Which New Car / SUV - 30 - 40 Lakh Budget ?

Mahendra sir,please don't feel bad but your own children are trying their best to fool you telling you that this car slow.
The car in question is a MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO-X and I must say that this is one of the maddest 4 door cars you can buy in India.
2000 cc engine doesn't matter what matters is the power it delivers,what matters is the performance it delivers.This car can beat even a Porsche Boxster in acceleration and you are thinking its slow and will be good for kids too.
This car is slow,as compared to a Lamborghini!!

I'd recommend you to check out Audi Q3 2.0 TDi Quattro.Or you can go for an Audi Q5 these are the cars suitable for contractors,builders etc.

@350Z:The car's price is 58 lacs but owner is asking 25.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Must not be very fast as my children will be driving many times.
A car is not expected to be slow unless one is driving a Reva. Jokes apart, Please keep in mind that all the cars in the said budget are capable to achieve three digit figures in no time. This might sound blunt but I think it’s a better idea if we educate the children about basic road sense before handing over the car. More so if their driving seems to be hazard for them as well as other road users.

This deal sounds too good to be true. What is the reason for selling and what is condition of the car?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I'd recommend you to check out Audi Q3 2.0 TDi Quattro.Or you can go for an Audi Q5 these are the cars suitable for contractors,builders etc.
+100. yes, both are nice SUV's in that price range.

It's a nice car but why is the owner selling the car at half the price?

A car is not expected to be slow unless one is driving a Reva. Jokes apart, Please keep in mind that all the cars in the said budget are capable to achieve three digit figures in no time. This might sound blunt but I think it’s a better idea if we educate the children about basic road sense before handing over the car. More so if their driving seems to be hazard for them as well as other road users.
+100,children must be responsible while driving,else even Alto can also do 140 kph if pressed hard.

This deal sounds too good to be true. What is the reason for selling and what is condition of the car?
It's a nice car but why is the owner selling the car at half the price?
Actually I don't know it completely but this car is not selling,owned by some rich(I mean very rich-the Bentley type rich) guy in Noida,the car has already covered about 30k kms in 2 years and the owner is not any more interested in it.
This car is for sale for about 4-5 months and price has came down from 40 to 35 to 25 but still prospective buyers quote a maximum 20 and leave.
Actually many people say "Its a Mitsubishi,not a Mercedes".Some say "This car has nothing that special".Some say "Engine is very small". etc etc etc.
And no doubt,there are serious maintenance issues too with this car as the local dealers here are unable to cope up with any faults coming in this car.

I would suggest you to go for:
SUV - Land Rover Freelander 2
Sedan - BMW 3 Series
Personally I would go for the BMW 3 Series. It's a looker and the best car from a drivers' viewpoint. Although, ride will be not as good as the Mercedes.

Mahendra sirji any update's on this? Did you plan anything, any TD's?
Mahendra has already mentioned in some other thread that his current plan is to buy a top end XUV5OO to replace the one he had (since it has met with an accident and he want to repair keep it in his collection as a tribute for saving the life of his children)

Luxury car will be considered later only.

Top Bottom