Which New Petrol Car Under 5 Lakh? (Booked Ritz VDi)

Thread Starter #1

Fazer

Suspended
Hi guys!

This is my first post on TAI, So please ignore the Mistakes. :stupid:

I already have a Preloved Chevy Optra in my Garage, But, It is maily used by Dad for his Office. Other than Optra, there is no Vehicle left at home for me.
Since I turned 18 this January, I applied for License and currently possess a Driving License, which means, I CAN DRIVE A CAR IN FRONT OF COPS![:D]
Also, I will have to start my college run from July, Therefore, I am in desperate need for a Car.

I have turned 18 doesn't mean that I am new to driving, I have been driving (Alto and Optra) since 16! [:D]

Now, Let's come back to the topic.
I have elaborated on the necessary points which TAI'ns were sure to ask.

>Budget : 5 Lacs On-Road Delhi (Can also be extended to 5.5L ; But, THE CHEAPER THE BETTER)
>New or Used : New (Strictly New)
>Location : New Delhi (Faridabad)
>Type of Segment : Hatchback
>Seating Capactiy : Since this would be my personal car, It will carry only ME 80% of the time, otherwise 2 Friends will also be there sometimes.
>For What Purpose : In City (College Runs, Malls, Market, etc)
>Fuel : Petrol (Diesel isn't necessary because of the running being low)
>Monthly Running : 400 Km Approx.
>Top Five Priorities : Looks (Design), Power and Performance, Comfort, Handling, Low Maintenance (Reliable Manufacturer)
>Manufacturer : Maruti Suzuki, Chevy, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, etc (NO Tatas and Renaults)

So, These were the major details.
Will appreciate your valuable inputs for getting me the RIGHT car!

Packing Up.

Re: Which New Petrol Car under 5L?

Hello Abhiraj Welcome to TAI.

Based on your preferences and needs,i would suggest you to go for Brio S MT, it costs some 4.80 L OTR, which has sufficient features except ABS and Airbags.
It's small,peppy and enough for 4 of you.

You have beat LT from Chevy's stable which is a very good performer and the features it offers is very good and at par with brio, the best thing is the maintenance package and Auto A/C which offers some amount of VFM. It costs somewhere around 4.85 Lakhs.

If Brio and Beat is not on your list then you could try for Alto K10 VXI, it comes under 4L (where you can save money and spend more on fuel and accessories) being a little wonder it gels nicely with the youngsters.

Thread Starter #3

Fazer

Suspended

Hello Abhiraj Welcome to TAI.
Thanks for the wishes buddy.[:D]

Based on your preferences and needs,i would suggest you to go for Brio S MT, it costs some 4.80 L OTR, which has sufficient features except ABS and Airbags.
It's small,peppy and enough for 4 of you.
The Brio S MT. Good car, under my budget and fulfills almost all my requirements. But, I have heard reviews saying about the Rear Seating of the Brio and the Rear Glass. I fear that the Rear Passengers would be very close to the Rear Hatch of the car. Incase, someone Rear Ends me? :eek:

Also, What would be the cost of Brio V MT or Brio S (option)? I will stretch my budget, if necessary.

You have beat LT from Chevy's stable which is a very good performer and the features it offers is very good and at par with brio, the best thing is the maintenance package and Auto A/C which offers some amount of VFM. It costs somewhere around 4.85 Lakhs.
Yes. I am also looking forward to a Chevy Beat because it is extremely VFM for the price we spend on it. However, I doubt if it has enough Cabin Space. Any experiences would help.

If Brio and Beat is not on your list then you could try for Alto K10 VXI, it comes under 4L (where you can save money and spend more on fuel and accessories) being a little wonder it gels nicely with the youngsters.
Yes. I know. The K10 is truely a 'Pocket Rocket' because of the heart inside the hood. But, I am not that kind of person (reffered to as 'Kanjoos')[lol]! With the budget of 5 L, I would expect a better and more feature-loaded, bigger and better looking car.

Anyways, Thanks for your valuable response.

----

In my previous post, I forgot to add preffered cars. With endless hours sitting on Net and discussing with Parents for the Car, I shortlisted the following cars :
1. Maruti Ritz Vxi
2. Ford Figo Petrol Lxi/Zxi
3. Chevy Beat LS/LT Petrol
4. Honda Brio S/V MT
5. Hyundai i10 Magna
6. Maruti Swift Vxi
7. Maruti Suzuki WagonR Vxi
8. Hyundai i20 Magna (if fits in budget)
9. Toyota Etios Liva J/G (if fits in Budget)
10. Volkswagen Polo Trend Line Petrol (if fits in budget)

Cheers.

Yes agree, Honda Brio is the car for you.Advantages is -
Looks (Design) - Different and its a Honda
Power and Performance - It is true drivers car to enjoy driving.
Comfort - good
Handling - nice
Low Maintenance - (unknown)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5

Fazer

Suspended

Yes agree, Honda Brio is the car for you.Advantages is -
Looks (Design) - Different and its a Honda
Power and Performance - It is true drivers car to enjoy driving.
Comfort - good
Handling - nice
Low Maintenance - (unknown)
However, I am not pleased with the Rear-Side look of the Brio.[roll]
Regarding maintenance, only Owners can help. Brio owners please![:D]
I feel i10 Magna is better than Brio. (Except Rear Seat Comfort)
Also, After being just 5'9", I feel that Brio will lack in Space (Leg Room, Head Room). Will pay a visit to Honda dealer and will have a close look at the car and will also bring the Price list for all variants.
Will keep you updated.

re: Which New Petrol Car Under 5 Lakh? - Booked Ritz VDI

What will be the cost of punto petrol ? Am a collage student too u must reconsider youre decision about petrol cars I drive a petrol car , 90% pocket money is used for fuel so please think twice before doing a BLUNDER

Thread Starter #7

Fazer

Suspended

What will be the cost of punto petrol ? Am a collage student too u must reconsider youre decision about petrol cars I drive a petrol car , 90% pocket money is used for fuel so please think twice before doing a BLUNDER
Oh! :tongue:
I was just Blinded by the Italian Beauty of the Punto!
Anyways, Dad gets Fuel payment from his office (Since we owned the Alto i.e. A Petrol) but Now, We have got Diesel. Deisel means less expenses but same money for fuel (from Office). So, From that money, I will fill up tanks on my Petrol car![lol]

Also, My monthly running is not much, otherwise, I would stick a CNG at the car's back! [;)]

OT: Is the Indigo in your Avatar yours? Looks astonishing, mate.

why not go for beat LT 1.2 Option pack , it will cost around 5.25 on road. You will get safety package like abs and airbags for both driver and front passenger. You can expect a milage of 12 to 15 per liter petrol on mixed traffic mode.

Thread Starter #10

Fazer

Suspended

what company does your dad work for dude
It is a private firm, Excel Chemicals. My Dad is a Chartered Accountant (CA) there since last 8-9 Years, that's why he has gained reputation and trust there and gets money for Petrol/Diesel. [:D]

why not go for beat LT 1.2 Option pack , it will cost around 5.25 on road. You will get safety package like abs and airbags for both driver and front passenger. You can expect a milage of 12 to 15 per liter petrol on mixed traffic mode.
Yes. Today my Dad is on leave, I may try to take him to Chevy showroom in the Evening. I will get price list of Beat, surely. To be true, Beat has a HATE-ME-OR-LIKE-ME looks from the Rear and I am not that much interested in it.
Will also visit Maruti Showroom ({TSI}Vipul automobiles[lol]) and check out the Waggie and Ritz there.

Will keep you guys updated.[:D]

It is a private firm, Excel Chemicals. My Dad is a Chartered Accountant (CA) there since last 8-9 Years, that's why he has gained reputation and trust there and gets money for Petrol/Diesel. [:D]
[:D]
I don't think its good to reveal so many personal information on public forum like this.

Thread Starter #12

Fazer

Suspended

I don't think its good to reveal so many personal information on public forum like this.
No worries buddy. I have just revealed the name of the firm, Not the Address.:tongue:
There would be hundreds of firms with the same name! [lol]

Thread Starter #13

Fazer

Suspended

UPDATE :

Yesterday, Dad and I checked in at Maruti Showroom and Hyundai Showroom.
We enquired about the Ritz, Swift, WagonR and i10 there.
The waiting period for White Ritz VXi was 1 Month, White Ritz Vdi was 1.5-2 Months, White WagonR Vxi was 3 Weeks and Lxi was 1-2 weeks. The Waiting period for White i10 was 1-2 Weeks for the Magna variant. The Swift Vxi white has waiting period of just 1 Month and the Vdi had 2-2.5 Month waiting.

Here is the Price list (In Rs. On-Road Faridabad) :
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Lx - 386535
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Lxi - 416665
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Vxi - 442050
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Vxi ABS - 473363

Maruti Suzuki Ritz Lxi - 461038
Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi - 498443
Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi ABS - 522950
Maruti Suzuki Ritz Zxi - 560986
Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vdi - 599445

Maruti Suzuki Swift Lxi - 489084
Maruti Suzuki Swift Vxi - 535192
Maruti Suzuki Swift Zxi - 613270
Maruti Suzuki Swift Vdi - 644749

Hyundai i10 D-Lite - 410697
Hyundai i10 Era - 444860
Hyundai i10 Magna - 477977
Hyundai i10 Sportz - 512753
Hyundai i10 Sportz (Option) - 538889
Hyundai i10 Asta - 584074

I personally feel Ritz Vxi/Vdi will be okay for me. What do you guys think?[:D]
Hyundai i10 Asta -

Ritz lxi after discounts + aftermarket CNG kit is an awesome combo. [:D]

Thread Starter #15

Fazer

Suspended

No CNG kit for me. I love my Life than my Money. :tongue:

Anyway, My Dad is suggesting to go for Ritz, but, VDI. He says that Petrol prices are shooting upwards and will be an issue. Here is the talk :biggrin: :
Dad : Son, Take my advice and Go For DIESEL.
Me : But, Dad, Why? My running is so less.
Dad : But, Have you seen 'How much Petrol prices have increased'! When We bought the Alto, They were 40 per litre and now, Its almost Double. Petrol is increasing Day by Day by Re. 1-2.

ME : SO WHAT? NO-ONE WILL STOP FILLING PETROL IN THIER CARS BECAUSE OF 1-2 RUPEES! :lol!:

Should I consider Diesel cars then?

Top Bottom