week approx) by the dealer.

----------------

Guys, I have decided to get the Ritz Vdi (present model). Dont worry, I will also ask about the New Model and If it will launch within a month or so, I will book it. Else, I will take TD of Ritz Diesel today in the Afternoon and will book it tomorrow, most probably.
Rest, There is a Good and Bad news.
Which news should I tell first?

GOOD NEWS:
My Dad's friend's cousin, is a staff member in some Maruti showroom in Gurgaon, So, We will get the car from there only and will be able to fetch some more discounts and freebies.

BAD NEWS:
I am concerned about the prices in Gurgaon, If they would be higher than Delhi/Faridabad prices!

So, Please elaborate/answer these queries :
1. Will the prices of Ritz Vdi be higher in Gurgaon than in Delhi?
2. What Freebies should I ask for? (I know I am too excited)
3. Is it worth waiting for the New Ritz to launch? Or Should I get the Existing model?

Thanks in Advance.[:D]

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

1. most of the people buy from gurgaon because they get cars at cheaper rates so gurgaon will have a lower price of the car but you will have a car bearing number HR XX X XXXX.

And i'll say get the DL registered car. reason - i'm not saying but many people say that HR registered vehicles gets stolen more in Delhi. i don't know how much of this is true.

2. you are buying a diesel so you won't get freebies [:D] they can give you mudguards and floor mats. i don't think they will offer you anything else. but if you have contacts like you said you may get some extra stuff.

3. have you seen the quality difference in the old and new swift ? new swift is way much better than the old swifts in terms of interiors.
so i'll still say wait for the new model. no point in admiring the new model when you already purchased the old. moreover after sale price can be affected.

Top Bottom