Which New Gearless Scooter?

Thread Starter #16

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, the new duro is also the same as the kinetic nova but the headlamp design and some little things are different, the taillights are just the same.

Yes, the new duro is also the same as the kinetic nova but the headlamp design and some little things are different, the taillights are just the same.
Nope. Different engine. The Nova has a 135cc engine while the DUro has a SYM branded 125cc engine. The same engine is used in the Duro, Flyte, and Rodeo.

lxi, Can you hold on the to the plan till April ?
I m asking this question, 'coz I saw the photos of the Piaggio Vespa in AutoExpo 2012, and, know what, I was instantly sold to it. According to sources, its expected to be launched in India by Mar-Apr.

Its 125 cc and your req of 5.3 seems to be suitable for it.

Piaggio is the brand which bought scooters to india, but their alliances here didnt work out well. Now they are coming under the same brand without any partnership in India.
Hope the spares will not be that costly like its italian cousin here, the fiat.

They have branded it "premium" which ~ price [surprise]!! if its anywhere in 60K price range, I might go for it.

Thread Starter #19

lxi.

Suspended
Ohh yes, that was a typing error (>45kmpl)
But there are complaints about the part quality in the TVS wego. How are the plastic parts and paint in terms of quality? Is is better than Activa?
Have a look at this thread for latest On Road prices.

Here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-honda-activa-candy-lucid-red.html#post121432

We bought a Activa for my Mom recently.

Sam Dinkar, No peps for me [:D]. I mean, its too girly yaar. I have driven an Activa, Wego, Pep+, Nova135 and Eterno. Didn't find difficulty in driving other than eterno(leave it, i will never buy it, it is not gearless) and activa. The wego was perfect with handling and the ride was also comfortable, the pep+ was very less in power as compared to activa, wego. The Nova had a bit dissapointing ride on bumps and breakers, the wego i think would be ok for me. What is the dio average onroad price in delhi (faridabad)? Does it has waiting? The wego's ride was not as sporty as the activas but the activa didn't have that traction as the wego had. While driving on water or wet mud, the rear tyre slips too much, i mean, it you stop in between water(manually stop the scooter, not the engine), then try to accelerate and the scooter skids to one side and does not move forward. My friend has bought his Wego for 47k on road and the honda activa is 43k on road(it was bought 2 yrs ago).
As we had a Wego in family,we ruled it out.
Yes the Wego had a silencer noise issue in 3 days, TVS replaced it FOC.
Wego and Activa prices differ within 800-900.

Activa has better pulling than Wego, In wego once it reaches 40 it cries to move further.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21

lxi.

Suspended
But buddy, my height is 5'4"(now increased [:D]) now and the wego was ok for me when i drove my friends wego but i was not able to ride the activa comfortably, i mean it was more sportier than wego in the terms of engine refinement but i was feeling like i am going to fall forward now. On the wego , the ride was ok on normal roads and better than activav on rocky(ing) roads. Yes, the activa was feeling like it wanted to touch more numbers while maintaining the wego on 50kmph was bit boring as it was crying on 50kmph while in activa , i did 70 without much efforts.

lxi, Can you hold on the to the plan till April ?
I m asking this question, 'coz I saw the photos of the Piaggio Vespa in AutoExpo 2012, and, know what, I was instantly sold to it. According to sources, its expected to be launched in India by Mar-Apr.
Vespa's are really cool scooters

Hope the spares will not be that costly like its italian cousin here, the fiat.
Please check the Fiat spare parts price list and compare with Maruti before jumping to conclusions. Also ask owners about the frequency of replacing parts.

They have branded it "premium" which ~ price [surprise]!! if its anywhere in 60K price range, I might go for it.
Even the Activa has premium pricing for what it offers. IMO gearless scooters should not be priced more than 30-35K.

Thread Starter #23

lxi.

Suspended
Yup buddy, for 55-60k, we can go for bikes. I think the duro is priced ok and the rodeo is too much overpriced.

hey I have purchased a brand new mahindra duro dz and I am simply loving it. The handling and comfort level is superb. It goes smoothly on the tough roads. Even my dad drives it with greats ease. Its brilliant

hey, i dont think duro dz is overpriced. i think we also have to count in the maintainance costs into the calculations. all the other bikes mentioned have very expensive spaces. duro dz being indian, spares are easily available at a reasonable price

Thread Starter #27

lxi.

Suspended
UPDATE: I have purchased Honda Aviator Standard (Drum brake) in Monsoon Grey colour.
I TDed the Duro DZ and Wego but was not satisfied.
Finally, Happy with my Aviator. On Road Price was near 54k (including accessories, otherwise 51k).
Will post ownership review once I complete 500Kms or so.

Cheers.

UPDATE: I have purchased Honda Aviator Standard (Drum brake) in Monsoon Grey colour.
I TDed the Duro DZ and Wego but was not satisfied.
Finally, Happy with my Aviator. On Road Price was near 54k (including accessories, otherwise 51k).
Will post ownership review once I complete 500Kms or so.

Cheers.
Congrat's buddy Aviator is surely a very refined scooter available in the market.

Top Bottom